Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Embassy Suites Anaheim - Orange (was Hilton Suites) {US-CA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Embassy Suites Anaheim - Orange (was Hilton Suites) {US-CA}

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2013, 10:42 pm

This property will be converted to an Embassy Suites according to hotel site. Early 2014
is the projected time frame for the switch to ES. I wonder how it will fare
as there are already two Embassy Suites properties that serve the Anaheim area ?
Old Sep 28, 2013, 11:44 pm

Programs: Hilton HHonors Diamond; Celebrity Elite Plus. Singapore Airlines Kris Flyer
I have just stayed there - almost seems as though it was built as an Embassy Suites [atrium style] but branded as a Hilton Suites - maybe for families for Disneyland.

Rooms are a good size - had a regular room and then returned to a corner room.

There are easels with swatch samples of the new color palette for all fittings and furnishings. A great receptionist told me that most staff [many since opening] know that it needs a refresh and are excited about the potential positive vibe of change.

Floors 8,9,10 are HHonors / Executive floors [Gold and Diamonds] which incudes the drinks and breakfast. I had three breakfasts and they were the least tasty of all my stays. I have just completed a US trip with 21 properties, and many Hampton Inns had better quality breakfasts.

The ART shuttle worked very well [$5/person] and one can use the whole system all day if necessary [as far as Knottsberry Farm].

It is an easy walk to the Orange/Anaheim Premium Outlets [the Doubletree is on the outlet block]. I also walked to the Anaheim Amtrak station to go to San Diego for the weekend [yes, Australians walk a bit]!!

I think it will be a good fit for the Embassy Suites brand.
Old Jan 6, 2014, 12:40 am

The Embassy Suites transition will take place next month according to hotel site.
I would definitely avoid this property until the construction is complete. Will miss the
coupons given to elites for the breakfast buffet since the DoubleTree down the street
is pretty skimpy with what they give. The Amtrak station is a quick walk away as
PeterBruce mentioned which is convenient to those pax arriving/departing Anaheim.
Old Mar 6, 2014, 5:51 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold since '02, Hertz President's Circle since '07
Brand Change: Embassy Suites Anaheim-Orange, formerly Hilton Suites Anaheim-Orange

I just got an email announcing that the former Hilton Suites Anaheim Orange is now the renovated Embassy Suites Anaheim Orange.

This is my family's go-to redemption choice for Disneyland. I'm glad to see it remains a Category 4; nice value IMHO.

http://ebm.h1.hilton.com/c/tag/hBTGK...aDRyI/doc.html

By the way, does anybody know if this is a return to the Embassy brand? I wonder because the building is classic ES architecture (full height atrium all suites) and the Hilton Suites "brand" is basically non-existant.
Old Mar 6, 2014, 9:51 pm

Nope. Purpose-built as a Hilton Suites.
Old Feb 1, 2016, 9:35 am

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
Embassy Suites Anaheim - Orange - Avoid, Falling Apart, Lackluster Service

Embassy Suites Anaheim - Orange

Map| 2 Reviews | 50% Recommended

400 N State College Blvd Orange, CA US 92868

Embassy Suites Anaheim - Orange - Avoid, Falling Apart, Lackluster Service (1 Photo)

Leaking weather seal from Room 827What a disappointment. I used to stay at this property years ago when it was a Hilton Suites. The lobby has been remodeled handsomely, and the rooms have a nice sofa and other respectable furnishings. However, there are signs of wear here and staff indifference that made my current stay my last.

As a Hilton Diamond, I have a request for my preferred room types in my reservations, always. For this stay, I booked a King room and requested an upgrade to a corner suite if one was available. At check-in I did not receive any HHonors recognition, no mention of a room upgrade, no Diamond amentiy (a bag with 2 bottles of water). When we got to the room we discovered it was indeed a corner suite with 2 queen beds. The sliding door to the small patio was closed, but the weather seal was broken and it was blowing wind into the room - drapes flying. It was not possible to resolve this so I closed the drapes to keep the cold out. I also went down and asked about the room and the king bed. I was told we received our upgrade request and we could downgrade if we wanted. I didn't want to move, we had unpacked, so I kept the room.

That night we heard banging over and over. It continued the next day so I called down and asked for them to investigate. After two hours and no resolution I asked to be moved. They gave me another corner room one floor below, where it was literally raining inside the patio door (broken weather seal) and drapes flying. I rejected the room. I was then moved to another room on the sixth floor on the opposite side of the building. This one was better, but when I opened the drapes the handle of the drape broke off.

Both days breakfast featured cold undercooked greasy bacon, the toaster was stuck and I had to find someone to start it up (grabbed the grill with a towel and rolled it to kick-start it) a handle on the potato chaffing dish broke off...

They have the "we'll make it right" policy here but I'm so disgusted, I just want to get out. Good thing I'm moving to another property today anyway.

Overall

Don't waste your time. No one cares and their attitude extends to the upkeep of the property.

Embassy Suites Anaheim - Orange - Avoid, Falling Apart, Lackluster Service

Would you like to write a review on the Embassy Suites Anaheim - Orange?

No, thank you.
Yes

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.