Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport {US-IL}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport {US-IL}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2022, 4:28 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by lsquare
What can I get for $18? Seems like an overpriced property that doesn't even have a good internet connection. Damn!
Not much, but for what it's worth the Diamond breakfast was continental only before the change. The only thing you should be hoping to get out of this property is the proximity to the terminal.
lsquare and DC9 like this.
Old Aug 21, 2022, 4:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by CMK10
Not much, but for what it's worth the Diamond breakfast was continental only before the change. The only thing you should be hoping to get out of this property is the proximity to the terminal.
Sounds disgusting. Whenever I hear continental for breakfast, I lose my appetite.
Old Aug 23, 2022, 9:42 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Sounds disgusting. Whenever I hear continental for breakfast, I lose my appetite.
You've stayed in too many US Hiltons then. They were only ever the ones to enforce that silly continental rule.

Continental breakfast can be perfect done properly!
lsquare likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2022, 10:10 am

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
I don't know what it is like post-COVID but the ORD Hilton cold buffet was quite decent before. It didn't cost too much to upgrade either.
Old Aug 23, 2022, 5:25 pm

Agreed with others that continental breakfasts can be incredible...for example, when on the Continent.

I'm also done with letting the breakfast tail wag the hotel-selection dog. If O'Hare is melting down and my choice is between walking from the terminal to the Hilton ORD versus slogging through traffic / snow / etc. to go to some hotel with fancy breakfast, well...
flyme2, CMK10, lsquare and 2 others like this.
Old Aug 24, 2022, 3:39 am

Originally Posted by arlflyer
Agreed with others that continental breakfasts can be incredible...for example, when on the Continent.

I'm also done with letting the breakfast tail wag the hotel-selection dog. If O'Hare is melting down and my choice is between walking from the terminal to the Hilton ORD versus slogging through traffic / snow / etc. to go to some hotel with fancy breakfast, well...
It always amuses me on how much relevance is placed on getting a free bf over a more convenient location or higher standard. Are scrambled eggs and pastries worth that much? I prefer selecting a.hotel using my brain over my stomach.
mnhusker and DC9 like this.
Old Aug 24, 2022, 6:39 am

Originally Posted by flyme2
It always amuses me on how much relevance is placed on getting a free bf over a more convenient location or higher standard.
Consumers overindex on this and the hotel companies know it. That is why you'll often see Hamptons command a price premium over nicer hotels for the same room types in leisure-heavy markets. Families over-weight the value and convenience of the "free" breakfast (that they're paying a higher rate for) in their calculus.
Old Aug 24, 2022, 7:27 am

Programs: United Silver and HH Diamond
Originally Posted by flyme2
It always amuses me on how much relevance is placed on getting a free bf over a more convenient location or higher standard. Are scrambled eggs and pastries worth that much? I prefer selecting a.hotel using my brain over my stomach.
I don't know how many times I have been to Europe and I have always been fooled by the idea that I can just locate a quick breakfast place near the hotel. This just happened to me in Amsterdam. I woke up at 7am and went outside to look for breakfast and what do find within a five block radius? Nothing open yet. Not for another hour or two. This happened to me in other cities as well. So, yes, I value the convenience of a nice breakfast at the hotel while on vacation.
mnhusker likes this.
Old Aug 24, 2022, 7:36 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Topic check!

This thread is to discuss experiences at the ORD Hilton.

General marketing discussions or breakfast-desirability discussions need to take place elsewhere.

Thank you,

cblaisd, Co-Moderator, Hilton forum
Old Nov 19, 2022, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
May be overnighting at ORD next year after a flt. from YQB. If we stay here how much lead time would I need for security (have Pre Ck) and walking to AA gates?
This would be on a Wed. morning and the flt departs at 0950. We will also be re-checking luggage I think. We arrive Tuesday night abt 7pm and will have to grab luggage and clear Customs. (HT to guv1976).
TIA

Last edited by philemer; Nov 19, 2022 at 1:50 pm
Old Dec 7, 2022, 2:24 am
1P

Location: LAX and LHR. UA lifetime Gold 1.9MM 1K , DL Gold Medallion, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, Avis President's Club
Andiamo at Hilton ORD shows a number of different closing times, depending on which website you visit. One currently says it closes at 11:00am (so open for breakfast only), another that it closes at 2:00pm (so closing after lunch), yet another that it is open until 11:00pm.

I know they reduced hours during the pandemic, but they could have opened up again by now? I'm interested in the possibility of getting an evening meal there in January. Does anyone have any recent experience?
Old Dec 7, 2022, 9:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by 1P
Andiamo at Hilton ORD shows a number of different closing times, depending on which website you visit. One currently says it closes at 11:00am (so open for breakfast only), another that it closes at 2:00pm (so closing after lunch), yet another that it is open until 11:00pm.

I know they reduced hours during the pandemic, but they could have opened up again by now? I'm interested in the possibility of getting an evening meal there in January. Does anyone have any recent experience?
Given the number of conflicting pieces of information, may be better to call and confirm.

David
Old Jan 20, 2023, 2:30 pm

A convenient stay.
Arrived at night, keyless check in via the app

Checkout the following morning also via the app, easy walk underground in the cold weather at night from the terminal and even easier walk the following morning across the street.
Was actually so cool to sleep right at the airport like this and avoid any shuttles or similar!!!
For that convenience it was worth the price. Admittedly higher than any of the similar quality options a shuttle ride away.

Paid 49,000 points for a Premium room, runway view. Think the nightly rate with tax was around $270 so decent point value. Selected a top floor King room from the app.
Diamond member, was not offered any sort of upgrade but likely would have declined anyway as wanted to see the planes take off / land. No bottles of water or similar recognition in the room. Didn't matter but just mentioning it for those that care.
Turned out for the hours of our stay we saw next to zero activity at the airport from the room and the view is more of the terminal than of the runways so was not that impressed with the view. Was not a bad view just not really what I was hoping/expecting. Might be good during busier flying hours of the day.

Grabbed a beer at night from the little cafe on the lobby level as well as coffee in the morning and that was convenient to have a great way to use the daily F&B credit if you are checking out before b-fast opens.

Some posts up someone mentioned of possible safety concerns with homeless sleeping in the walkway/hallway areas during the walk. Others said they have never seen that, while I at no time felt unsafe or threatened there were about 8 different homeless using this airport underground walkway area to sleep on the cold winter night we arrived. The hotel elevator where you enter from the airport underground walkway level requires a room key (via the app in my case) to access so it felt very safe inside the hotel of course. I don't want to make a big deal out of this, I felt 100% safe at all times.
Abidjan likes this.
Old Feb 7, 2023, 10:03 pm

Programs: UA
Day Room at Hilton O'Hare

Does the Hilton O'Hare offer day rooms?
Rate?
Early check-in fee? I will be arriving at 0600 and would like to check-in soon after arrival.
Old Feb 7, 2023, 10:14 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hilton Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Tit, Accor Plat
Yes. Just put the same date for check-in and check-out on hilton.com and you will see all the options. Seems to be 9am to 6pm.
sobore and becks1 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.