Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2019] The Definitive Hilton Honors Status Match Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2019] The Definitive Hilton Honors Status Match Thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2003, 2:35 pm

Yes they do. Yesterday I was perferred, today I am Platinum. Took 24 hours but I am now Platinum. We can't wait to get out out of the Hilton Wackoloa and into the Westin Maui.
Old Sep 25, 2003, 2:42 pm

Programs: AA/EXP 3MM; UA/1K; HY/DIA; SPG/PLT; Fairmont/Life PLT
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by PaulGQ:
Yes they do. Yesterday I was perferred, today I am Platinum. Took 24 hours but I am now Platinum. We can't wait to get out out of the Hilton Wackoloa and into the Westin Maui.</font>
Platinum??? Is that a new tier?
Old Sep 25, 2003, 6:55 pm

it goes "preferred guest", "gold preferred guest", then "platinum preferred guest".

So I was told and as the web site indicates.
Old Sep 25, 2003, 7:26 pm

Programs: lots
paulgq is talking about how he left HH and went to Westin... Plat is for SPG
Old Oct 5, 2003, 6:11 pm

Does Hilton Comp Hhonors Gold for *wood Gold?

Subject says it all.
Did search, couldn't get a clear or updated answer.
Thanks in advance.
Old Oct 5, 2003, 10:43 pm

Location: Southern California - UA1K, Delta GM, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold, AA Platinum
Here is a "round-about" answer to your question. I know Hilton can and will comp status. I do believe it is "one time" over-ride. I know you can take care of promos many times.

That being said, many hotels will not "COMP" just to comp... Hilton has been getting much more controlled on their comping. If you can give them a good case for you switching.. I am sure they will do it for you.

Good luck...
Old Oct 6, 2003, 3:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Currently in Bloomington, IN, but Normally NYC, CDG, and even POZ or wherever FT takes me.
Programs: Northwest Airlines. MTA pay-per-ride Metrocard; zero-balance Oyster card.
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by LAX 1K:
Here is a "round-about" answer to your question. I know Hilton can and will comp status. I do believe it is "one time" over-ride. I know you can take care of promos many times.</font>
Okay, are there any promos out there for "instant Gold"?

I know some airlines offer instant gold with Starwood, and that Hilton allows a sort of challenge for expedited gold to many airlines' elites. But is there a promotion out there that gives status immediately?

Thanks
Old Oct 6, 2003, 5:08 am

The instant gold with Starwoods isn't so hot through an airline. One is not allowed the bonus points (accompanied by GLD membership) and it only allows the earning of FF miles. Given that Starwoods has less hotels than Hilton and no breakfast (me like breakfast too), I think just staying at an SPG hotel 10 times is rather easy to get GLD for that chain. Yes, their no blackout dates are good, but point earnings with that chain is low, unless there are bonus promos going on.

Naturally HHonors could certainly appreciate their points as well and make every day a Point Stretcher day.

Old Oct 9, 2003, 2:48 pm
Suspended

Please help

I know its the same story as before about the status match, I couldnt find any useful info.

I'm currently a HH silver and a hyatt diamond, will HiltonHH match my status with my hyatt diamond. Eventhou I already has a HH silver, hopefully they would upgrade my status to diamond.

thankyou for your kindness reply
Old Oct 9, 2003, 3:12 pm

Best way it to ask HHonors desk. But give me any good reason why they should upgrade you to diamond.
Old Oct 9, 2003, 3:13 pm
Suspended

thankyou, i'll try
Old Oct 30, 2003, 7:04 am

Programs: UA Global Services, HH Diamond
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by CT-UK:
Try as search on this it has been asked and answered a load of times</font>
I've searched these posts and only found expired/outdated non-archived threads that didn't reveal the answer.

In light of Hyatt's fast-track-to-Diamond promotions (most airline programs invited their elites to get Hyatt Diamond after 4 stays this September - December), is Hilton receptive to comping/upgrading to Diamond status based on Hyatt Diamond Status now?
Old Oct 30, 2003, 9:02 am
In Memoriam

Programs: UA1K MM, HHonors Diamond + many more
I was talking to the Diamond desk yesterday and they will offer this if you have already qualified for Marriot Diamond. You send in your most recent statement and stay 20 nights or 4 stays between now and the end of the year. I think it's called the fast track to Diamond or something like that.

------------------
Cheers Scott
Old Oct 30, 2003, 9:02 am

Programs: AC, AA, SPG, Hilton
I don't think it applies for Hilton.

If you had many nights this year at the Hyatt, you might want to contact Hilton Honors and see what they can do for you. I don't think they will just comp you on the basis that you're a Hyatt Diamond.
Old Oct 30, 2003, 3:00 pm

"I don't think they will just comp you on the basis that you're a Hyatt Diamond."

Yes, they do...if you ask them nicely

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.