Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

The Definitive Hilton Honors Status Match Thread

Old Sep 3, 00, 6:30 pm
Original Poster

Location: DFW, 3.5 MM, AA EXP, LIFETIME PLATINUM, MARRIOTT LIFETIME PLATINUM, STARWOOD AMBASSADOR 223 NIGHTS, AND LIFETIME GOLD, HILTON DIAMOND, NATIONAL EXECUTIVE ELITE

I am Starwood PLT and Marriott PLT.

Can anyone give me some advice as to how to get comp'd to Hilton elite tier - also, what tier do you think they will give me - and is Gold the top or is Diamond?

Thanks.
Old Sep 3, 00, 6:39 pm
Original Member

Freeupgrade, Diamond is the top tier at Hilton. I don't think they'll give you a comp to Diamond, but you should have no problem getting a comp Gold card with Hilton..Silver is below that and blue is the bottom, non-elite tier..
Old Sep 4, 00, 4:57 am
Original Poster

Location: DFW, 3.5 MM, AA EXP, LIFETIME PLATINUM, MARRIOTT LIFETIME PLATINUM, STARWOOD AMBASSADOR 223 NIGHTS, AND LIFETIME GOLD, HILTON DIAMOND, NATIONAL EXECUTIVE ELITE
Thanks - who do I call to get this comp?

Also, with Gold status do you get Exec. floor upgrades (i.e. access to lounge).

Thanks.
Old Sep 4, 00, 12:23 pm
Original Member

freeupgrade, I assume you'd call the HHonors service center to ask about the comp..or if you can find Adam Burke's e-mail address on this section, I'd e-mail him..

Until I printed out the page that shows what Gold members are entitled to, (as suggested here) I was not aware that I was entitled to Exec. Floor access if I didn't get upgraded to that floor..It so happens that I stay much more often at Hampton Inns than Hilton since they were added to HHonors, so I only have about 5 Hilton stays in the past year. Was never upgraded on any of them. Was given a club floor key without asking at one of the Atlanta area Hiltons for breakfast the next morning and also at the SW Houston Hilton. At the Phoenix Airport Hilton, I was given a continental breakfast coupon. So I now know why I got what I got, and that the other Hiltons I stayed at screwed me as I was supposed to get club floor access or at least a breakfast coupon..

When I, as a Gold HHonors member, used to ask for upgrades when I checked in (i usually don't get to the hotel until maybe 10 or 11:00PM on a typical trip)...the response usually was too bad, pal, no upgrades left..I've been a gold on & off over the past 10 years; I recall getting an upgrade offered only once..someone at Hilton once added to my file "please upgrade to Towers floor" when I was a gold & it printed out on the reservation confirmations they used to send out. That note usually got a laugh or snicker when the front-desk person saw it at check-in..
Old Oct 2, 00, 2:10 pm

The Definitive Hilton HHonors Status Match Thread

Has anyone done this? What will Hilton Gold get me?

Mac

------------------
Via con Dios!
Old Oct 2, 00, 3:11 pm

Programs: SK EBD, AX Cent, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Club-A Plat, Avis' PC, CC Gold,Hertz PC, CX Diamond,BA Bronz
Hardly likely that they'll comp you. SPG Gold is definetely one tier below Hilton Gold when it comes to amenities etc.; more like HH Silver.

Old Oct 3, 00, 1:49 pm

Well, will they comp me silver? The main part of the question is: do they comp?

I know for a fact that Marriott does not
(and they get an attitude that you even ASKED!)

Mac

------------------
Via con Dios!
Old Oct 4, 00, 1:14 pm
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Programs: UA 1K/MM refugee to cheapest business class fare, SPG Lifetime Plat, CBP Global Entry, #datelife
IME, Hhonors is very generous with status comps. Many would say too generous. Just give it a shot!
Old Oct 4, 00, 8:51 pm
Original Member

Programs: LH SEN/*A Gold, BA Gold/oneworld Emerald, DL SM-MM/SkyTeam Elite, IC Platinum, SPG Gold
macbravery: My guess would be that HH will comp you. My question is, other than convenience, why would you want status on HH if you either have Gold or Platinum status on Starwood?

AusTXHiker- Starwood Preferred Platinum and HHonors Diamond VIP (both status earned)
Old Oct 5, 00, 6:55 pm

I really didn't concentrate my stays until recently, but it seems that from my readings on this board that HHonors and SPG are the best. So far I like SPG, but I thought I'd try Hilton too, since there are so many of them around!

BTW, I just called and they said that they could not comp me. Maybe I'll give it one more shot. Otherwise, I'll probably just forget about staying at Hiltons.

Mac

------------------
Via con Dios!
Old Nov 9, 00, 3:35 pm

Diamond Comp

Does anyone know if Hilton will comp you from Gold to Diamond? I have Platinum in both Marriott and Starwood but have been staying in Hilton a lot lately(about 10 stays in November and December alone).
Old Nov 9, 00, 4:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WorldPerks Demoted again to SE, DL 3.1MM Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally posted by mrnick:
Does anyone know if Hilton will comp you from Gold to Diamond? I have Platinum in both Marriott and Starwood but have been staying in Hilton a lot lately(about 10 stays in November and December alone).
If I remember correctly, Diamond was very hard to get originally....(at that time they didn't even post required number of stays/nights). Once achieved it was/is very easy to maintain.

One of my coworkers was very close last year..1-2 stays--and was not given Diamond. He made it this year.
Old Nov 17, 00, 1:14 am

The answer is yes.

I have a co-worker who is Starwood Gold who wrote a letter to Hhonors when he was going to start working in Las Vegas quite a bit (where there is no Starwood hotel).

He asked for "comped equivalent status" from Hilton and was upgraded to Hhonors gold (even though he had never stayed at Hilton up to that time).
Old Nov 17, 00, 10:57 am

Depends... on which CSR you get!

I got the Starwood Amex a while back and they gave me 1 yr gold status free. So I called HHonors and said "I am a Gold Starwood Preferred Guest, can I be comped?"
The answer was "Yes". Guess I was lucky.. got the nice CSR on the first try.

My advice.. keep trying until you get one who does it for you.

Bean
Old Nov 17, 00, 6:45 pm

Thanks guys, I forgot all about this post. I have been MIA, no FlyerTalk for 2 weeks. I feel like I'm STARVING!!!!!!

But the follow up is that I DID get comped to Gold Status, but it took several calls. After the first guy said no, the second lady said she'd comp Silver. Well the 3rd time's the charm, GOLD!

That staus paid off immediately with a corner room with a mountain view at the DoubleTree Denver Hotel. And this was on an award stay. I like Starwood hotels and the SPG program better, but man, it is hard to get me out of Hilton with all the points and perks they're throwing my way!

Mac

------------------
Via con Dios!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: