Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

The Definitive Hilton Honors Status Match Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 12, 2020, 12:55 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jeanie
Status match request site: https://hiltonhhonors.hiltonapps.com/

Note new terms as of March 2017 (or a Little earlier - changed validity to 2019):
In June of 2018, the validity was changed to March, 2020

For the next 90 days, get a taste of the elite life with Hilton HHonors.
We'll match your elite status with any other loyalty program.

You'll also have the opportunity to extend your status match through March 31, 2020, when you stay with us over the next 90 days. If you're matched to Gold status, you'll just need to complete 4 stays. If you're matched to Diamond, you'll need 8 stays.
Print Wikipost

The Definitive Hilton Honors Status Match Thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2021, 9:35 am

Programs: A3 *G, AA Exec Plat Pro, Accor Silver, IHG Plat, HH Diamond, PP
And denied again :/ This time I sent an accor account screenshot + photo of paper invoice, I am running out of ideas what to send...
Thank you for your response. We appreciate you taking the time to contact us.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.

Please note, your request for status match was not approved as the document was ineligible. Hence, I would request you to re-submit your request here https://statusmatch.hiltonHonors.com/ with the eligible and clear scanned copy of the documents and allow a time frame of 5-7 day to process your status match claim and provide you the status.

Further, we have highlighted your concern to our higher level team so that they may review your request and help you with the best possible resolution.

We appreciate your loyalty towards Hilton.
As always, thanks for traveling with us and please let us know if you have any other questions. You can reach us any time at [email protected].
Happy travels,
Old Feb 24, 2021, 10:30 am

Programs: Cathay Silver, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
I just want to offer an update - after one month of back and fourth email with Hilton - all I'm getting was "denied", "invalid document" and now "suspicious". They didn't tell me this pro-actively, but rather I had to keep emailing every week asking for updates.
I have sent all my receipts and screenshot, the same ones that I have sent to Marriott which accepted but rejected by Hilton without specific reason or recommendations. I don't even know what's missing anymore.

Anyways, It has been a horrible and time-consuming experience and I will not proceed any further with Hilton status match. I am very happy with Marriott Bonvoy Platinum and Hyatt Globalist this year and will be staying at those brands.

Also in Hong Kong where I am based at, there's only Conrad (With lounges) compared to many other 5-star hotels with Marriott and Hyatt in the city, so there's not much value for me.

I hope that everyone else can have a much smoother experience than myself.

Thank you for your reply. We appreciate you taking the time to contact us.

Please accept my sincerest apology for the inconvenience this may caused to you, I can understand you frustration. We honor our guests and we really want you to the our Honors member. However, I have checked in my system and I highly regret to inform you this that your status match request is still denied as suspicious.

Further, I would like to inform you that there is one alternative option. If you have an American Express Credit Card then you can link your AmEx card with your Honors account, and you can have the benefits and get the tier upgrade faster. To know more about the AmEx benefits you can contact to the Hilton Honors American Express Card Customer Service on 800-297-1000.

We really appreciate your loyalty towards Hilton.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2021, 4:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Are you supposed to get a mail after approval? I've received nothing, but logged into my account today and found that I've been upgraded to Gold. I have no idea on what day it is set to expire.
Old Apr 23, 2021, 10:02 am

Programs: UA MM, AS MVPG75K, Marriott Lifetime Gold
I've submitted a screenshot of a recent stay plus my Marriott card, I was denied. Not sure what else they need?

Is the denial because my card only says my first name and not my last name as well? Only place I've seen with first and last on my Marriott card is if I add to apple wallet and flip to the backside of the card, giving that a try!
Old May 5, 2021, 7:37 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, UA LT Ag, Marriott LT Ti, Hyatt Glob, Avis PC, Busted-Knuckles Club Grand Poobah.
Originally Posted by HannsenBos3
Hilton has offered matches to its Gold and Diamond tiers for years with varying terms, now halving the number of nights to complete it in 2021.
Hilton to match Gold status upfront for 90 days,
during which the member can retain it or advance to Diamond
through March 31, 2023,
by consuming 5 (keep GOLD) or 9 nights (upgrade to DIAMOND)

This program does not valid for members who already Gold or Diamond to maintain status
Submitted Marriott credentials two weeks ago but no response so far. Does this usually take a long time?
Old May 5, 2021, 7:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Check your spam folder, as always.
Old May 5, 2021, 8:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA LT Ag, Marriott LT Ti, Hyatt Glob, Avis PC, Busted-Knuckles Club Grand Poobah.
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
Check your spam folder, as always.
There's a great investment opportunity from Mrs Susan Ahmed of the Batuhan Ahmed Oil and Gas Company offering to let me manage a 47 billion asset fund*, something about my 1991 Volvo's warranty, and apparently I am a really hot item for Ukrainian and Russian women, but nothing from HHonors.

*not making this up.
pencereamelesi and hhdl like this.
Old May 6, 2021, 8:33 pm

Programs: Flying Blue, Hilton Honors, Amtrak Guest Rewards
Originally Posted by born sleepy
There's a great investment opportunity from Mrs Susan Ahmed of the Batuhan Ahmed Oil and Gas Company offering to let me manage a 47 billion asset fund*, something about my 1991 Volvo's warranty, and apparently I am a really hot item for Ukrainian and Russian women, but nothing from HHonors.

*not making this up.
Last time I was in KBP, the women couldn't stop saying how much they lusted after a guy who manages a fund with 47 billion in assets, are prudent enough to extend the warranty on a 30-yo Volvo, and have Hilton Diamond.
Old May 9, 2021, 12:38 am

Programs: Marriott TITANIUM, BWR Dia, IHG, Millemiglia Alitalia
Originally Posted by HannsenBos3
Hilton has offered matches to its Gold and Diamond tiers for years with varying terms, now halving the number of nights to complete it in 2021.
Hilton to match Gold status upfront for 90 days,
during which the member can retain it or advance to Diamond
through March 31, 2023,
by consuming 5 (keep GOLD) or 9 nights (upgrade to DIAMOND)

This program does not valid for members who already Gold or Diamond to maintain status
Is that still running?
Old May 9, 2021, 2:56 pm

Programs: $9 Fare Club
Anyone US based should just get the Aspire CC.
DC9 likes this.
Old May 26, 2021, 6:36 pm

Originally Posted by GoldenItalianBoy
Is that still running?
Beats me, but I got my match OK'd about two weeks ago. Just booked nine work travel nights at two MSP-area Hiltons to get diamond. We'll see if it's worth keeping that.
Old Jun 3, 2021, 12:33 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Platinum
How much is Diamond worth over gold? I recently did the match to gold and stayed 8 nights. We have no more travel planned at this time. It is worth doing a mattress run to pickup diamond?
Old Jun 3, 2021, 12:54 pm

Location: Manhattan, Palm Beach Island, San Francisco, Boston, & Hong Kong
Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by secamp32
How much is Diamond worth over gold? I recently did the match to gold and stayed 8 nights. We have no more travel planned at this time. It is worth doing a mattress run to pickup diamond?
Mattress running Diamond never makes sense if you are someone that is eligible for US credit cards. The Hilton Aspire pays you to be Hilton Diamond.
SPN Lifer and DC9 like this.
Old Jun 9, 2021, 12:40 pm

Do you need to wait for a confirmation email before booking stays? It looks like my Hilton account has been matched to Gold, but I have not received any kind of a "ready set go" initiation email just yet. We are planning a 7 night stay from Saturday so just wanted to make sure those nights would count before booking.

Thanks
Old Jun 11, 2021, 9:42 am

Programs: Marriott (Titanium); National (Exec); Hilton (Gold)
Award stays don't count towards the status match, right?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.