Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Points Posting Problems: Points Missing, Delayed or Not Posting" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Points Posting Problems: Points Missing, Delayed or Not Posting" thread

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2006, 12:19 pm

Missing Bonus Points on Base Points?

I received a post card from Hilton offering "Earn Double Hilton HHonors Base Points in the Parsippany area." Now since I am earning double base points I would think that I would receive my 50% bonus on all base points and my Diamond VIP 50% bonus on all base points. Not according to the diamond desk. After discussing the situation with a supervisor at the diamond desk I was told that these are "promotional base points" and therefore do not qualify for 50% bonus points. Note that the word "promotional" appears nowhere on the mailing.

I have read the fine print and it is as follows:

"Offer valid now through April 15,2006. "Double Base points" means you will receive a bonus equal to the number of Base points earned during a stay. Bonus points earned on Base points do not count toward VIP qualification. Offer valid for named recipient only and is not transferrable. You must be a Hilton HHonors member to earn HHonors points. Hilton HHonors membership, earning of Points & Miles, and redemption of points are subject to HHonors Terms and Conditions."

Now if I had just stayed one night this would not be a big deal. After staying 10 nights I feel that I am missing 9,360 points.

Am I wrong?
Old May 28, 2006, 12:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
These are pretty clearly indicated in the fine print as double base bonus points - no VIP bonus on bonuses.
Old May 28, 2006, 12:56 pm
cjd

Originally Posted by Last Gate on Concourse Z
"Offer valid now through April 15,2006. "Double Base points" means you will receive a bonus equal to the number of Base points earned during a stay. Bonus points earned on Base points do not count toward VIP qualification. Offer valid for named recipient only and is not transferrable. You must be a Hilton HHonors member to earn HHonors points. Hilton HHonors membership, earning of Points & Miles, and redemption of points are subject to HHonors Terms and Conditions."

Am I wrong?
Sorry to say it but you are wrong. All these double/triple points offers are a bonus on the base points only and you do not get additional VIP bonuses on top of them. You can be offered a double/triple points promotion and also get double points at certain hotels during their individual offers, in effect giving you twice the bonus, but again you would not get the 50% Diamond bonus or 50% bonus instead of miles.
Old Nov 13, 2006, 8:33 am

Programs: SPG Plt, HHonors Gold, UA Gold, PC Plat, Marriott Gold
Missing HH AMEX points

This month i got credited only about 10% of the HH points i should have got with the AMEX. Has this ever happened to someone else? It's never happened to me before, so i was wondering who do i contact - AMEX or HH? thanks!
Old Nov 13, 2006, 8:50 am

Programs: UA AU MM,HH Diamond,Hyatt Globalist , Marriott Gold
Mine just posted this morning at about 10% of what they should be also. I was ready to freak out, but maybe it is just a little glitch they will fix shortly. At least I know I'm not alone.
Old Nov 13, 2006, 6:24 pm

Programs: HH Gold, SPG Gold, NW nothing
Mine is also a little messed up. I only got the 2500 bonus for the new HH Amex on one stay and not the other 3 stays that I used it on. I did get some 250 point bonus for something I do not know about. I figured it out and got 52 points per dollar on the one stay that did post with the 2500 bonus, not bad. I charged 32k on it othe other day to get the bonus for spending over 5k and will be hitting gold this week on stays and spending.
Old Nov 14, 2006, 12:31 pm

I emailed AMEX through my onilne account account page, and a couple of hours - problem fixed! so if you guys are still waiting around, that would be the route to go
Old Nov 14, 2006, 2:24 pm

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, Southwest A-list Preferred, Delta Million Miler
Originally Posted by chrsb
Mine is also a little messed up. I only got the 2500 bonus for the new HH Amex on one stay and not the other 3 stays that I used it on. I did get some 250 point bonus for something I do not know about. I figured it out and got 52 points per dollar on the one stay that did post with the 2500 bonus, not bad. I charged 32k on it othe other day to get the bonus for spending over 5k and will be hitting gold this week on stays and spending.
I just checked my balance and the Amex points were dropped into my account over a 3-4 period. Not sure why they came in 3 phases instead of one lump sum. I hope they are all there.

HHonors® Points & Miles® earned.

Description HHonors Points Miles Earned Paper Stmt Date E-Stmt Date
AMERICAN EXPRESS POINT BONUS 1,693
AMERICAN EXPRESS POINT BONUS 60
AMERICAN EXPRESS POINT BONUS 7,719
Old Nov 14, 2006, 6:15 pm

Programs: AA Life Plat 4mm, Hilton Diamond
I had 5900 points posted for $4100 charged, got the usual this must have been last months points. I said no way, next day an additional 12,500 points posted. Why won't they put the month on our AX postings? I have asked several times the Ax and Diamond desk always agree it is an idea worth a look but nothing happens.
Old Nov 14, 2006, 7:25 pm

turns out amex sends 2 postings - one for regular points and one for bonus points. normally they post together, but this time they didnt.... here's the email i got

Dear freeloader:

Thank you for contacting us via e-mail regarding your Platinum Hilton HHonors Card account.

Our records show that the 1,579 points pertain to the bonus points earned. We are currently waiting for Hilton to confirm receipt of the 8,851 regular points that were sent on 11/12/06 which should occur shortly.

For some reason, the bonus points were posted first. We apologize for any confusion.

I hope this information is helpful to you. If this doesn't answer your question fully, please contact us again.

Sincerely,

Email Servicing Team
American Express Interactive Services
Old Nov 14, 2006, 8:39 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
It would be nice if they were a bit more coordinated, but sometimes bonus points post a month after other points. It makes it difficult to keep track...
Old Jan 22, 2007, 4:57 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Rewards Silver, Hertz President's Circle
Delayed points posting from the past week?

Has anybody else had a delay in seeing HHonors points post for the past week or so? I've only had one stay out of three from last week actually post points. The eFolios from the other two stays are showing up, but no points have posted as of yet. Anybody else running into the same issue?

Thanks!
Old Jan 22, 2007, 5:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
It seems to be a known glitch that on occasion the folio will appear ahead of the points. Should correct itself soon.
Old Jan 22, 2007, 6:25 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
I checked out of a HI Friday morning and the stay and points posted today.
Old Jan 22, 2007, 7:31 pm

Programs: Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Delta Gold, Starwood Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Platinum,
I am missing 2 from last and 1 from the week before.

I called HH and she said a code was missing from the hotel (Myrtle Beach Hilton) and they would need 72 hours to fix. The stay was now 13 days ago and it still has not posted.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.