FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   Embassy Suites Anaheim - Orange (was Hilton Suites) {US-CA} (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/122724-embassy-suites-anaheim-orange-hilton-suites-us-ca.html)

general45 Mar 2, 2000 9:23 pm

Embassy Suites Anaheim - Orange (was Hilton Suites) {US-CA}

How do these properties rate? I am paying $99.00 (Corporate Rate) with breakfast included at the Hilton. I am trying to compare to the Airport Marriott in Irvine at a rate of $79.00 with breakfast. I will be attending Angels vs RedSox games in early April,and Disneyland. This is a quick trip; in on Friday, out on late Monday evening. Opinions needed. Thanks.

not2bgrounded Mar 2, 2000 10:30 pm

I know nothing about the Irvine Marriott except that it is farther from Disneyland. The Anaheim-Orange Hilton Suites would be your best bet if you are planning much time at Disneyland. The proximity with shuttle service every half hour makes a big difference when your feet get tired. There is also a nice Marriott in Anaheim near Disneyland.

chix Mar 3, 2000 5:11 am

Stayed @ both. Go for Orange Hilton Suites. Cocktails each evening & hot breakfast in the morning.

Plus larger room, closer to stadium, Disney, etc., etc.

Need I say more?

LAX 1K Mar 6, 2000 12:59 am

LOL.. also enjoyed the microwave and was "upgraded" to a room with an exercise bike in it.. cool!! and comfortable..

general45 Mar 9, 2000 7:56 pm

Booked the Hilton last night, especially when I noticed the hotel was an easy walk from the hotel. Shuttle service to Disney a plus, plus the amenities described by Chix sealed the deal. Now if I can only get the room with the exercise bike. Thanks for the posts. Any other info about the area is appreciated.

newself Mar 9, 2000 8:36 pm

general45,

There is also a National Sports bar right next door and a new mall called the block (less than a mile) which has a KK! Enjoy your stay!

[This message has been edited by newself (edited 03-09-2000).]

general45 Mar 10, 2000 7:34 pm

I definitely will hit the sports bar, newself, but excuse me for being uninformed as to what a KK is as I am from the vast uninhabited area of the Great White North of New England (we still have lots of snow for you snowmobilers) and news reaches here very slowly. Please enlighten me.

sggolf Apr 11, 2000 12:44 am

Having just returned from a stay at the Hilton Orange Suites, I would recommend. I had a corner suite which I believe is a bit larger than a normal room.

The made to order breakfast was great, shuttle service to Disneyland was prompt and convenient, and free cocktail & pretzels at the bar and fresh cookies at front desk in the evening were nice. And it was nice to have a mini-fridge and microwave in the room.

Only small minuses, our carpet had a few too many spills and stains and with the road construction around the hotel, I got lost a few times.

Note: if you get back too late to the hotel, the parking spaces fill quickly, probably from patrons at the sports bar? The hotel was busy as the Nashville hockey team stayed there as well as some WWF people, too?

Enjoy!

general45 Apr 13, 2000 5:36 pm

Arrived at hotel on Friday,4/7/00 late evening. I received my non smoking room as requested. Allthough I did not receive a room upgrade, my son and I had all the room we would ever need(living room area with sofa bed couch and easy chair, T.V., dining table with 4 chairs, microwave and refridge, as well as a spacious bed room with T.V.) These rooms were well decorated and roomy. Breakfast was good, but the evening meal I had( Steak $21.50) was fair at best. I would rate this hotel an 8.0 on a scale of 10. This is good base hotel to see the area and close to airports and area attractions as well as the beaches(Laguna and Newport Beach).

Dukie Feb 28, 2001 4:39 pm

Anaheim-Orange Hilton Suites

Ok so I got a Priceline Room for Mid march for 49 Bux Not bad. Anyone Like this hotel recently. I saw a few posts about a year ago, but anyone recently. also, its priceline, and change to get my Gold Status included?

WNLuvr Mar 1, 2001 12:14 am

Hi Dukie,

I stayed at this property last week and found it to be quite nice for the money. I got a $99 weekend rate that included free continental breakfast, evening cocktails, and a large pizza in-room each night (that was a first!)

I would think that even if you booked this hotel through Priceline, you should be entitled to the breakfast and cocktail benefits...it seems to be a part of the hotel's basic offering.

As far as the property quality, I found it to be above average. It's set up atrium style, similar to an Embassy Suites...but I would prefer this hotel to the drab 80s feel of a typical Embassy Suites any day.

As a HHonors Gold I was upgraded to a nice larger corner suite with a separate dining room with a table that seated six. With two TVs and a VERY large bathroom, I was impressed. It's about two miles from Disneyland off the 5 Fwy, and they have a complimentary shuttle.

Call the hotel directly and ask to add your HHonors number to the reservation. Then you'll have a pretty good chance of an upgrade. They were able to confirm my upgrade with a phone call the morning prior to check-in.

Overall, I think you lucked out with a nice hotel off Priceline! Hope your trip goes well.

WNLuvr

[This message has been edited by WNLuvr (edited 03-01-2001).]

[This message has been edited by WNLuvr (edited 03-01-2001).]

NCRBILL Jun 21, 2002 6:37 pm

Hilton Suites, Orange CA

I just stayed at the Orange CA Hilton Suites and was very impressed with the property. They have very large rooms and mine had a table that would sit 8 people to either have a meeting or a family to eat. I also got free breakfast buffet in the am.

If I was going to Disney Land, this would be a nice property to stay at.

WNLuvr Jun 22, 2002 1:46 am

It really is a great property, especially for families going to Disneyland. I believe they have a shuttle to the Park that runs on the hour.

The breakfast buffet is nice, but even better is a year ago they gave out coupons for a free large pizza each night of your stay, too! This year, though, no pizza coupons.

There is a National's sports bar next door that gets crowded during Angels and Ducks games.

Sylvest941 Jun 24, 2002 5:26 am

There has been construction works on I-5 for years.
Is it over now. It was a nuisance for driving in the area.

jetguy727 Dec 19, 2004 3:29 pm

Hilton Suites Anaheim/Orange

I am heading to SoCal in January for a board meeting, and we will be staying at the Hilton Suites Anaheim/Orange. Has anyone stayed at this hotel - what's it like. I will be in their "meetings suite" - so we don't have to arrange for a meeting room elsewhere in the hotel, and pay an exhorbant rate! Being on a non-profit board one has to watch the bottom line. This hotel is close to SNA and LAX for those coming in by air. The rates, from the HiltonHHonors site were very good, seeing we'll be there over the weekend. Thanks FT's! :)