Search

keep rate when shortening stays?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2004, 11:36 am
Original Poster

keep rate when shortening stays?

Hi,

Hope somebody knows the answer to this!

I booked up weekly stays at the Hilton Swindon (UK) until June 2004 at a good rate (UK SAVER BB - £59/night incl breakfast) in expectation of a big project. The project is now delayed and I only need to be there 2-3 days a week.

When I use the online travel planner to try and reduce the reservation dates, eg from Mon-Fri to Tues-Thurs, it only works sometimes. It usually gives me an error and tells me to call - it's only worked twice. If I get the error then I just ring the hotel direct and they are happy to change the dates with the same rate, so I don't have any problems here.

My question is general - if you shorten a reservation, but keep it within the original requirements of the rate (eg for example minimum 2 nights) then should the system let you keep the rate, even if it's not generally available anymore?

If the answer is no, then I'll not bother using the online system and just ring the hotel every time. I would prefer to use the online system though, if the answer is "yes, but their system is twitchy" !

Thanks in advance,

decemmie

------------------
Old Feb 12, 2004, 11:42 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">My question is general - if you shorten a reservation, but keep it within the original requirements of the rate (eg for example minimum 2 nights) then
should the system let you keep the rate, even if it's not generally available anymore?</font>
No.
Old Feb 12, 2004, 11:45 am

Based on the anecdotal evidence reported on FT, every time you modify your reservation (sometimes as innocently as simply changing the credit card to guarantee the reservation with), the system seems to reprice the reservation based on the availability and rates in effect at that time. As a result, I'd suggest you to stick to dealing with the hotel directly, as they can do manual override.

And welcome to FT, decemmie!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.