Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Ireland {IRL}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Ireland {IRL}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2005, 3:40 pm

Location: Chapel Hill, NC - UA Nobody (sigh)/0.925MM, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by pdhenry
50 per night for 3 nights = the 150 EUR delta I've blinked over.
Whoops. Me = Fat Head.
Old Sep 4, 2005, 4:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 8 MM; Hilton Diamond
Ireland Hiltons Report

I just finished 3 nights at the Conrad Dublin and 2 at the Belfast Hilton.

I have stayed at the Conrad Dublin at least twice a year since it opened, sometimes more. I took a group of about 20 customers there a couple of years ago and have suggested it to countless people. I think it is loosing a bit of its lustre. On this recent stay, the pub in the bottom floor was closed for a private party, that was so LOUD you couldn't possibly enjoy a drink or a conversation in the lobby bar either. Isn't that what hotel function/ball rooms are for? A city center hotel with the bar/pub/sandwich shop unavailable on a week night? According to some of the folks there, it happens frequently. Ireland's all grown up now. It's not a struggling economy or anything like that which might make a hotel take in ANY business. No property needs to annoy guests (regular or otherwise) that way. I also noticed a wearing down of the rooms and a generally inconsiderate staff, with some really notable exceptions of course. I'm off to the Westin.

Belfast Hilton, besides being in the middle of nowhere, at least for pedestrian exploring, this place is wearing down too. The staff are friendly and helpful. The "sprockets" bar has always been disappointing but now the sleeping room furniture is beat up, the walls and carpets are wearing. This place was built with some EU development money and evidently this isn't any earmarked for updates. They've called themselves "Belfast's only 5 star hotel" for years. It isn't, at least not now. Unfortunately, in Belfast, there's no Westin to head off to.

Just my 2 cents, and it makes me sad to write it, especially about the Conrad.
Old Sep 6, 2005, 7:26 am

I am hoping for a more positive stay there in 2 days. ^

Ill let you know!
Old Sep 6, 2005, 1:42 pm

Belfast Hilton

Suprised you are not too keen on the Belfast Hilton.

Agree with you about it being in the middle of nowhere though. We have just returned from a couple of nights. Our flight arrived at Belfast International at 0720. We made our way straight to the hotel - naturally our room wasn't ready (0845), so we left our cases with concierge. I am diamond and was using points - they let us go straight up to the exec lounge and have some breakfast, before we went into Belfast to explore.

We were given a superb corner room with floor to ceiling windows all round the room - the nighttime view of lights was fantastic.

We found the exec lounge only average, with alcohol only served between 1800 -2000, but we did find the retaraunt pretty good, for hotels anyway.
Old Sep 10, 2005, 8:57 am

Programs: AA EXP, 8 MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by tinkybelle
I am hoping for a more positive stay there in 2 days. ^

Ill let you know!
I'd be interested to know how you made out in Dub.

I received a call from Mr. Lawrence (afraid I didnt write his last name down), GM who apologized and told me they would never rent out Alfie Byrnes again....ever!

He suggested I contact him prior to my next visit and he'd "arrange something", whatever that means.

As I mentioned, this hotel seems to be wearing in other ways too. I will try the Westin or maybe even the 4 Seasons out in Ballsbridge for two stays and then see how things look.
Old Oct 9, 2005, 11:01 am

Programs: DL Diamond / Delta 360 / HHonors Diamond. FORMER: AAdvantage EXP, Loews YouFirst Platinum, A+ Elite
also looking for GM Email at the Conrad Dublin.
Old Oct 9, 2005, 12:05 pm
JAP

Location: Cork, Ireland. Aer Lingus (in the bin), BA Gold (woo hoo!), EBB Blue, HH Diamond, Starwood Plat, Hyatt Diamond
I don't have that info (at least not to hand).

Let me see if I can locate some business cards ...

In the meantime, try www.mountjuliet.ie for some more info on the estate and hotel ...

Regards,

John P
Old Oct 9, 2005, 12:30 pm
Suspended

Here you go:
Not an Ireland e-mail but this was to send me a message used a few years ago.

[email protected]

mike

Last edited by MIKESILV; Oct 9, 2005 at 12:32 pm
Old Nov 18, 2005, 6:01 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP-1.6MM, Hilton Diamond, ManU & Chicago Bears #1 Fan
Mini-reviews of Belfast and Dublin Hiltons and Conrad

HHonors status: Diamond

Part 1 of 3:

Belfast Hilton - Room #517

Status recognition: Great. I had the lowest rate possible (85BP) for 1 night stay. Received an upgrade to corner Executive mini-suite and full lounge access. 5* ^

Room: Very nice. It's probably about 33% bigger than a regular room. Has great wrap around windows. I'm on the 5th floor facing the river and part of the city. Not the best view as the area across from the river is either getting ready for construction or it's just bunch of empty, huge lots, but still better than a view of some high rises or??
2 working desks, 1 nice couch, a full dresser with a small and limited channels TV. King size bed. Automatic mini-fridge, safe and a full closet. The bathroom is very nice size. It has a huge corner type tub with shower, it's not a jacuzzi but still very nice. A 2 sink counter. Molton Brown products are provided. There is also a phone next to the toilet and a TV/Radio speaker.
Very clean and with the exception of some minor furniture scratches, the room is in great shape. No carpet stains. 4.5* ^

Internet access: High speed but expensive. 15BP (all inclusive) billed noon to noon. 2*

Location: Great. convenient to many city center attractions. 4.5* ^

Executive Lounge: Small and very crowded in the evening. Some hot food, but very limited. Wine and beer only between 7-9pm. Staff very friendly and helpful. 3.5* (still better than nothing).

Public areas: Very nice lobby with a very busy bar area. There is also a restaurant attached, but I have not tried it. 4* ^

Overall score: 4* ^

Part 2 of 3:

Dublin Hilton - Room #414

Status Recognition: Almost none. The clerk mentioned that they have my HHonors number on file. No mention of any upgrade. NOTHING! 2*

Room: A very average, Holiday Inn type room at best. The furniture is almost out of one of the cheap hotels in Florida. It's the cheap, blonde color, Wal-Mart, assembly required type of furniture. The room is very clean, so it does get an extra point for that. The bathroom is regular size with a tub/shower combo. I did get a robe/slippers/2 bottles of water and a tiny box of chocolates delivered minutes after check in. 2.5*

Internet Access: Wireless for 15E$ or wired for 20E$. 2*

Executive Lounge: None 0*

Public Areas: Ok. A restaurant and a bar in the lobby area. Have not check either one. Lobby, small, and not very attractive. 3*

Overall Score: 2.5* (Recommended only if you get a great rate, otherwise..... move on)

Part 3 of 3:

Dublin Conrad - Room #227

Status Recognition: Great. Received an envelope upon check in with a welcome letter, keys and 2 breakfast certs. The keys were for a mini-suite. This was an award stay. A bottle of wine and a nice size box of Irish chocolates delivered to the room when I went out. 5* ^

Room: Great: It's a mini-suite. Huge room with a king size bed, a couch, lounge chair, a huge working desk with 110/220V wall receptacles, coffee table, dresser with a TV and a CD/Radio player, a mini-bar, another smaller dresser, and a huge closet with a safe. The bathroom is fabulous. Separate walk in shower, a full size tub, a 2 sink counter and a separate toilet room with a phone. Very clean. Not as posh as the Asian Conrads but I'm very happy. 4* ^ (4 stars for a Conrad, which is a lot better than 4 stars for a Hilton, but only 4 stars when compared to a HKG or BKK Conrad.

Internet Access: BT Openzone available for T-Mobile subscribers, so I didn't check what the rates were for the hotel hook-up.

Executive Lounge: None 0*

Public Areas: Very nice. Did not try any restaurants, but had a drink at the lobby bar. Service is somewhat slow and in need of improvement, but acceptable. There is a very nice pub in the basement. Better service, nice pub. 4* ^

Overall Score: 4plus* ^ . The only missing part is the executive lounge. Very surprised that the hotel does not have one. The service is not up to par to the Asian properties, but that's almost expected. Overall, I'm very happy with my stay.

Highly recommend this property when staying in Dublin.

Last edited by andrzej; Nov 23, 2005 at 2:22 pm
Old Nov 19, 2005, 1:02 pm

Programs: EI-GCE, BD-G, BA-G, A3*G, TK*G, FB-G, HH-G, Hyatt-Dia
Thanks for the report, andrzej. ^

I've eaten in the restaurant a couple of times and have always found the food to be first rate. The waterfront views are nice, staff attentive, even if the restaurant is a little too 'open' for my taste. All the same, I'd be happy to recommend the restaurant to anyone staying there.
Old Nov 20, 2005, 12:44 am

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Originally Posted by andrzej
HHonors status: Diamond
Part 2 of 3 (Dublin Hilton, report on Tuesday 11/22)
I had a nice experience in September at the Dublin Hilton. Nice room overlooking the train tracks and stream.

Be aware that they are running 2 different WIFI systems on the property. One is BTOpenzone; if my memory serves correctly, the other is Orange. Unfortunately my 5th floor room only got the Orange signal :< T-Mobile Hotspot only has a roaming agreement with BT. I only found out that it was available in the lobby the day of my departure. My company paid for wired Internet via IPass the rest of the visit.

Otherwise, the breakfast buffett was one of the BEST I have ever eaten. I loved the fresh Chicken Sausages and large food selection for such a small property!! Amongst the friendliest front desk staff that I have ever dealt with.
Old Nov 20, 2005, 8:15 pm

Programs: DL Diamond / Delta 360 / HHonors Diamond. FORMER: AAdvantage EXP, Loews YouFirst Platinum, A+ Elite
/bump and thanks...

looking forward to an updated Dublin Conrad report, as I'm staying there in early Dec as part of a mileage run.
Old Nov 20, 2005, 9:24 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
Originally Posted by andrzej
Internet access: High speed but expensive. 15BP (all inclusive) billed noon to noon. 2*
The BTOpenzone wireless is a much better deal (if you have a wireless card) as it is 10GBP for 24 full hours. I was able to use it at the Belfast City Airport and at LHR so quite a deal I thought.
Old Nov 21, 2005, 3:41 am

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by Mrp Alert

Be aware that they are running 2 different WIFI systems on the property. One is BTOpenzone; if my memory serves correctly, the other is Orange. Unfortunately my 5th floor room only got the Orange signal :< T-Mobile Hotspot only has a roaming agreement with BT. I only found out that it was available in the lobby the day of my departure. My company paid for wired Internet via IPass the rest of the visit.
FWIW The second WIFI system doesn't come from teh hotel, but from the LUAS (tram) system across the way. When using the wired in room internet, it takes a bit of meedling to get the PC to ignore that and pick up the wired signal.
Old Nov 22, 2005, 10:52 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP-1.6MM, Hilton Diamond, ManU & Chicago Bears #1 Fan
I'm posting a separate message to bring up the thread and to make a final comment.

I've decided not to make any special requests with any of the properties outside of the "comments" area when making a reservation. Requested any available upgrade, if possible, with all 3. I just wanted to see what my Diamond status will do for me. Very happy with 2 out of 3 properties.

The Dublin Hilton was a total disappointment. NOTHING! and I'm not very demanding to begin with, but ??????? The hotel was not busy, so that was not an excuse. I believe that it just does not have anything special to offer. I really felt like I was at a nicer Holiday Inn at best.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.