Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

The Definitive Hilton Honors Status Match Thread

Old Nov 12, 2020, 12:55 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jeanie
Status match request site: https://hiltonhhonors.hiltonapps.com/

Note new terms as of March 2017 (or a Little earlier - changed validity to 2019):
In June of 2018, the validity was changed to March, 2020

For the next 90 days, get a taste of the elite life with Hilton HHonors.
We'll match your elite status with any other loyalty program.

You'll also have the opportunity to extend your status match through March 31, 2020, when you stay with us over the next 90 days. If you're matched to Gold status, you'll just need to complete 4 stays. If you're matched to Diamond, you'll need 8 stays.
Print Wikipost

Old Feb 12, 2004, 1:50 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors
Original Poster

Programs: some

Posts older than 2020 for this OPEN THREAD can be found in the

ARCHIVE THREAD for The Definitive Hilton Honors Status Match Thread (to 2019)

Links to moved posts should still work.

Kiwi Flyer
Hilton HHonors forum moderator

Last edited by Kiwi Flyer; Jan 5, 2022 at 4:03 pm
Old Oct 11, 2018, 2:01 pm

Day Use x HHD Status match

HHDiamond status match challenge - 8 Stays within 90 days.

Is a Day Use stay a valid "stay" that contributes towards your 8 nights for a status match challenge.
A Day Use booking registers as 1 stay and 1 night on the system.
It is valid for promotions such as double/triple points, Miles and More air miles promotion currently on.
However I've been advised that it wouldn't count towards my challenge.

If a Day Use doesn't count then I wouldn't want to book another Day Use rate as I'll need to 3 more bookings to complete the challenge.
I have 7 stays currently complete for the challenge, 2 of which are Day Use since I was flying in the evening and didn't need the night rate.
Has anyone had history with this? Any advice/comments?

Thanks
Old Oct 12, 2018, 4:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Who advised you that it wouldn't count? Do you believe whoever it was?

In my experience a day use stay works exactly the same as a standard overnight stay EXCEPT when something goes wrong with its posting to your account and Hilton's lazy customer service team decides to invent an excuse rather than solve the problem.
Old Jan 21, 2020, 1:16 pm

No reply from status match request (from IHG spire)

Hello. I applied around 2 weeks ago for the current status match promotion (from IHG Spire Ambassador) and have heard nothing. Anyone else had recent experience with the current status match/challenge offer?
Old Jan 22, 2020, 1:26 am

Programs: IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by FlyingtoFlyAway
Hello. I applied around 2 weeks ago for the current status match promotion (from IHG Spire Ambassador) and have heard nothing. Anyone else had recent experience with the current status match/challenge offer?
I’ve been waiting about two weeks as well.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 1:54 am

Originally Posted by sleuth
I’ve been waiting about two weeks as well.
Thank you, quite helpful to know I'm not the only one. The terms say 5-7 business days so I expected 2 weeks would be a safe maximum... will be missing out on a lot of points in the next few days if my gold status doesn't come through.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 9:19 am

Programs: BA - Bronze , IHG - Spire Ambassador, Hilton - Diamond
Did mine in August and it took about 5 days. I did see a thread the other where someone had tried twice and it turns out Hilton had not been receiving the mails because the picture files they had attached were not JPGs...might be a factor
Old Jan 27, 2020, 1:53 am

Update, still nothing after two emails to customer services. In both cases I was told it is under review and to keep waiting.
Old Jan 27, 2020, 2:41 am

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
Originally Posted by FlyingtoFlyAway
Last year I tried to status challenge IHG Platinum but they never got back to me after weeks of waiting, and never replied any of my emails. I tried twice and gave up then got a challenge granted against Discovery instead.
Old Jan 29, 2020, 5:05 pm

Update: status match finally cleared, so it took 21 days from the original request. I contacted customer service twice and this may have helped. Note to anyone else waiting: I didn't get any email or in-app notification. The status just changed.
Old Aug 7, 2020, 1:47 am

Programs: IHG, CC, HH, AF, AA, UA
Hello,
I've registered for a status match a week ago and quickly received an e-mail asking me to confirm whether I really wanted it considering the circumstances.
As I already had stays planned, I immediately answered that I did, but did not get any feedback after that.
Since my first stay is coming tomorrow, I'm worried that I will not get the Gold benefits as well as the corresponding nights included in my count.
Any way to expedite the process (3 mails + 1 call did not result in any progress yet)?
I've also just tried sending a message to Hilton Honors Ambassador on Flyertalk.
Hope that will work or I may have to change my plans.

Last edited by yann; Aug 7, 2020 at 3:14 am
Old Aug 7, 2020, 2:39 pm

Good news, Hilton Honors Ambassador did it. Thanks a lot !
Old Aug 17, 2020, 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by yann
Good news, Hilton Honors Ambassador did it. Thanks a lot !
I'm having the same issues as you, and no response through email except the initial one asking for confirmation. I tried calling and the representative just said to try emailing again. I've also sent a message to Hilton Honors Ambassador, so hopefully they'll be able to help quickly since I have a reservation for tomorrow.
Old Aug 17, 2020, 6:08 pm

Hello,
That was definitely the most efficient channel.
The Flyertalk representative(s) responded on the same day while it took 9 days after my first e-mail to finally get an answer from the Priority Letter team.
Old Aug 18, 2020, 5:45 pm

Originally Posted by yann
Hello,
That was definitely the most efficient channel.
The Flyertalk representative(s) responded on the same day while it took 9 days after my first e-mail to finally get an answer from the Priority Letter team.
Seems like you've had better luck than me. I haven't gotten a response from either yet, so looks like I'll miss out on several nights towards the challenge.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.