Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Points Posting Problems: Points Missing, Delayed or Not Posting" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Points Posting Problems: Points Missing, Delayed or Not Posting" thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2000, 12:05 pm
Original Poster

Location: Southern California - UA1K, Delta GM, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold, AA Platinum

It seems to me that recently there have been alot of errors with Hilton's HHonors system. I recenly stayed at The Palmer House Hilton at full rate, it showed my folio online.. with the charges, but no hilton points. I had to call, and she said "looks like a computer glitch, these happen sometimes". Computer Glitches are bad.. Just concerned about the more complicated things such as bonuses, double points, etc.. if they can not get the basics right...
Old Jan 26, 2000, 12:35 pm

Programs: DL-MM/FC/FO AA-EXP/MM Starwood-Platinum Marriott-Platinum Hilton-Gold Hyatt-Diamond
I stayed at a Garden Inn on the 3 December. The points had not posted on the 3 Jan so I called the service center. They sent a request to the hotel for confirmation to post the points. I offered to fax the folio but they said no. I was advised that it would take up to three weeks for the points to post. To see how they respond to email from the web site I sent a request for a status update on the 11th. On the 19th came the reply that it would take another 3 weeks. I replied the same day and have not heard back yet.

It's not worth the effort to track 500 points. It looks like I am going back to Marriott and Hyatt and transfering my HHonors points to DL.

TW
Old Jan 26, 2000, 1:22 pm
PG
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum
I seem to be having some problems too recently.

I do not know what is worse - Marriot not giving any air/car bonuses or Hilton giving the air/car bonuses but making mistakes. On second thoughts I prefer Hilton.
Old Jan 28, 2000, 1:50 pm

Recently, I filled out the address change form on the Honors Web Page. I received a reply from Hiltonres email that said. Thank you, please forward your address. This sounds like some kind of glitch.
Old Jan 28, 2000, 2:12 pm
Original Member

Location: UA UGS 1K; US Chairman: AA Platinum: Marriott Platinum Premier; *wood Gold
I consistantly have a problem with the on-line booking bonus. It only posts about half the time.
Old Feb 1, 2000, 9:03 am

Programs: DL-MM/FC/FO AA-EXP/MM Starwood-Platinum Marriott-Platinum Hilton-Gold Hyatt-Diamond
Two Months since my stay and still no points.
Four weeks since my phone request when I was advised to wait three weeks for the research.

Three weeks since my e-mail request in which the reply said it was being investigated and to wait three additional weeks.

Friday I phoned the service center and spoke to a rep who asked for me to fax the folio.

Folio faxed yesterday morning. Today I spoke to the same rep who said that it takes a couple of days for them to deliver the faxes from "upstairs" so he did not have it yet, but he would go "upstairs" late this afternoon to see if it had arrived yet.

All this for 500 points? NOT worth it.

TW
Old Feb 1, 2000, 1:04 pm

This afternoon I received a reply to my e-mail of the 21 January.

"Thank you for your email.

I do understand your frustration, in attempting to get your stay posted.

I have added 2,000 HHonors points to your account for the inconvenience. We are
still waiting for a response from the hotel, however, if you would not mind,
please forward a copy of your hotel bill, so that we may bring your account up
to date."

I called the rep at HHorrors and he now had my ax and said would get the stay posted after 06:00 CST today.

Lets see what happens.

TW

[This message has been edited by Tolarian Wind (edited 02-01-2000).]
Old Feb 1, 2000, 3:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
I generally find my points at North American properties post quickly. Just make sure all the right numbers are printed at the bottom of your bill before you check out. If there has been any "problem" with their computer system, it is that it records C$ at the same rate as US$, so I am getting more 30% points than I expect.

When I did have a problem last summer with some European promo bonuses being credited properly, I emailed and within a day had a courteous reply leading to a quick resolution of the matter.

And while I did have minor problems updating certain airline partner information using the web, it was resolved quickly.

Where problems really exist is on the booking pages, where the newer Stikis European hotels require a phone call follow-up. Did have problems getting onto the site to make bookings over the weekend, though.

Always found/find HHonors service centre staff to be among the most helpful and efficient, particularly back in the days when you had to pay for the phone call...!
Old Feb 3, 2000, 5:39 am

Thumbs up

The points finally posted.

Two months from the stay.

The last two individuals involved were most helpful in resolving the issue.

TW
Old Feb 3, 2000, 8:01 am
BIM

Cool

On the other hand, United Bonus points from my flights last week posted within 1-2 days of travel...
Old Feb 3, 2000, 12:26 pm

Programs: UA Gold Million Miler, HH Gold, Marriott Gold
Thumbs down

On the other, other hand, my husband and I are missing collectively, in our Mutual Fund, over 12,000 points from Mileage Plus Nights, just up to Dec 31. Each program blames the other. I am trying to get them posted by mailing in my account info from Mileage Plus and HHonors to HHonors. With no dates or flight numbers, it is impossible to track down the missing points.
Old Feb 10, 2000, 11:56 am
Original Member

Yep, I'm in the same boat. I registered way back in July, confirmed my participation with both programs in October (I do that for these types of promotions), and have made two dozen flights since then. No HHonors points.

I made several calls today with both programs. You can guess the responses:

Hilton: "You need to call United again and make sure they are sending the flight data."
United: "You need to call Hilton again and make sure they are receiving the flight data."

Since I am not an IT employee for either company, it looks like I am just screwed. Did you get a contact to call and sort it out? Hilton said they will "look into it", which was the response I received back in December when I called previously.

A great way to treat someone who decided to move some hotel business to Hilton for the first time because of this promotion.
Old Feb 10, 2000, 1:05 pm

Tino,

my husband and I also had problems with some of the MP nights points not posting. I had to call several times starting in December, and finally three of the four missing flights have been posted. I'll just have to call again for the fourth. I think the HHonors accounting system (e.g., no dates or flight #'s) particularly confusing because the majority of our flights is for the same amount of miles (usually HNL-LAX).

It seems to help if you summarize for the HHonors CS how many flights (by mile number) you took on each route since the inception of the promotion (e.g., 2566x6, 2398x4, etc.).

Good luck.
Old Feb 10, 2000, 1:07 pm

I've seen a number of posts on this topic lately (Mileage plus Nights), and I'm certainly concerned that the process doesn't appear to be working properly. I've already spoken with our customer service and systems teams, and we're investigating why some flights don't appear to be posting correctly, as well as how we can make the customer service process for this promotion easier and more efficient. My apologies for the difficulties some of you have encountered. We'll take the appropriate steps to improve the process, and get this back on track.

Best regards,

Adam Burke
Senior Director, Marketing
Hilton HHonors

[This message has been edited by Adam Burke (edited 02-10-2000).]
Old Feb 11, 2000, 2:01 am
Original Poster

Location: Southern California - UA1K, Delta GM, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold, AA Platinum
Adam,

Great to hear that.. my wife registered for both Hilton and United... and it didnot click over... but they said to wait another 2 weeks.. so we will see...

I still need to find my marriage certificate so I can put her on my one account.. make life easier.

Adam, thanks for being here!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.