Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

The Definitive “No-Show” Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Definitive “No-Show” Thread

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2001, 9:03 pm

Programs: UA1k;HH Gold;MR Gold
Hampton Inn Glendale AZ
Old May 31, 2001, 10:35 pm

Before you bank on this, be sure to verify that the $40 rate is eligible for HHonors points (sometimes the lowest promotional rates aren't).
Old May 31, 2001, 11:35 pm
Suspended

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Silver
Indeed, I believe that many of the GLON properties are far more than $160/night.

Also, you will pick up significantly more than 50,000 points. There are the HHonors points for the "stay" + 25% Gold bonus + airline bonus (maybe). Do all 4 in one quarter and get a 4,000 threshold bonus. And you will pick up 400 - 2,000 airline miles. Use an AMEX and double your double dip.
Old Jun 1, 2001, 6:24 am

Programs: FL, AA, DL
Huh? What's the deal about AmEx doubling your double-dipping?

I've been a die-hard Marriott fan for years, but I'm being lured to the Hilton side now, mostly by their 50K promo. Like everyone and their brother, I'm gold. I plan on paying with AmEx. What's the double-dip refer to, just the membership rewards points?

[This message has been edited by ebell (edited 06-01-2001).]
Old Jun 1, 2001, 6:39 am

Double miles with a twist.

Between June 1 and August 31, 2001, have just one Double Dip® stay at any HHonors hotel and you'll earn double miles for every additional Double Dip stay during these dates.

Plus, earn double HHonors Base points when you pay with the American Express® Card.
Old Jun 1, 2001, 6:39 am

Hilton is always doing these huge promotions and then double miles and double points. I myself am also a Platinum at Marriott and really like Marriott.When Hilton is giving all these huge bonuses and then miles as well it is a no brainer to me. Marriott 5-7 years ago said you get either points or miles, but not Hilton you get both. I really don't know how they can afford it.
Old Jun 1, 2001, 9:36 am
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Yes!
Old Jun 1, 2001, 7:04 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Go For It! But make sure the rate qualifies!!!!!
Old Jun 1, 2001, 7:43 pm
Suspended

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by jan_az:
Hampton Inn Glendale AZ</font>
Which one, and what date(s)?
Old Jun 2, 2001, 11:49 am
belairpatrols

[QUOTE]Originally posted by cactuspete:
[B]Indeed, I believe that many of the GLON properties are far more than $160/night.

What's a GLON property?

------------------
David Cooper
http://www.belairpatrol.com Los Angeles

Old Jun 2, 2001, 1:00 pm

Programs: UA1k;HH Gold;MR Gold
Its the Hampton Inn right off the 101 loop at Bell road ( actually its on 83rd Ave across from the Perioa Sports complex.). I pulled $40 every day this summer from the Hampton site. I notice that your in Scottsdale. Might want to check the rate at the one on Bell by the other part of the 101 . I've noticed when it passes 100 our hotel rates go way down.
I figure I can go check in when I go to Best Buy and check out by phone. Making reservation on their web site also got me a 10/coupon to Sharper Image - net cost 30USD

HTH
Old Jun 2, 2001, 5:42 pm
Suspended

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by belairpatrols:
What's a GLON property?

</font>
GLON is the award code for an HHonors VIP awar (6 free nights for 100,000 points, I believe). Go to the HHonors site and look under "VIP awards".
Old Jun 2, 2001, 5:46 pm
Suspended

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by jan_az:
Its the Hampton Inn right off the 101 loop at Bell road ( actually its on 83rd Ave across from the Perioa Sports complex.). I pulled $40 every day this summer from the Hampton site. I notice that your in Scottsdale. Might want to check the rate at the one on Bell by the other part of the 101 . I've noticed when it passes 100 our hotel rates go way down.
I figure I can go check in when I go to Best Buy and check out by phone. Making reservation on their web site also got me a 10/coupon to Sharper Image - net cost 30USD

HTH
</font>
Thanks for the tip. By the way, I have a friend who doesn't even bother to check in, and still receives his HHonors points. Also, the Sharper Image coupon will come in handy for the AA 20 Partners promo, as SI is an AA partner thru AOLAAdvantage.

Old Jun 8, 2001, 11:11 am
Suspended

getting credit for a NO-SHOW

has anyone booked a Hilton Value rate(non-refundable) not showed got billed for it and yet got credit for a Stay?

I already completed my 50,000 pts promo but a friend hasnt and due to a family illness doesnt feel she will be able to.I suggested this to her at 2 different properties during 2 different weeks,she just wants to be sure shell get the credit.I told her once booked call either the hotel or HH to make sure that your HH# is on the res so that youll get the credit.
Will this work has it worked for you?
Old Jun 8, 2001, 12:01 pm

I would be real wary of this and definately get a supervisors name from HHONORS that tells you it is ok. In the T&C, it states that points will be given for registered guests(define registered). I had a supervisors name that told me yes I would get credit but now my account has been closed following a data accounting error that no one including supervisors will tell me anything about. Thay also said that it could take 4 weeks to resolve. I have had several no-shows in the past two months but I don't know if that has anything to do with it or not. The customer service people have been very non cooperative and down right trude to me in trying to get this resolved. The last supervisor told me she couldn't even open my account if she wanted to. Funny, I called back today and a regular service agent opened it up within 3 seconds. It is this type of deceiptfulness, and unwillingness to provide any type of customer satisfaction that has kept me Platinum with Starwood. This corporation really burns me up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.