Other:
Hilton HHonors Properties in Phoenix

Trip Reports: Mesa, AZ Hilton
Print Wikipost

Hilton Phoenix/Mesa {US-AZ}

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2000, 4:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott LTT, Hilton Dia, Hyatt Expl, Avis Pres, Hertz Pres, National EE, AA Gold, UA Silver
Arrow Hilton Phoenix/Mesa {US-AZ}

My stay last week at the Laughlin Hilton (gotta' love the $20 a night rates) finally earned me HH Gold status.

I remember reading somewhere on FT that the Mesa Hilton is very generous with their upgrades for Gold members. I remember reading that one can get upgraded to their one-bedroom suite with a dining area, terrace, and a whirlpool tub. I went online and saw that that room is $300.00 a night.

However, I can reserve a:
(1)regular room @ $59.00
(2)executive room @ $89.00
(3)junior suite @ $99.00

Does anyone have any experience with this hotel...? I would be willing to reserve option 3, if that would mean that I would get a 1 BR suite. However, for obvious reasons, if this hotel has been known to upgrade Gold members from option 1, then I would certainly choose that option...

Any input at all (even info. on the hotel, itself) is greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Old May 29, 2000, 6:27 pm
Original Member

Marshking,

Don't know that I can help with the Suite, but I did stay at the hotel back in March. I assume you are talking about the Hilton Mesa Pavilion. Great place! I was there on a spring training package, we had a nice executive room with access to the lounge for continental breakfast, evening snacks and drinks. There was a nice little balcony to eat on in the morning too. The hotel is right across from a big mall. Easy walk to stores and restaurants. All in all it was a very nice hotel. The staff was very nice and the property as well as the area had a lot to offer. I will go back again. Have fun and hope this helps.
Old May 30, 2000, 6:04 am
Original Member

Same here, I stayed in March for one night on the cheapest of cheap rates, and was upgraded to a huge room with dining area etc. The hotel had pre-reserved the upgrade, along with a letter from the manager. The staff were very friendly and helpful, and the lounge was pleasent - great view to watch the sun go down.

All in all, one of the most friendly hotels that I have stayed in recently. Only negative is the traffic along the interstate to get to the hotel.

I would take the chance and go with the cheap rate(esp if you are paying). If you don't get the upgrade, you will get access to the lounge anyway, but my hunch is that the hotel will do all it can to upgrade you.
Old May 30, 2000, 2:10 pm

Programs: SkyMiles MM, HHonors Gold, Avis, Hertz
I have stayed to Mesa Pavillion Hilton 5 or 6 times since 1997. Great place, love it! I was once book at a Sheraton, just down the I-10(?), but spoke w/the manager, and got a room in a fully booked hotel.
The place is especially appealing in Dec, before Xmass, when they light up the outside balconies. Of course, the weather is great at that time, as well.
Old Jun 30, 2000, 2:36 am

I stayed there this April. I was only silver at the time. I recieved a free upgrade upon request at checkin. This was great service especially in light of the fact that I was paying a discounted rate on a standard room already....Great Hotel. They really do provide that "extra" level of recogniztion to Hhonors members...I would definately recommend it.
Old Mar 16, 2002, 10:58 pm

Location: Mesa, AZ USA - UA Prem Ex- SPG Gold - Hilton Diamond - Marriot Platinum - Avis Chairman - National EE
Trip Reports for Mesa Arizona Hilton

Anyone have any trip reports for the Mesa, AZ Hilton?

In particular, I am interested in feedback on the suites at the property.

I have a friend visiting later this month and he is thinking of putting his family up in the Mesa Hilton.

He would rather stay in the East Valley (Mesa) versus Scottsdale for Cubs Spring Training.
Old Mar 17, 2002, 5:11 am

Programs: AA Plt, HH Diamond, IHG Plt
I stayed there last month several times. Was put on HHonors floor with access to the lounge on the 7th floor for the breakfast and evening snacks and drinks. A nice hotel, friendly staff and close to some resturants. I recommend it highly. Oh, they have reserved parking spots for HHonors..a nice touch.
Old Mar 17, 2002, 11:25 am

Programs: Lapsed elite statuses galore
Stayed here over President's Day weekend, and agree with all that ernie8575 notes. Had a small suite on the HHonors floor (7) with one king, so it wouldn't work well for a large family (although there was plenty of room to add a couple of rollaway beds if needed). Pleasant and gracious staff, nice lounge, and close-in HHonors reserved parking.

The hotel was hosting a dog show of all things that weekend, and the occasional bark from these purebreds added a nice homey touch to my stay...
Old Mar 18, 2002, 5:30 pm

Last time I stayed there the hotel got struck by lightning - interesting experience.
Old Mar 18, 2002, 6:03 pm

Don't leave us hanging ne14snow, give us the whole shocking truth!
Old Feb 27, 2005, 11:42 am

Reviews - Hilton Phoenix East/Mesa

Anyone have comments about the Hilton Phoenix East/Mesa?

I have reservations there and another area hotel and am tryig to decide which one to stay at. I'm a Hilton Honors Gold, so hoping for an upgraded room and the complimentary continental breakfast.

Thanks in advance.
Old Feb 27, 2005, 1:35 pm

Programs: UA1P MM, Hilton Dia, Mar Lifetime Gold, Hertz Gold
I would recommend this hotel. I was upgraded to a mini suite when there a few months ago. I think many of the rooms are like Embassy Suites rooms. It should be easy to get upgraded. I forgot what the breakfast was like. However, they do have a lounge with free breakfast, you will get a coupon.
Old Mar 4, 2005, 11:55 pm
YXE

Programs: AC-Elite
Location is pretty good. Nice access to freeway and Best Buy next door.
Old Mar 5, 2005, 1:28 pm

Programs: United Global Services,Hilton Diamond, Starwood Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, National Executive Elite
Not a bad hotel, just make sure you are not on the side that faces the freeway. The side that looks out over the golf course is nicest.
Old Mar 5, 2005, 10:19 pm
YXE

Programs: AC-Elite
Originally Posted by flyboy_421
Not a bad hotel, just make sure you are not on the side that faces the freeway. The side that looks out over the golf course is nicest.

That is an excellent point.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.