Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Points Posting Problems: Points Missing, Delayed or Not Posting" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Points Posting Problems: Points Missing, Delayed or Not Posting" thread

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2007, 12:27 am

Programs: HH, UAL, MR, NWA
I pretty much gave up with HH and Amex.

Anyone know if Amex is confusing with all programs SPG, etc or HH only?

Last edited by Dhunt; May 3, 2007 at 8:03 am
Old May 3, 2007, 10:07 pm

Originally Posted by Dhunt
I pretty much gave up with HH and Amex.

Anyone know if Amex is confusing with all programs SPG, etc or HH only?
SPG just gives 1 point/$ on all transactions - so not an issue - although I will note that I haven't checked on the accuracy of the posting - should I?
Old May 4, 2007, 6:08 pm

Programs: United Gold; HHonors Diamond
I've never had a problem in the 9+ years I've had my card. My points post regularly within a few days of the close of month statement. You can check your statement online to see how many points it earned you, then check your HHONORS online to see if the right number of points were credited.

To get a rough calculation of what it should be, multiply 3 by your dollars spent. Sometimes it is higher than this, but should never be lower.
Old Aug 7, 2007, 12:43 pm

Programs: DL, AA, BA, SPG
Incorrect Points Posting

Back in January, I was credited points for a stay that wasn't mine. Not sure how it happened, but recently it happened again. Strangely enough, when I click on "efolio" it shows a bill in my name with my address. However, I never stayed at either place, never even had a reservation.

Has this happened to anyone else? Ethical issues (whether to keep the points) aside, should I be concerned that there is someone out there impersonating me? I have not noticed any false charges on my credit cards, but I suppose it is possible that someone has applied for cards in my name.
Old Aug 7, 2007, 1:51 pm

Programs: HH Diamond
I have had this happen once, I posted about it on here and was then contacted through PM by someone from Hilton. We communicated about it through email and they wanted to confirm some information (like my social security number, a few credit cards numbers, my mother's maiden name) which I gave to them since they said they were from the Diamond Desk.

Ever since then I seem to be racking up the HH points from all sorts of exotic locations I have never been to...

No seriously, the first part is true. I confirmed my HH# and they confirmed that the front desk agent at the property keyed the incorrect HH#. They apologized about it but I am pretty sure that they left the points in my account.

I think other FTers have also had stays post that they did not make... I don't know how you would search for it but it is in one of these threads.

I think in most cases when they call to make sure everything is on the up and up, the points (or possibly the stay credit) are left in the account.

I would call just to rule out identity theft. If they let you keep the points, yay. If not, oh well... they weren't really yours to begin with.
Old Aug 7, 2007, 2:27 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
I think I'd check my credit card statements for any stays I received points for in this kind of situation, to start. The repetition is what is strange - I could see someone tickling the keys absent-mindedly, but January and then a half year later... hmmm!
Old Nov 10, 2008, 10:28 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond, RCC
Base Ponts posting

Has anyone had any problems or delays with their base points posting from an international stay? I recently stayed at the Seoul Hilton and nothing has posted in over 10 days. And a side note the multiplier is 15X for each dollar spent to base points?
Thanks
Old Nov 10, 2008, 11:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by pkdonnel
Has anyone had any problems or delays with their base points posting from an international stay? I recently stayed at the Seoul Hilton and nothing has posted in over 10 days. And a side note the multiplier is 15X for each dollar spent to base points?
Thanks
Int'l stays often take longer to post - but 10 days seems too long. I'd call to follow up.

I don't understand the second part of your statement. Are you asking if the points will be calculated at 15X the base points? The answer is no - it depends on a variety of factors, including your status w/HHonors.
Old Oct 22, 2009, 11:46 am

Programs: DL Million Miler, Skymiles GM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite
HHonors account dates/points missing

Long story short, I have been a member since July 2004 and have used Hiltons sporatically since then, always presenting my card but not staying enough to worry about a balance or redemptions.

I recently created my online profile and my HHonors number shows a join date of December 2008. Clearly wrong, as I have the card to prove it and I have been using it since 2004.

Furthermore, the online statement shows no activity or points credits prior to the Dec 2008 date, again clearly wrong as I have used it for both personal and business stays since 2004.

Has anyone else had a similar problem, and if so, what is the possible recourse to reconcile the date/point issues?

I have contacted Hilton Customer Service, but I am not hopeful that they will do anything other than say "send your receipts".
Old Oct 22, 2009, 1:34 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by jeff30189
Long story short, I have been a member since July 2004 and have used Hiltons sporatically since then, always presenting my card but not staying enough to worry about a balance or redemptions.

I recently created my online profile and my HHonors number shows a join date of December 2008. Clearly wrong, as I have the card to prove it and I have been using it since 2004.

Furthermore, the online statement shows no activity or points credits prior to the Dec 2008 date, again clearly wrong as I have used it for both personal and business stays since 2004.

Has anyone else had a similar problem, and if so, what is the possible recourse to reconcile the date/point issues?

I have contacted Hilton Customer Service, but I am not hopeful that they will do anything other than say "send your receipts".
Do you have any record of your stays in 2004 to 2008?

Could be that because of inactivity you lost all your points just prior to Dec. 2008 and your activity in 2008 reactivated the account. Your card would still show the earlier date but as far as the computer is concerned you "rejoined" in Dec. 2008.

Just a thought.

Just a guess.
Old Oct 22, 2009, 2:28 pm

Programs: CO-PLT,Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Silver, AA ex Platinum, Avis 1st
Missing Honors points

Just discovered the third time in the last week, I did not get credit on my honors acct for stays. Hilton.com shows the stays on my "Hotel Summarys" page, but not on the "Honors activity" page. Being the third time I caught them at this, asked for a supervisor and was told each property has a "honors manager", that must send this info to the "Honors" desk at Hilton. And that even though it is posted on the "activitity" page, does not mean it automatically goes over to the "honors" page. Asked why couldn't their computer talk to itself and make this automatic, was told they can't do this. So I asked what I could do to not have to constantly review stays and call in for proper credit? She stated that I would have to continue this, if the Honors manager at each location drops the ball. This could be a huge deal for all of us, especially right now with their 25,000 point promo program. Ridiculous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Oct 22, 2009, 6:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Unfortunately this is not a rare occurance, or limited to hotel programs- airline FF schemes suffer as well. You need to watch it.
Old Oct 23, 2009, 3:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
The most normal thing is to send a PDF of your invoice and it is settled within an hour or so. Things do happen. Or are you just perfect?
Old Oct 23, 2009, 5:50 am

Programs: CO-PLT,Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Silver, AA ex Platinum, Avis 1st
Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
The most normal thing is to send a PDF of your invoice and it is settled within an hour or so. Things do happen. Or are you just perfect?
Nope, not perfect. Just confused as to why Hilton requires two reporting actions from their properties to insure their customer gets rightful credit for a stay. Maybe if you only travel 1-2 days a week, you find yourself with extra time to double check things like this.
Old Oct 23, 2009, 6:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
this doesn't always work....i had a number of stays last month that did not post, even though they were showing on my 'stay summary' page....i sent in a copy of my invoice twice & when 2 weeks had passed & there was still no credit, i posted a thread here & andrea (hh representative) offered to help me out....once she got involved the issue was sorted out the same day & i got my points....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.