Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Malaysia {MYS}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Malaysia {MYS}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2016, 11:53 am
cln

Programs: TK E+, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Dusit Gold
Dt melacca is category 1, no executive lounge ( dt jb is top)
None of the three new Hilton properties have an exact opening day yet
Old May 22, 2017, 11:28 pm

Programs: HH Diamond IHG Spire Amb MR PLAT
Ramadan Question Kuala Lumpur

Hi
Im going to be in Kuala Lumpur during Ramadan at the Doubletree and the Hilton Petaling Jaya. Just wondering do they still serve booze in the Executive lounge during cocktail hour in these hotels during Ramadan?

thanks

Last edited by robnc35; May 22, 2017 at 11:56 pm
Old May 23, 2017, 2:04 am

if not i guess i will just pick something up at duty free at the airport. KL alcohol prices are sky high
Old May 23, 2017, 5:40 am

Programs: Mucci du Miel d'Or
Originally Posted by ashkale
Yes, surprised that such a thought has crossed your mind? Malaysia remains a secular state.
Perhaps you're easily surprised. But those that know Malaysia, including possibly the OP, know that it is not quite that straight forward. Islam is the official state religion. The secular state definition is one adopted by the Malaysia's government itself, but many question how that sits with the designation of a state religion.
Old May 23, 2017, 10:16 am

Programs: Mucci du Miel d'Or
quote of snark deleted by Mod

I haven't lived in Malaysia for a few years now, but I'm doubtful that much has changed. But let me know if my account of religion in Malaysia is wrong. It's both helpful and appreciated, if you can clarify what's wrong, rather than just expressing surprise to dismiss others' views.

Malaysia is a great and mostly tolerant country, but I learned that it's not quite as simple as Satu Malaysia. It's more complicated; the jurisdiction of sharia courts over Malays and the preferential treatment given too ethnic Muslim Malays are examples of that complexity.

Last edited by squeakr; May 24, 2017 at 12:53 pm Reason: quote of deleted post
Old May 23, 2017, 9:22 pm

I don't think its poor understanding it was just a simple question.. Here in Thailand we have many days where you cannot buy alcohol in stores or in bars and restaurants (Elections,And many Buddhist holidays)
Old May 24, 2017, 3:52 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by robnc35
I don't think its poor understanding it was just a simple question.. Here in Thailand we have many days where you cannot buy alcohol in stores or in bars and restaurants (Elections,And many Buddhist holidays)
Yep, perfectly reasonable question, IMHO, which deserved a perfectly reasonable answer. But some do like to be obtuse & difficult, don’t they..
Old May 24, 2017, 5:04 am

Yeah i'd say Noy. I just want to have a few drinks after work and wanted to know if they served alcohol if they don't i will just buy my own at the airport thats all..
Old May 25, 2017, 10:42 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Melia Silver, NH silver, H10 Class
They don't serve any pork either in this hotel (I do miss pork bacon in the morning sometimes) so the question of the OP wasn't that funny IMHO...
Still love this hotel very much though, they have always given me excellent Diamond treatment! :-)
Old Jun 13, 2017, 1:27 pm

Malaysia Hiltons and new taxes

Malaysia has introduced a new tax (from 1 July ??) and the rate depends on whether you are staying in a 5-star, 4-star or lower category hotel.

Does anyone know how the Hilton properties in Malaysia are classified? For instance is the Hilton KL (at Sentral) considered 5-star and what about the PJ Hilton?
Old Jun 13, 2017, 11:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
PJ Hilton and Doubletree would be 4 star I think.

The new Garden Inn would be classified as 3.

But the daily tax is low compared to some of their US/European counterparts. So no biggie really.
Old Jun 14, 2017, 5:45 pm

The tiered tax will likely make price comparison via OTA more complicated.
Old Oct 7, 2017, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Tax on award stay in Malaysian properties

Recently book an award stay at Doubletree in Johor Bahru. Malyasia has recently implemented a fee of 10MYR per night for non-residents.

Issue is hotel is trying to charge it. I booked an award stay last month and had same issie there. I was under impression Hilton had told hotel they must cover any taxes/fees when on an award stay. (Not cash and points) Now coming back a month and half later, and having same issue. Apparently the Hilton franchisee in Malyasia doesn't feel it needs to play by this policy.

My confirmation even shows a total of zero being due. However Hilton's Malyasia franchisee has attempted to end run this by placing a message in the section intended for notices about pool/restaurants closings, etc. Notice says were going to charge 10MYR a day. Hilton reservations agrees this is incorrect and an attempt to end run the system. However hotel is insistent.

Is there a Hilton rep on here? I've never needed to escalate something before. Reservations is simply telling me to pay and then contact them afterward to fix (refund). However I'd like it fixed without paying, fixed for future stays, and fixed for everyone who's staying at any of the Malyasian Hilton family hotels.
Old Oct 7, 2017, 8:29 pm

Originally Posted by flyerCO
Is there a Hilton rep on here?
Yes (@HonorsRepresentative), but she only recently returned from her honeymoon.

See https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28812364-post49.html
Old Oct 7, 2017, 10:33 pm
Suspended

Programs: HH-D; MR-P/LTP; SPG-P
And this “big deal” is over a $2.35 tax

Originally Posted by flyerCO
Recently book an award stay at Doubletree in Johor Bahru. Malyasia has recently implemented a fee of 10MYR per night for non-residents.

Issue is hotel is trying to charge it. I booked an award stay last month and had same issie there. I was under impression Hilton had told hotel they must cover any taxes/fees when on an award stay. (Not cash and points) Now coming back a month and half later, and having same issue. Apparently the Hilton franchisee in Malyasia doesn't feel it needs to play by this policy.

My confirmation even shows a total of zero being due. However Hilton's Malyasia franchisee has attempted to end run this by placing a message in the section intended for notices about pool/restaurants closings, etc. Notice says were going to charge 10MYR a day. Hilton reservations agrees this is incorrect and an attempt to end run the system. However hotel is insistent.

Is there a Hilton rep on here? I've never needed to escalate something before. Reservations is simply telling me to pay and then contact them afterward to fix (refund). However I'd like it fixed without paying, fixed for future stays, and fixed for everyone who's staying at any of the Malyasian Hilton family hotels.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.