Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

The Definitive Hilton Honors Status Match Thread

The Definitive Hilton Honors Status Match Thread

Old Feb 21, 14, 1:06 pm

Programs: HH Gold-IHG Plat
Originally Posted by ac921ol View Post
Well just sent an email to [email protected]
sent a 3 screen shots.
Marriot Gold (10 nights this year) (97 total lifetime)
IHG Platinum (0 nights this year)
Hilton Silver (0 nights this year)

asked to get status matched to Diamond or even gold, we have a bunch of stays coming up 30+ for an offsite and conventions we attend/host and we arent happy with out current provider.

lets hope they can upgrade us.
still waiting on my email response. hopefully early next week, and hopefully I get the diamond challenge
Old Feb 22, 14, 7:52 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by ac921ol View Post
Well just sent an email to [email protected]
sent a 3 screen shots.
Marriot Gold (10 nights this year) (97 total lifetime)
IHG Platinum (0 nights this year)
Hilton Silver (0 nights this year)

asked to get status matched to Diamond or even gold, we have a bunch of stays coming up 30+ for an offsite and conventions we attend/host and we arent happy with out current provider.

lets hope they can upgrade us.
You will not be offered a HH Gold/diamond challenge with info you supplied/stated above.
1)HH want to see (unlike IHG) not just scan of member card, or account page showing status
BUT ALSO....
RELATED LAST 12Months stay history, so they can see how many nights you stay in hotels per year and that status is earned not comped.

2)HH requiring previous 12month stay history is also deliberate, and is to also stop you using comped, un-earned hotel elite status as a match to HH elite status. Only earned competitor status is considered.

3)HH will only offer you a challenge to Gold/Diamond if your provided previous 12month stay history with competitors shows you will likely stay enough nights to be able to renew any Status Match through stays in subsequent years.

At best HH will write email back asking for 12month stay, instead of simply rejecting your attempt.

HH desk have no intention of gifting chancers Gold or Platinum status just because person has a limited number of 1-off nights coming up, and thus chancers look for free Gold/Diamond for those few nights, and the person has no intention (or means) to requalify subsequently.
Old Feb 24, 14, 6:45 pm

Originally Posted by scubaccr View Post
You will not be offered a HH Gold/diamond challenge with info you supplied/stated above.
1)HH want to see (unlike IHG) not just scan of member card, or account page showing status
BUT ALSO....
RELATED LAST 12Months stay history, so they can see how many nights you stay in hotels per year and that status is earned not comped.

2)HH requiring previous 12month stay history is also deliberate, and is to also stop you using comped, un-earned hotel elite status as a match to HH elite status. Only earned competitor status is considered.

3)HH will only offer you a challenge to Gold/Diamond if your provided previous 12month stay history with competitors shows you will likely stay enough nights to be able to renew any Status Match through stays in subsequent years.

At best HH will write email back asking for 12month stay, instead of simply rejecting your attempt.

HH desk have no intention of gifting chancers Gold or Platinum status just because person has a limited number of 1-off nights coming up, and thus chancers look for free Gold/Diamond for those few nights, and the person has no intention (or means) to requalify subsequently.
Well they emailed me back after I sent them a PDF about my stays from 2/01/13-2/22/14 (which included 23 stays and over 40 nights.)

They gave me Hilton Gold, and gave me the challenge for Diamond, my only question is, how long does the Hilton Gold status last?

This was part of the email.
If you complete 21 hotel nights between this date and May 26, 2014 you will be upgraded to Diamond Elite status until March 31, 2016. We have added a code to your HHonors account which will track your progress and automatically upgrade you when the challenge has been me

Im thinking that if I can have gold and Marriot Gold, i'll be happy some of the locations I head to do not offer Hilton, so I would still be using Marriot.

Last edited by ac921ol; Feb 24, 14 at 6:56 pm
Old Feb 25, 14, 5:29 pm

Well I called and they said I have gold until March of 2016 which will work for my trip to hawaii and Asia in 2015. I doubt I'll be able to do the status challenge in 90 days but gold seems to be exactly what I'll need since diamond is only executive access no matter what, and 50% bonus from what the lady said
Old May 9, 14, 2:23 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, HH Diamond
how do you guys get your 2013 evidence for IHG?

In my account online all I can see is the last 180 days?

Thanks
Old May 9, 14, 2:28 pm

Originally Posted by Geoggy View Post
how do you guys get your 2013 evidence for IHG?

In my account online all I can see is the last 180 days?

Thanks
I think you mean evidence from IHG of IHG stays . annoyingly HH ask for end of year statement and IHG/Ambassador monthly account emails don't help either.

Your main IHG account summary, first page "Nights Total "will show total Jan2014-May2014 including carry over nights in excess of 50nights stayed in 2013. Screen print this if a nice high total
(Might look strange if total is 130++ though due to credit from2013, as that would be an impossible more nights than in 2014 so far )

1. Take a screen shot around December 29th of main account page as it shows your stay histotr count for the year. (That is tip for Dec 2014)

2. m.ihg.com signin will show all IHG brand stays for last rolling 2year period.
o each stays reservation is listed separately (in date order) and shows checkin/checkout days
o I recommend fre software like CUTEPDF WRITER, you can then print, selecting CUTEPDF (instead of your printer) and create a PDF doc of pages in m.ihg.com. As printing you can select page range on printing 1-nn to just show last 12months or even say Jan2013-DEC2013.
o You can then attach PDF with a text summation that the PDF shows NNN total nights. HH can't tell which nights are paid+qual, award / paid-non-qual fromm.ihg.com either

3. You can use CUTEPDF to create PDF of IHG account summary page to send to HH along with m.ihg.com history

PS
I matched a few years ago, jut sent screenshot of account summary page in July showing 40 nights that year Jan-June. and HH only offered me a GOLD-Challenge (4 stays or 10nights in 90days ..now needs 5 stays).

If you want Diamond Challenge you'll probably need your m.ihg.com 2013 nights stayed to show enough nights to show HH-CS that you can maintain both IHG-RA and HH-D , eg show 120nights or so a year.

If only show 70nights (just enough for IHG RA ) why would HH-CS give us HH-Diamond until 31March2016 for 10nights Hilton nights in 90days around May-June2014, when we can not earn it the next year . so I just greatfully took the HH-G challenge back then , as Golds got upgrades/brekkie/internet/(often lounge too)

Last edited by scubaccr; May 9, 14 at 2:44 pm
Old Oct 17, 14, 2:18 pm

Programs: AA Splat, Marriott LT Ti, Hyatt Explodist, IHG Splat
It's almost November, is there any point in asking for a status match now or waiting until after 1 January 2015?

91 nights SPG and something like 78 nights IHG. I will still stay with SPG as my main chain but I am tired of IHG.
Old Oct 17, 14, 7:25 pm

Originally Posted by born sleepy View Post
It's almost November, is there any point in asking for a status match now or waiting until after 1 January 2015?

91 nights SPG and something like 78 nights IHG. I will still stay with SPG as my main chain but I am tired of IHG.
Definitely do not do in a 4Q as then you just get matched/chalange status till December of challenge year (Dec 2014) ++ next full year which woud be Jan 2015 through March 2016

Maybe wait a bit later. HH reset HH years from 1st April (or is it 1st March, can never remeber). Athough the qual period is jan-dec and if you fail enough nights/stays/points 31st Dec, in January you are not renewed but still keep to March.

If you take Gold/Diamond challenge Feb2015 and complete in April 2015 you'll get status for BOTH of
a)rest of year to Dec 2015 (in effect March 2016)
PLUS
b)Next Full Year which is in effect Jan2016-Dec2016 with usual carry over to March 2017. (if not re-earned)
Old Oct 21, 14, 2:03 pm

Programs: UA Aluminum 0.6MM, Bonvoy Life Sentence
I'm shocked at the way this turned out....

Lifetime Marriott/RC Platinum...over 100 nights this year, about 250,000 base MR points earned from hotel stays in the last 12 months.

Requested match to Diamond status, was offered a 21 night challenge to be completed in the next 90 days.

I followed up asking for Gold status in the interim while completing the Diamond challenge. They denied my request, so I asked them to remove the Diamond challegne from my account. I'm not going from Platinum at Marriott/RC to dirt at Hilton for the next 21 nights.

I'm really shocked that based on my stay patterns and level of spend that they would be so punitive about providing Gold status while pursuing the Diamond challenge. Afterall, they give Gold status to anyone with a pulse and a $95 a year AMEX card.

The ironic thing is that I have an Amex Platinum card and could have gotten Gold for free this year had I bothered to call in last year...LOL -- oh well, whatever....I'll spend my $$ at a hotel chain that actually wants it.

Nice job of alienating a HV customer Hilton!
Old Jan 13, 15, 9:57 am

Originally Posted by scubaccr View Post
Definitely do not do in a 4Q as then you just get matched/chalange status till December of challenge year (Dec 2014) ++ next full year which woud be Jan 2015 through March 2016

Maybe wait a bit later. HH reset HH years from 1st April (or is it 1st March, can never remeber). Athough the qual period is jan-dec and if you fail enough nights/stays/points 31st Dec, in January you are not renewed but still keep to March.

If you take Gold/Diamond challenge Feb2015 and complete in April 2015 you'll get status for BOTH of
a)rest of year to Dec 2015 (in effect March 2016)
PLUS
b)Next Full Year which is in effect Jan2016-Dec2016 with usual carry over to March 2017. (if not re-earned)
I like the idea of having a 2015-end 2016 Platinum match by requesting a status match on the right date.

If I asked for this now, would I get the same deal or do I need to wait until 1st Feb 15 and then I guess I have to wait until 1st April to complete the full 21 nights or can I complete before?

Thanks
Old Jan 13, 15, 5:21 pm

I hope Hilton grants me GO with DM challenge. I try to tell them I am not just a "room booker", but when I stay at a hotel I generally am too lazy to do anything elsewhere (besides business) and only spent within the hotel like room services or dining at hotel restaurants. I really hope Hilton takes what I say seriously, even if I only stay a weekend on $150 per night rooms I easily spend $1000 when I check out. Trying to highlight that with the starpoints I get per stay showing how big a spender I am.

Do you think Hilton will take this into considerations, or do they only look at stays and nights? Then it's not much as I only generate 50-60 nights a year based on business trips and family trips.
Old Jan 14, 15, 6:44 am

I am SPG Plat earned (not comp) and I am not happy with SPG and wants to take my business to Hilton. Email them my annual stays, and I wanted to highlight to the fact that I spend money at hotel and not just room charges. I thought these are enough to warrant at least a GO comp with 21/90 challenge.

But no, got an email back that they only give me 21/90 challenge. This is really short-sighted in my opinion. I know Hilton probably gets tons of status match requests and they want to weed out real spenders that are jumping over vs. some people just having it for fun or the occasional stays. However, I am definitely not one of them and I am very dead serious about finding a chain that values me right away.

Anyway, Hilton won't missed one person but I wonder how many people they missed by being this stingy.....
Old Dec 28, 15, 8:05 am

status match requirement ?

Hi, what does hilton status match require to you to send in ? Do you need to send in your membership # and # of points you have for the matching hotel program ? Or just a picture of your name and status ?

Last edited by agb1a; Dec 28, 15 at 9:24 am
Old Dec 28, 15, 8:37 am

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
https://hhonormystatus.hiltonapps.com/
Old Dec 28, 15, 8:45 am

it says attach picture.. what should the picture contain for matching hotel program ? Do you need to send in your membership # and # of points ? Or just a picture of your name and status ?

Last edited by agb1a; Dec 28, 15 at 9:24 am

Search this Thread
Search Engine: