Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

The Definitive Hilton Honors Status Match Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 12, 2020, 12:55 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jeanie
Status match request site: https://hiltonhhonors.hiltonapps.com/

Note new terms as of March 2017 (or a Little earlier - changed validity to 2019):
In June of 2018, the validity was changed to March, 2020

For the next 90 days, get a taste of the elite life with Hilton HHonors.
We'll match your elite status with any other loyalty program.

You'll also have the opportunity to extend your status match through March 31, 2020, when you stay with us over the next 90 days. If you're matched to Gold status, you'll just need to complete 4 stays. If you're matched to Diamond, you'll need 8 stays.
Print Wikipost

The Definitive Hilton Honors Status Match Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2021, 2:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by XMS91
Award stays don't count towards the status match, right?
No, but YMMV...

https://www.hilton.com/en/p/hilton-h...tus-match/faq/
DC9 likes this.
Old Jun 28, 2021, 5:07 am
HB7

Programs: BA Exec Club, SIA KrisFlyer, Qantas FF, Emirates Skywards
Hilton Honors Status Match & Challenge

Hi All,

I applied for the Hilton Status match challenge a week ago (I'm Marriot Gold) that lets you maintain gold for 5 nights and achieve diamond with 9 nights in 90 days. To my delight on Sunday, I saw that my status got pushed to Gold. However, on my app and when I log on online from a PC, it still shows me needing 20 nights to earn Gold, 30 nights to earn Diamond.

I did contact Hilton Honors through chat and the guy said it's showing him that I only need to stay 5 nights to retain gold, but when I asked him about diamond, first he said I need to apply for diamond fast-track, so I showed him the link I applied through. He then said I wasn't eligible and said he doesn't know why and I need to call HH.

Does anyone know what is happening? Will my app show the correct amount of nights/stays for the status challenge soon or is there something else happening?
Old Jun 28, 2021, 10:50 am
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton

Programs: Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by HB7
Hi All,

I applied for the Hilton Status match challenge a week ago (I'm Marriot Gold) that lets you maintain gold for 5 nights and achieve diamond with 9 nights in 90 days. To my delight on Sunday, I saw that my status got pushed to Gold. However, on my app and when I log on online from a PC, it still shows me needing 20 nights to earn Gold, 30 nights to earn Diamond.

I did contact Hilton Honors through chat and the guy said it's showing him that I only need to stay 5 nights to retain gold, but when I asked him about diamond, first he said I need to apply for diamond fast-track, so I showed him the link I applied through. He then said I wasn't eligible and said he doesn't know why and I need to call HH.

Does anyone know what is happening? Will my app show the correct amount of nights/stays for the status challenge soon or is there something else happening?
​​​HB7 ,

We want to look into this for you. Please send us a DM with your name and Hilton Honors number so we can assist.

Thanks
MatJarosz likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2021, 7:03 am
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
Hi, I am trying to understand how this challenge works which is why I am using this recent thread.

I am Accor Plat and Hilton Gold, I thought I could use the challenge for my Accor Plat and do the diamond challenge of 9 nights in next 90 days.

My challenge was rejected because I am already Hilton Gold. I must have completely misunderstood how this works because I thought they would offer me the Diamond challenge given my current gold status.

How does one get the Diamond challenge then?
Old Aug 19, 2021, 4:52 am
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
Well, got an answer from a rep, that answers that

I am sorry to inform you that Hilton has temporarily stopped all the fast track promotion to Diamond tier.
Old Sep 18, 2021, 1:18 am

Programs: Bonvoy Amb, Hilton Diamond
Is anyone able to access the form? The URLs I'm finding here and on blogs are all broken.
Old Sep 18, 2021, 5:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
https://www.hiltonhonors.com/en_US/s...match/landing/
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Sep 20, 2021, 9:29 am

Any time I upload a file it just goes to:

Oops! We've encountered a problem.

Our online registration isn't working at the moment.
Please check back later or contact
Hilton Customer Support for assistance.
Old Sep 20, 2021, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Sohan
Any time I upload a file it just goes to:

Oops! We've encountered a problem.

Our online registration isn't working at the moment.
Please check back later or contact
Hilton Customer Support for assistance.
Well, it is actually the worst possible time to be starting a status challenge.

I would either do 15 one-night stays to get Diamond the normal way. (and save the status match for the future) Or register later in the year so that you can complete the challenge in early 2022, in all likelihood meaning your Diamond status would run until March 2024. (notwithstanding what the T&Cs say, AFAIK Hilton IT isn't set up any other way but to give you the rest of the year and all of the next)
Old Nov 24, 2021, 7:41 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by bmvaughn
I've submitted a screenshot of a recent stay plus my Marriott card, I was denied. Not sure what else they need?

Is the denial because my card only says my first name and not my last name as well? Only place I've seen with first and last on my Marriott card is if I add to apple wallet and flip to the backside of the card, giving that a try!
Did you end up having any success with this? I also just got denied and think it was because of the Marriott first name issue. (This obsession that businesses have with addressing customers exclusively by their first names is also a bit presumptuous if you ask me)
Old Dec 19, 2021, 10:55 am

Programs: UA MM, AS MVPG75K, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by augmon
Did you end up having any success with this? I also just got denied and think it was because of the Marriott first name issue. (This obsession that businesses have with addressing customers exclusively by their first names is also a bit presumptuous if you ask me)
Nope, never got a match. Told them that I'll stick with Marriott for now. Lifetime gold, a few nights away from nighttime platinum, seems like they lost a good opportunity to earn my business
Old Feb 21, 2022, 1:25 pm

All, anyone has recent experiences with status match? Looking to apply and need to make sure my stays are aligned for the 90 days. Thanks very much.
Old Feb 21, 2022, 8:43 pm

I had silver status from my card or something so they didn't let me do the challenge. I just made a new account and within 2 days I was gold and 9 days later after my 9 night stay finished Diamond.

Tried 3 times to merge the two accounts with 0 luck or contact from Hilton.
Old Mar 18, 2022, 2:03 pm

Just a quick bump.

Anyone matched status lately? Submitted my info a couple of weeks ago. Reached out to email, customer service. Nothing. Not a peep. Have a stay coming up in a week. Any suggestions/feedback?

Update: just got matched after exactly 15 days since submission. So plan your first trip accordingly.

Last edited by sof_lance; Mar 23, 2022 at 3:43 pm
Old Mar 23, 2022, 2:45 pm

Programs: Ex-Bonvoyed, Hyatt, Hilton, BR, AC, AA
Regarding the status match, assuming I have a 12 night stay starting on April 7th until the 19th, and lets say the status match gets approved on the 11th, which of the following would apply?

1. The entire 12 days count because checkout occurs after the status match was approved
2. Only the partial nights from 11th-19th (8 nights) count because those nights occurred after the status match was approved
3. None of the nights apply, because check-in occurred before status match approval

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.