Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Honors Points Posting Problems: Points Missing, Delayed or Not Posting

Hilton Honors Points Posting Problems: Points Missing, Delayed or Not Posting

Old Feb 17, 01, 11:40 pm
In Memoriam

My last GI stay (ALB) in late January just posted this week. The good news--I got my triple points and conquest bonus with no problem.
Old Mar 13, 01, 12:42 pm
Suspended

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Silver
I had two recent stays each post within 3 days.
Old Mar 13, 01, 6:23 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum, BA Gold, *A Gold
Four weeks and no posting....

I stayed at the new Hilton Tobago in mid-February. It has been almost five weeks since my first stay, and the points have still not posted.

Given that this is an international property, maybe it's not unusual, or, should I start bugging the Hhonors people?
Old Mar 13, 01, 6:23 pm

I had the exact same problem with Hilton Garden Inns. And I too was wanting to get them in on time so was also a little anxious. My Feb 23 Hampton Inn stay posted right away. The Feb 24 Garden Inn did not. I kept checking and called back yesterday where the rep told me it could take up to 3 weeks to post. I explained that I had a hotel reservation pending and needed to change a day and so on and she entered it for me immediately, asking me how much I had spent, calculating the tax and one minute later, the website showed an increase including my last 20,000 Conquest Points and I got my hotel just in time, thanks Hilton! So, you may like to call since who knows how long it would take otherwise.

[This message has been edited by CozumelJen (edited 03-14-2001).]
Old Mar 13, 01, 6:36 pm
DOC 2 BE

Call HHonors with your folio handy. They may credit you with the points just on your say so. That has happened to me.

Good luck!

Old Mar 13, 01, 9:23 pm

Programs: AA, Hilton, Hyatt
You can log on hhonors online and goto
member services and submit your hotel stay information. They will credit your stay providing it has been more than 15 days since your checkout. Or you can fax the hhonor customer service a copy of your hotel invoice. I haven't been able to just call them and get credit.
Old Mar 14, 01, 8:47 am

Same problem here with 2 stays, Hasbrouck Heights NJ on Feb. 17 and Altamonte Springs FL Hilton on Feb. 21. Emailed them a few days ago with the info but so far no credit.
Old Mar 14, 01, 6:31 pm
Original Member

Same prob here. I checked into the Hilton in Lisle, Il for 2 nights (Sun-Mon) in February, then next day 3 nights in the Garden Inn in St. Charles, IL. Hilton/Lisle posted quickly. Stayed LAST WEEK at a Hilton here in Sacramento, it has already posted...but, still no Garden Inn.

Well, dang, at least I'm not alone.
Old Mar 29, 01, 2:54 pm

Points posting lag time

I was just curious why some hilton/hampton/doubletrees post faster/slower than others. Do the individual properties get charged for the points. If so, is it to the advantage to delay (forget!) to post the points to help cash flow, etc.

If this is the case, maybe we should use this board to list some of the offenders.

Just a thought.....
Old Mar 29, 01, 5:27 pm

Location: Usually on a ship looking for oil and gas; Uruguay, Malaysia, Turkey, Nigeria, Libya, Egypt, Norway, Scotland, India, Congo & Angola, next project who knows? Agreed to CC rules
Programs: AC Altitude E75K/*G, AS MVP, AF/KLM Petroleum Club, BA Blue
Yes I've experienced the same problem. I stayed at 3 different Hilton/Doubletree properties in South Florida at the end of April & Early March. One Doubletree and the Hilton posted within 7-10 days. A Doubletree Suites stay still hasn't posted over a month later. My HHonors number was provided at check-in and clearly shows on the check-out statement. I've even posted the details on HiltonHHonors website's 'missing stays' page with no results a week later

[This message has been edited by mpc1 (edited 03-29-2001).]
Old Mar 29, 01, 9:40 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
There's another thread running here in the last few days that somebody said they can take up to three weeks to post the points from when you fill out the form, which can't be submitted (according to their instructions) until three weeks after chackout, so that gives them six weeks to do it. Some in six weeks, some the next day, go figure.
Old Mar 30, 01, 6:43 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat - 2MM miles
The Hilton in Dusseldorf Germany takes forever to post points and miles. It took about 5 weeks for my HHpoints from a 15 January stay to post and I'm still fighting for the extra 500 AA miles that should post since this was a 'double double dip' stay. The first 500 miles just posted two weeks ago.

I used both the website and the telephone to check for my miles. I was told that they should post within 1 more week.

------------------
I wish I were 1,000 miles away
Old Apr 14, 01, 5:00 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, AS MVPG&AL, others no status
Plat Amex Card Missing 5X Bonus

If you have the Hilton Platinum Amex card, be sure to check your statements to verify that you're getting the 5 HH points for every dollar spent at any of the HH properties. I just got my statement and only got 3 points per dollar for my 2 Doubletree stays this month. For those who don't have the card, the bonus is supposed to be 5 points per dollar spent at HH properties and 3 points per dollar spent elsewhere.

I called Amex and a nice man said he would have the additional points posted for me. He said that their system was supposed to automatically identify HH stays and credit the proper bonus, but that maybe the non-Hilton stays (Doubletree, Embassy Suites, etc.) weren't being picked up somehow.

I did a search and didn't see that this problem had been mentioned before so I thought I'd give a heads up to everyone else. If it HAS been mentioned before, then 10 lashes with a wet noodle for me.
Old Apr 15, 01, 12:14 pm

Westcoaster -- Thanks for the alert about a potential problem, but all my HHonors Platinum AmEx charges at Hilton, Hampton Inn and Doubletree hotels generated 5 HHonors points per $ spent, no problem so far.
Old Apr 15, 01, 2:00 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, AS MVPG&AL, others no status
Eugene: Good to hear that maybe my case is just a glitch. My Hilton stays have come through fine. Just the Doubletree stays were messed up. Weird.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: