Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport {US-IL}

Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport {US-IL}

Old Jan 26, 2003, 6:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bar Alliance Gold
Stayed there last night as a Gold. Was given a room on the HiltonHonors Floor (10th and top floor). Was smallish (especially compared to what I get at Garden Inns), but then all I wanted to do was sleep so I was happy. Small bathroom, but good shower power and hot water.

Very good insulation. Faced the Active Runway and Terminal 2 and was never bothered by plane noise (you could hear it, but was a muted rumble at best).

Had a great dinner at the Andiamo restaurant. Wonderful steak. Was going to eat at the Gaslight Club restaurant, but the person manning the desk was asleep. :-) All three restaurants seem to have the same dinner menu, so... Breakfast at Andiamo was also good.

As a Gold, received a free bottle of water, 10% off my dinner at Andiamo, and a free continental breakfast (which I skipped for Eggs Benedict).
Old Jan 26, 2003, 7:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WorldPerks Demoted again to SE, DL 3.1MM Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
Very overpriced for airport hotel. New Doubletree Rosemont much nicer and better priced.
Old Mar 4, 2003, 5:36 pm

Health Club at Hilton O'Hare

[Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere - I did a search here and in the FT Archives.]

Does anyone know if I may purchase a day membership to the health club at the O'Hare Hilton? I have a five to six hour layover and don't really want to go downtown (or just hangout in the airport).

Thanks so much
Old Mar 4, 2003, 10:31 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM
I bought a day pass two years ago and it was $10.
Old Apr 2, 2003, 6:20 am

Programs: UA 1P MM
New (better) pricing option for Hilton O'Hare high speed internet

Hilton O'Hare has a new pricing option for high speed internet. In addition to the 9.95 per day rate which is still available, you can chose to pay 1.50 per hour. This is a better rate forf those that need an hour in the evening and an hour in the morning (3.00 vs. the full day 9.95).

Of course I prefer the MANY lower end hotels that are providing access for free, but this is a very reasonable rate, and I like the change. I hope other hotels (the ones that charge 9 - 15 per day), start to adopt this option.
Old Oct 16, 2003, 7:13 pm

Programs: JetBlue Mosaic, WN A List Preferred, Hyatt Globalest, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Spire
Looking this weekend, and seing rates of $239 give or take. Also checked for tonight and it shows $239. What codes are available to book at a discount? I would imagine this hotel closer to $75-$119?
Old Oct 17, 2003, 12:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Mile Nobody, Marriott Platinum Elite, SPG Gold
Those cheaper rates($109 - $119) are usually available Friday and Saturday nights only. Sunday goes up to $200+. I use this hotel when I have a very early flight out of ORD. Most convenient, being a very short walk to all terminals, but there are drawbacks. All food services at ORD are beyond security, except for the international terminal, which you have to ride the train to get to. Rooms are OK. As Diamond, upgrades to "Jr. Suite", which is just a room near the exit stairs, so they are larger than most. Otherwise nothing special except location, which many businesses use for meetings so they can do a quick fly in fly out.
Old Oct 17, 2003, 12:52 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by mikey1003:
Very overpriced for airport hotel. New Doubletree Rosemont much nicer and better priced.</font>
and there's a krispy kreme within walking distance from it
Old Oct 19, 2003, 9:37 am

Programs: JetBlue Mosaic, WN A List Preferred, Hyatt Globalest, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Spire
I suspect the airlines have distressed pax rates at this hotel for approximately $100 per night that are contracted. If you got either a friend at the airlines in ORD or just a nice agent to help you, you might be able to beat the rediculous $200 plus rates. I believe there is a company actually called O'hare Accommodations that books rooms for the airlines. Any of your ORD locals have the inside track on these undocumented rates and the procedures to book them? Also I am curious, how many people really buy the $200+ rates at a hotel like this? Is it just kind of put there for sale almost for show, or are there a significant number of members in the population willing to pay $200+ for this kind of hotel because of location? I'm not saying its a bad hotel, but its not a 5* $200 worthy hotel.
Old Oct 19, 2003, 9:48 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by mikey1003:
Very overpriced for airport hotel. New Doubletree Rosemont much nicer and better priced.</font>
I would second this. Sure its not connected to the terminal but from what I read here its better than the ORD location. Free shuttle to ORD. As a gold I was given a corner room that was huge. No executive floor. Free brekafast and water from the mini bar. This was on a cheapo rate off the web. Booked about 45 mins before I arrived. Enjoy your travels.
Old Nov 2, 2003, 4:39 pm

Programs: Delta Plt,American Lifetime Platinum
Hilton O'Hara

Any secret way to get a decent rate here;
Please adivse lookijng for Dec 3rd
Old Nov 2, 2003, 5:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You Southerners have such nice ways of posing questions. Have you ever consider using a spellchecker program for easier understanding or a dollar amount you consider acceptable?

MisterNice
Old Nov 3, 2003, 9:17 am

'Tis O'Hare, BTW. Try the DT Club O'Hare, it's the cheapest HH property I know of near the airport. The Hilton is nicer, but too $$ IMHO for a quickie overnight stay on a MR (or any other reason, for that matter).
Old Jan 19, 2004, 11:28 am

...Doubletree Rosemont much nicer...</font>
Recently stayed at the DoubleTree Rosemont, and I'm in no real hurry to return.

On check-in (mid-afternoon), I was told no upgrades were available for gold. Fine, it was unimportant to me for a 1-nite stay. They gave me a room on the top floor.

I'd at first figured that the very loud noise was from jet engines (the hotel is a short distance from one of the runway ends), but I realized the noise was constant. In fact, it was so loud that I couldn't hear the airplanes as they passed overhead. The front desk told me the noise was from the boiler on the roof, and yes, some people did find them noisy.

I moved to a room on the 5th floor, directly across the street from a large parking garage. The GarageView room was a great improvement over the BoilerSound room, but neither is a place I found appealing.

On the plus side, the shuttle service was prompt. (Getting a shuttle to one's hotel from ORD is a pain, and a poorly-signed pain at that, but that's the airport's fault.) The hotel does have a restaurant and also offers room service; the latter was about average for a mid-class hotel.

The best price I found at the DT Rosemont was about 70% of the best price at the O'Hare (this was a Sunday night, when the O'Hare tends to be expensive).
Old Jan 19, 2004, 2:09 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold; BA Silver; Hilton Diamond
I was there in July, 2002 when I got stuck on a Friday night due to bad weather. No "distressed passenger" rate- while I was waiting in line at the CO counter behind a whole lot of other people who were being told, "sorry, we're not paying for your hotel" I just got on my cell phone and called Hilton- rate was around $120.

Hard to compare it to others for a quick overnight- after sitting out on the runway for 2 hours and being brought back to the gate, I think I would have been happy with anything. Room service was prompt (I was starving).

Either they've raised their prices a lot since then or I got very lucky.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.