Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

The Definitive Hilton Honors Status Match Thread

Old Nov 12, 2020, 12:55 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jeanie
Status match request site: https://hiltonhhonors.hiltonapps.com/

Note new terms as of March 2017 (or a Little earlier - changed validity to 2019):
In June of 2018, the validity was changed to March, 2020

For the next 90 days, get a taste of the elite life with Hilton HHonors.
We'll match your elite status with any other loyalty program.

You'll also have the opportunity to extend your status match through March 31, 2020, when you stay with us over the next 90 days. If you're matched to Gold status, you'll just need to complete 4 stays. If you're matched to Diamond, you'll need 8 stays.
Print Wikipost

The Definitive Hilton Honors Status Match Thread

Old Aug 19, 2020, 5:29 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors, Practical Travel Safety Issues & San Francisco

Programs: UA, Hilton, Priceline, AirBnB
You messaged HH Ambassador?

Originally Posted by a2264
Seems like you've had better luck than me. I haven't gotten a response from either yet, so looks like I'll miss out on several nights towards the challenge.
Keep in mind folks are working from home and there could be delays. I hope you hear soon.
Old Aug 19, 2020, 6:28 pm

I just got a response from Hilton Honors Ambassador earlier today, saying they've reached out to Guest Relations. A couple hours later, I got an email from Hilton Comments stating that my status match has been applied. Just so everyone has an idea of how long this may take, here's my timeline:

August 6 - applied for status match
August 11- received email asking for confirmation, and replied with my approval
August 16 - sent message to Ambassador
August 17 - called Hilton (may be pointless, since it seems these representatives won't have records of the emails or status match request)
August 19 - received response from Ambassador and an email stating status match applied.

So definitely request your status a couple weeks in advance in case there are delays. Contacting the Hilton Honors Ambassador seemed to help, but it would be nice to get a timely response through the standard channels.

Anyway, anyone know if your status match is applied during the middle of a stay, how that will be applied to the requirements for extending your status?
Old Oct 12, 2020, 11:52 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Titanium
Status Match/Challenge Response?

I’m a Bonvoy Titanium and submitted a status match/challenge request a week ago. I haven’t heard anything since, and my Honors account still shows me as Silver (based on a credit card).

I believe the form said I’d head back in 5-7 days. Has anyone submitted a request recently? How long did it take to get a response?
Old Oct 15, 2020, 11:59 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, SQ Gold, Qatar Platinum
Originally Posted by CalAlumnus13
I’m a Bonvoy Titanium and submitted a status match/challenge request a week ago. I haven’t heard anything since, and my Honors account still shows me as Silver (based on a credit card).

I believe the form said I’d head back in 5-7 days. Has anyone submitted a request recently? How long did it take to get a response?
I​ submitted mine last month and heard back result in 2 days (rejected due to already having status). A friend submitted on Oct 10 and he is still waiting. I am wondering the same thing how long this usually take.

Update: Got Hilton Gold today from Accor Diamond match.

Last edited by Juntima; Oct 16, 2020 at 4:58 am
Old Nov 5, 2020, 4:13 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
Status match question

Sorry if there is a more appropriate place for this, mods please feel free to move if there is.

I started my Hilton Honours status match in September and was given Gold until 11 December. Unfortunately now given the UK lockdown I will be unable to complete the nights that I need to maintain the gold status. I have had to cancel/had cancelled enough nights that would have reached me to the target.

Do you think Hilton will look into doing something about this? Or might my status match somehow magically hold as a result of the status extensions?
Old Nov 5, 2020, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
You are probably out of luck, but there's no harm in calling Honors to ask...
Old Nov 5, 2020, 11:07 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
How many nights do you already have this year? If leisure stays are no longer prohibited in December you can get gold from scratch with 10 nights.
Old Nov 6, 2020, 3:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by :D!
How many nights do you already have this year? If leisure stays are no longer prohibited in December you can get gold from scratch with 10 nights.
Or 15 1-night stays in 2021 for Diamond...
:D! likes this.
Old Nov 6, 2020, 3:57 am
DC9

Programs: QF Platinum, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by wilsnunn

... I started my Hilton Honours status match in September and was given Gold until 11 December. Unfortunately now given the UK lockdown I will be unable to complete the nights that I need to maintain the gold status. I have had to cancel/had cancelled enough nights that would have reached me to the target.

Do you think Hilton will look into doing something about this? ....
I see this sort of offer doing the rounds:

https://www.hiltonhonors.com/en_US/mvp-ftgold/landing/
Old Nov 6, 2020, 5:08 am

Programs: BA Gold, TP Gold, VS Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum
How many nights have you accumulated so far? Given that any double night bonuses count toward status, will roll over into next year, and the regular thresholds for qualifying have halved for 2021 you might not be far off attaining/retaining Gold via the ‘normal’ route in 2021 anyway.

Data point - I started a Gold challenge in February which obviously got curtailed due to a Covid-related closures and cancellations in April/May and like you would have had sufficient nights to extend Gold through the rest of the year had I been able to travel. I emailed them and was told that due to the exceptional circumstances they would look to granting an ex-gratis exemption to the “one time only” challenge rule and to contact them again later in the year to restart the challenge clock. This I did, like you, in September and due to the double nights promotion I was able to rack up enough nights in September and October to meet the target for retaining Gold.

A couple of interesting quirks with my experience which may or may not be representative of the ‘norm’. Having gone into the original Challenge as a mere Blue when the 90 day window closed with me unable to accumulate the 10 nights I was soft-landed from Gold to Silver (unexpected).
Secondly when I emailed Hilton to attempt the challenge a second time they said that because I’d already been temporarily promoted to Gold during the earlier challenge limitations with their IT wouldn’t allow for temporarily promoting me again and I would have to undertake the second challenge as Silver with none of the Gold benefits, contacting them again after I had accumulated enough nights to get them to manually set the final status for 2020/21.
Thirdly, despite emailing them after only accumulating 10 nights under the second challenge to get Gold they wrote back that I had qualified for Diamond and promoted me accordingly so I don’t know if they were being generous, also including the nights earned from the earlier challenge in March, or simply made an error! Thus far (4 weeks) it’s stuck, but even if they do audit my account and drop me down to Gold I’m sitting on 22 nights which will roll over into 2021 towards a reduced target of 30 nights next year to keep Diamond until the end of March 2023, so I’ve been fairly fortunate.

TL;DR - Assuming the OP completed at least some stays this year, a combination of rollovers, double-night promotions and lower qualification requirements for 2021 should help set them up to get Gold relatively easily next year even if Hilton doesn’t allow a second bite at the challenge cherry.
Old Nov 6, 2020, 5:15 am

Programs: BA Gold, TP Gold, VS Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by DC9
I see this sort of offer doing the rounds:

https://www.hiltonhonors.com/en_US/mvp-ftgold/landing/
Specific Ts and Cs apply to the MVP Fast Track offer:

For Gold status, member must be an athletic administrator, athlete, or affiliated with a sports entity, sports related company, sports group or event and must complete four qualifying stays within 90 days of registration or enrollment.
Old Nov 6, 2020, 5:43 am
DC9

Programs: QF Platinum, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by southlondonphil

USGA membership is easy.
Old Nov 6, 2020, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by southlondonphil

Have done MVP more than once, with no proof of anything required.
DC9 likes this.
Old Nov 12, 2020, 10:36 am

Not sure if anybody knows the answer to this, however for status match, it seems that reward nights do not count - i.e. it needs to be paid nights only that are eligible under the fast track challenge. Is that right?

But, what if you upgrade your reward stay with a room upgrade that you pay for, and hence you are technically paying for each night (albeit a lesser amount) - eg this is possible at Waldorf and Conrad Maldives for example.

Any expert hilton honors knowledge would be appreciated!
Old Nov 12, 2020, 11:06 am

Programs: UA, AC, Delta Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by OzUK
Not sure if anybody knows the answer to this, however for status match, it seems that reward nights do not count - i.e. it needs to be paid nights only that are eligible under the fast track challenge. Is that right?

But, what if you upgrade your reward stay with a room upgrade that you pay for, and hence you are technically paying for each night (albeit a lesser amount) - eg this is possible at Waldorf and Conrad Maldives for example.

Any expert hilton honors knowledge would be appreciated!
I'm not an expert in HHonors. However, I can speak from personal experience - when I last did the challenge (within the last year), I used reward nights and it was fine for obtaining status. Having said that, you should still check with Hilton and confirm.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.