Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

The Definitive “No-Show” Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2000, 10:15 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle

I was booked into the Hilton Millenium near WTC in NY. After a gruelling nonstop flight from Singapore to JFK, I somehow thought I had reserved a room at the Hilton Times Square. I hop into a taxi and ride into town.

The check-in at the Times Square could not find my reservation... (obviously), so after I retrieved the reservation # from my laptop (I had reserved online), they say... "your reservation is for the Millenium, duuuhh..."

Needless to say I was ....

But, they where very nice and got me a room at their hotel. I asked about the no-show charges at their sister property, but I was assured that they would take care of this.

Just got my credit card statement.... I was debited the one night penalty....

Sent a fax with statement copy and explanation to the Millenium (3 weeks ago). Does anybody know how long this takes....???

In any case, whats the fine print on this? I mean, regardless of the pure legal issue, I was assured by a sister property that since I had still checked into a Hilton, I would not be charged a no-show. I was assured that the other hotel was going to be informed. I guess I have a case here, or....??

Gaucho 100K

[This message has been edited by Gaucho100K (edited 08-31-2000).]
Old Sep 1, 2000, 2:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I feel pretty certain that they'll just take care of it for you. I don't think you have to worry about legalities at this point.

For some reason charges to my charge cards are as fast as the speed of light. But credits to the same card seem to take longer. On a Hilton overcharge I once had, they told me it would take 10 days to credit my card. And that was about right.

Your case is a little different however and it may take a bit more time for communications between the hotels. But after 3 weeks? I'd say fax it to 'em again and ask for an update.

Hope that helps.

[This message has been edited by PremEx (edited 09-01-2000).]
Old Sep 1, 2000, 6:08 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Debits = email
Credits = snail mail

LOL.....

Youre right, I will fax them again.
Old Jan 22, 2001, 8:39 pm

Programs: Many
no-show "stay" credit

A few weeks ago, I reserved one night at a very cheap rate at a Hampton Inn. It defintely was a rate that I should get stay credit for. Never had a problem
getting credit for no-show "stays", when
I needed one to get to the next level,
or for whatever reason. The stay hasnt
shown up yet, and my credit card has been
charged. I even have a copy of the hotel
bill they sent me in the mail. Should I
request missing stay credit with HHonors, or is it normal for Hampton Inn to take longer
(its been 4 weeks) to post to Hhonors?
Old Jan 23, 2001, 7:57 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Gold
It wouldn't hurt to request the credit now. Four weeks is a long time for that not to credit.
Old Jan 23, 2001, 8:54 am

Programs: CX GR; AA Life GLD, EXP; SPG Life GLD, PLT
I agree.
My stay on 26Dec and 6-8Jan not shown up and phoned the CS. She said it is strange and put them all mannually.
Old Feb 3, 2001, 12:53 pm

no show credit???

I need names of Hiltons with cheap rates that people have personally received stay credit for " no shows" .I receive credit for no shows at Laughlin Flamingo, but no such luck at Reno Hilton. I need to do a "stay run" from home
Old Feb 3, 2001, 12:55 pm

no show credit???

I need names of Hiltons with cheap rates that people have personally received stay credit for " no shows" .I receive credit for no shows at Laughlin Flamingo, but no such luck at Reno Hilton. I need to do a "stay run" from home
Old Feb 5, 2001, 10:41 am
Suspended

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Silver
Anyone have any ideas?
Old Feb 5, 2001, 1:44 pm

Originally posted by writetorich:

Hmmm this is different. How did you pull off the Laughlin Flamingo one? Reserve the room and never show up and they credit you??? Are they on something?!?

But would aslo be interested to learn the trick!

------------------
Al

[This message has been edited by afang (edited 02-05-2001).]
Old Feb 28, 2001, 9:03 pm
Suspended

No show charges?

Thanks to Fast Track to Gold , I now have a Gold VIP Hilton card. My question is, does Hilton give stay credit or HH points for no shows if your credit card was charged?
Old Feb 28, 2001, 10:57 pm
Original Member

They had better, since you probably paid a standard rate as a penalty. I would immediately call the hotel and have them fax you a copy of the bill.

If they hesitate in any way whatsoever about giving the points, I'd dispute the charge with the credit card company in return. One good turn deserves another!

My Hilton pet peeve of the week: the local Hilton that I'm crashing at now not only charges a $50 fee for checking out on a different day than the reservation, but has instituted a 1-day cancellation policy. In return, I book every day I am there as a separate reservation. If I need to leave on a Tuesday ahead of schedule, I merely cancel my Wed and Thu reservations.

It confuses and frustrates the minimum-wage flunkies at the front desk, but they'll never hit me with a fee!!!

(This trick can be done at a Hyatt for you Diamond members and you can go home with a bottle of wine for every day of the week)

[This message has been edited by Tino (edited 02-28-2001).]
Old Mar 1, 2001, 8:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
I forgot to cancel at a HIlton in NYC. They charged my card and did not credit the points or the "stay." I called the service center and they told me one has to actually STAY there to get the credits.

[This message has been edited by ILuvParis (edited 03-01-2001).]
Old Mar 1, 2001, 10:18 am

Programs: DL-GM, WN-CP, IC-Plat
I was one stay short on my Fast Track and booked an intentional no-show at a $45 Hampton. Before I did, I called the service center, who told me that I would receive credit automatically when the charge went through.

I'll let you know how it goes.
Old Mar 1, 2001, 12:13 pm
Suspended

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Silver
Originally posted by MarshB:
a $45 Hampton
Where?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.