Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Home2 Suites by Hilton San Antonio Airport, TX {US-TX}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Home2 Suites by Hilton San Antonio Airport, TX {US-TX}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2011, 7:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta SM, Hilton Honors Diamond, Marriott Silver
Arrow Home2 Suites by Hilton San Antonio Airport, TX {US-TX}

The hilton.com website shows this as opening early August. I am looking to book a reward stay for the next week and they are offering outstanding deals, 7,500 points per night. I have a family of 4. Has anyone stayed at one of these new ext stay hotels and have any feedback? Think it's worth the chance, especially at 7,500 points?
Old Jul 21, 2017, 4:36 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
No breakfast before 6am at an airport hotel?!

Home2 Suites by Hilton San Antonio Airport

94 N.E Loop 410 San Antonio, TX US 78216

No breakfast before 6am at an airport hotel?! (0 Photo)

Home2 Suites by Hilton San Antonio Airport

Check In

The checkin agent was average

Room

The room was spacious but not very clean.

Service

I was disappointed to hear that breakfast only starts at 6am. For an airport hotel this is disappointing as our flight left early and we would have needed breakfast at 5am. Only coffee was offered at 5am.

Good location near the airport. 15 minutes from Downtown.

Overall

Ok for a night, but the lack of breakfast in the early morning is really disappointing.

No breakfast before 6am at an airport hotel?!

Would you like to write a review on the Home2 Suites by Hilton San Antonio Airport?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Jul 25, 2017, 6:04 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Originally Posted by florens
Check In The checkin agent was average Room The room was spacious but not very clean. Service I was disappointed to hear that breakfast only starts at 6am. For an airport hotel this is disappointing as our flight left early and we would have needed breakfast at 5am. Only coffee was offered at 5am. Location Good location near the airport. 15 minutes from Downtown. Overall Ok for a night, but the lack of breakfast in the early morning is really disappointing.
I'm sorry but I really do not get why you put the "Read on Expert Hotel Reviews" tab button to the "full" page review on your posts when in reality the information on that tab is the exact same no descript review you posted above. This seems like a bait and switch type of thing to me and should not be allowed. Anyone could have written that review without even staying there and getting basic information of the properties website. Sorry but I had to say it since I've seen you do this before and I think the mods should stop it.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 5:25 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by christianj
I'm sorry but I really do not get why you put the "Read on Expert Hotel Reviews" tab button to the "full" page review on your posts when in reality the information on that tab is the exact same no descript review you posted above. This seems like a bait and switch type of thing to me and should not be allowed. Anyone could have written that review without even staying there and getting basic information of the properties website. Sorry but I had to say it since I've seen you do this before and I think the mods should stop it.
Thank you for your feedback christianj. I am really sorry if I have done something wrong. You might have noticed that I am new here as I have only recently started reviewing hotels. Instead of replying I have clicked onto the "Reply with Review" button on the top of this thread because I thought this is how things are done.

Honestly I don't get what you mean, maybe you can elaborate for me so that I understand what I did wrong.

I'll just reply to the respective threads in the future instead of using the review function.

Last edited by florens; Jul 26, 2017 at 5:45 am
Old Jul 26, 2017, 6:05 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Originally Posted by florens
Honestly I don't get what you mean, maybe you can elaborate for me so that I understand what I did wrong.

I'll just reply to the respective threads in the future instead of using the review function.
Sorry but maybe I was a bit confused and hastily posted a critic without checking all my facts! I'm sorry and I apologize for that!

I had noticed these "Read on Expert Hotel Reviews" button on some posts recently and I thought it was basically a link to a members individual pages with their reviews...sort of like a link to a bloggers own site within Flyertalk that they were trying to drive traffic to. I did not realize that FT had started this site within a site.

Maybe someone can enlighten me on the purpose of the "Expert Hotel Reviews"...isn't that essentially what each post on FT is? Or was intended to be?
Old Jul 26, 2017, 11:08 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by christianj
Sorry but maybe I was a bit confused and hastily posted a critic without checking all my facts! I'm sorry and I apologize for that!

I had noticed these "Read on Expert Hotel Reviews" button on some posts recently and I thought it was basically a link to a members individual pages with their reviews...sort of like a link to a bloggers own site within Flyertalk that they were trying to drive traffic to. I did not realize that FT had started this site within a site.

Maybe someone can enlighten me on the purpose of the "Expert Hotel Reviews"...isn't that essentially what each post on FT is? Or was intended to be?
Oh, I see now. Maybe one can post a review without it generating a post in the respective hotel thread? That would explain the separate website.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 11:27 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Did you tell them that you had an early flight and ask if there was anything they could do?

I've been at several hotels where when I made them aware of my situation they did something. That has ranged from a bagged snack to a full-on room service with no charge.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 2:23 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by aztimm
Did you tell them that you had an early flight and ask if there was anything they could do?

I've been at several hotels where when I made them aware of my situation they did something. That has ranged from a bagged snack to a full-on room service with no charge.
Not explicitly, no. I asked about breakfast hours and when they told me that it would start at 6am I said "oh that's a pity as we'll leave at around at 5.30am to get to the airport". At this point I expected them to offer something, but obviously I was wrong and didn't ask specifically for it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.