Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

The Definitive Hilton Honors Status Match Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 12, 2020, 12:55 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jeanie
Status match request site: https://hiltonhhonors.hiltonapps.com/

Note new terms as of March 2017 (or a Little earlier - changed validity to 2019):
In June of 2018, the validity was changed to March, 2020

For the next 90 days, get a taste of the elite life with Hilton HHonors.
We'll match your elite status with any other loyalty program.

You'll also have the opportunity to extend your status match through March 31, 2020, when you stay with us over the next 90 days. If you're matched to Gold status, you'll just need to complete 4 stays. If you're matched to Diamond, you'll need 8 stays.
Print Wikipost

The Definitive Hilton Honors Status Match Thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2022, 7:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
That sounds like the quintessential YMMV situation.
Old May 15, 2022, 4:13 am

Status match. online page doesn't work

Hi and wondering if someone can assist me.

I'd like to go for the Hilton status match but every time I press enter after I've loaded the requested docs it just says oops and says come back later. I have a 5 day stay coming soon and I'd like that to count towards it but of course it won't unless I'm registered for it. Any suggestions?
Many thanks
Old May 16, 2022, 2:00 am

Programs: SK*G, OW S
Similar problem here. When I try to log in on the status match landing page, I get “Something went wrong, and your request wasn't submitted. Please try again later.” No clue about what may be wrong…
Old May 16, 2022, 6:10 am
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
And that is good for all rest of non-plastic Diamonds
Old May 16, 2022, 8:00 am

Unhappy Trouble getting Hilton status Matching with Marriott Platinum Elite

Hello,
Can anyone share some light on getting a status match with Hilton successfully? I am Marriott Platinum Pro and have submitted different documents FOUR TIMES trying to get status match with Hilton and it keeps getting rejected. I've submitted my membership card, screenshot of account activity, bills from various hotel stays within the last few months... and they keep rejecting my request. What did you submit to get successfully approved? I have a stay coming up next week and would like to have status by then.
Old May 16, 2022, 8:10 am

Programs: AA MM; UA-S; HH-D; Marriott-LTP
Perhaps a silly question but I'll ask anyway, when your request is denied, does the correspondence include a reason as to why or does it simply state that the request has been rejected without explanation?
akirby9 likes this.
Old May 16, 2022, 8:18 am

They do not tell you specifically why it was denied and just restate what you need to submit with a canned response:
Please note we can accept the following:
Proof of Status:
  • A screenshot or photo of your current membership status from your existing loyalty program with your name and status clearly visible.
  • Screenshot of your account summary page from your existing program (from your desktop or mobile) with your name and status clearly visible.
Proof of Stay Activity within the last 12 months:
  • Copy of your most recent account statement from your existing program, showing your name, property and date information relating to your stay.
  • Invoice from the relevant property

When I reply to ask specifically why it was denied, they do not respond

Last edited by Canarsie; May 16, 2022 at 10:04 am Reason: Consolidation.
Old May 17, 2022, 6:45 am
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton

Programs: Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by Lizie

I'd like to go for the Hilton status match but every time I press enter after I've loaded the requested docs it just says oops and says come back later. I have a 5 day stay coming soon and I'd like that to count towards it but of course it won't unless I'm registered for it. Any suggestions?
Many thanks
Originally Posted by Peter1012
Similar problem here. When I try to log in on the status match landing page, I get “Something went wrong, and your request wasn't submitted. Please try again later.” No clue about what may be wrong…
My apologies for any inconvenience, but the web team is aware of some intermittent availability of this web site and they are working towards resolving it.

Best regards,

William
Old May 17, 2022, 6:47 am

Originally Posted by akirby9
They do not tell you specifically why it was denied and just restate what you need to submit with a canned response:
Please note we can accept the following:
Proof of Status:
  • A screenshot or photo of your current membership status from your existing loyalty program with your name and status clearly visible.
  • Screenshot of your account summary page from your existing program (from your desktop or mobile) with your name and status clearly visible.
Proof of Stay Activity within the last 12 months:
  • Copy of your most recent account statement from your existing program, showing your name, property and date information relating to your stay.
  • Invoice from the relevant property

When I reply to ask specifically why it was denied, they do not respond
I'm not sure that I can provide an alternative outcome, but if you send me the following information via private message, I can have one of my Honors colleagues look into it:

Full name
Honors account number
Any case numbers associated with the issue.

Best regards,

William
Old May 17, 2022, 8:52 am

Originally Posted by Hilton Honors Ambassador
My apologies for any inconvenience, but the web team is aware of some intermittent availability of this web site and they are working towards resolving it.

Best regards,

William
Can you please share exactly what documents Marriott Bonvoy members need to share to have status matched? I have submitted requests 4 times with documents ranging from a copy of my Bonvoy card, account summary page with name, and copy of paid hotel bills from the last several months. All requests were denied but they never tell me why they were denied. One time they told me because there was no proof of recent stay. But I submitted a paid hotel bill from a few weeks ago with my name and full account information on it. I am getting really frustrated.
Old May 17, 2022, 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by akirby9
Can you please share exactly what documents Marriott Bonvoy members need to share to have status matched? I have submitted requests 4 times with documents ranging from a copy of my Bonvoy card, account summary page with name, and copy of paid hotel bills from the last several months. All requests were denied but they never tell me why they were denied. One time they told me because there was no proof of recent stay. But I submitted a paid hotel bill from a few weeks ago with my name and full account information on it. I am getting really frustrated.
My apologies for the frustration. The terms are the same for every program we match against.

What are acceptable forms of “proof of status” and “proof of stay”?
Acceptable forms of status validation include a screenshot of your current membership from your existing loyalty program and a screenshot of your account summary page from the same program. We accept jpg files only.
I've gotten the information you've sent me. If I need anything else, I will reach out to get it.

Best regards,

William
Old May 17, 2022, 2:23 pm

Just a quick feedback. I was matched recently prior to my trip and got fast tracked to Diamond as soon as I completed my 13th stay. Very impressed with the speed.
Old May 18, 2022, 6:59 am

Originally Posted by Lizie

Many thanks
Originally Posted by Peter1012
If either of you are still having issues, the web team would like to have the following information so they can look into this further:

Full name
Honors account number
Any case numbers associated with the issue

Best regards,

William
Old May 18, 2022, 7:10 am

Programs: SK*G, OW S
Originally Posted by Hilton Honors Ambassador
If either of you are still having issues, the web team would like to have the following information so they can look into this further:

Full name
Honors account number
Any case numbers associated with the issue

Best regards,

William
I’ve sent you a private message.
Old May 22, 2022, 12:28 am

I was getting the error message originally but seems to be fixed and could log in and upload my evidence this weekend.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.