Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Dilution of Diamond Force (with points)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dilution of Diamond Force (with points)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2011, 5:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by soy
this is a huge devaluation. All diamonds should register their disgust. With this change there is no difference between the loyal diamond customer and those who get free gold via one of the many offers. The mind boggles at the logic that hilton are using on this one
Yes, I suggest everyone start emailing and calling the DD to express their dissatisfaction. I wrote Diamond Services and once again confirmed this change, but as you can see it is apparent my entire complaint was not read.

---------------------------
Hello mnredfox,

Thank you for your message to Hilton Reservations and Customer Care. It is my pleasure to assist you today with your Diamond reservation inquiry.

I apologize for the inconvenience. Please be aware that the Diamond Special Arrangements will no longer apply for hotels that are participating in the Expanded Rewards. There does have to be a standard room available but with the premium rooms, it cannot be used for the stated reason above.

We appreciate this opportunity to assist you and thank you for your continued loyalty! If you have any further questions or concerns, please let us know.

For immediate assistance, please click on the link below for the contact number of the HHonors Service Center nearest you:

http://hhonors1.hilton.com/en_US/hh/...t,HeadCustomer.

How are we doing?

xxxxxxxxxxx
HHonors/Diamond Coordinator
Customer Care Email Department
Hilton Reservations and Customer Care
www.hiltonworldwide.com
Hilton HHonors strives to offer the world?s best customer service in every interaction. We would love to hear your thoughts on your experience with the last email representative. Please click on the survey link below to be redirected to a new survey tool geared towards improving the service the Hilton HHonors Email team provides. If the URL does not present itself as clickable, please copy and paste the URL into a new browser to be directed to the survey page.
http://www.4feedback.net/cgi-bin/lau...12011O25120001
Old Jun 22, 2011, 5:17 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Starwood Platinum
Diamond CSR told me today that a formal announcement concerning this will be coming out sometime in July.
Old Jun 22, 2011, 8:18 pm

Programs: Hhonors Diamond United Gold
In case anyone didn't know (I didn't) I was told by the Diamond desk today that if you need a "diamond force" expedited they can only do it if the reservation is for a date 10 days or less out from today's date. If you're in that time frame you will get a response back within 48 hours. Outside of that time frame it will take 5-7 business days.

She also confirmed that if hotels have premium rooms available with points you cannot do a "force". Otherwise if it is not an extreme demand date and even if the hotel is sold out she did confirm that you can use a "force" for a reward stay. I had heard different answers from CSR's before but I don't think they were trully diamond CSR's. Now if this actually happens......that's a different story.
Old Jun 23, 2011, 1:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
I can't believe more Diamond's are enraged with this change. Perhaps it's all because most diamonds these days don't do much stays and are of the Surpass kind....
Old Jun 23, 2011, 1:31 am

Programs: AF Frequence Plus Rouge pour toujours, BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, BW Rewards Diamond
Or maybe most Diamonds have since become Golds and moved the bulk of their hotel spend elsewhere (read: SPG).

UTA
Old Jun 23, 2011, 9:39 am

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, Bonvoy LT Plat, TSA vilifier extraordinaire, Once upon a time... US Silver, AA Gold
Originally Posted by mnredfox
I can't believe more Diamond's are enraged with this change.
I think I'm enraged. When I go to book a room at the Paris ADT for 50,000 points a night and they tell me I need 88,000 points or 138,000 points a night instead, then I'll be enraged.
Old Jun 23, 2011, 10:04 am

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by dwcatty
I think I'm enraged. When I go to book a room at the Paris ADT for 50,000 points a night and they tell me I need 88,000 points or 138,000 points a night instead, then I'll be enraged.
I'm enraged. Still formulating my angry letter. Maybe I'll do it this weekend while doing my DEQM mileage run to ORD.
Old Jun 23, 2011, 12:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Honors Lifetime Diamond, BAEC Gold
I think it is annoying, and worth getting annoyed about.

Although technically the diamond force with points remains, and if a hotel is sold out we can still technically 'force' a standard room (will be great to see if this happens in reality), this new change means that we have to wait until a hotel which offers a room above a standard level for points is full before we can use the force.

The reality I can see... and this is happening...take the Cavaleiri where Diamonds have made special arrangements for a long time...now they may be sold out of every room, except a suite which today they are offering for a million HHonors points, and until that's sold (unlikely?) we cannot force a room.

Once rolled out worldwide, this does significantly reduce the Diamond benefit above Golds.
Old Jun 23, 2011, 1:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Diamond farce
Old Jun 23, 2011, 2:17 pm

Location: Chapel Hill, NC - UA Nobody (sigh)/0.925MM, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by mnredfox
I can't believe more Diamond's are enraged with this change. Perhaps it's all because most diamonds these days don't do much stays and are of the Surpass kind....
I'm not enraged because this probably won't have much effect on me. I've been Diamond for the last nine years (on points thank you very much ) and in that time I've used a DSR exactly twice (both times at the Cavalieri).

I only burn points on international destinations (and have no plans to return to the Cavalieri any time soon). I'll only be enraged if I ever have to use a DSR when I'm overseas and I get asked for gobs of points when no standard rooms are available. And based on my past experience, I'm not too worried about it.
Old Jun 23, 2011, 2:49 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by Chapel Hill Guy
I'm not enraged because this probably won't have much effect on me. I've been Diamond for the last nine years (on points thank you very much ) and in that time I've used a DSR exactly twice (both times at the Cavalieri).

I only burn points on international destinations (and have no plans to return to the Cavalieri any time soon). I'll only be enraged if I ever have to use a DSR when I'm overseas and I get asked for gobs of points when no standard rooms are available. And based on my past experience, I'm not too worried about it.
I like your attitude of saving (and reserving) your enraging for a future time .

Enraging does not solve these issues anyway, just like enraging over devaluation of the points last year did not solve anything.
Old Jun 23, 2011, 7:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Originally Posted by uastarflyer
Diamond farce
Old Jun 23, 2011, 7:27 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by sjuhawk_jd
I like your attitude of saving (and reserving) your enraging for a future time .

Enraging does not solve these issues anyway, just like enraging over devaluation of the points last year did not solve anything.
Well, actually.....
United listened to people getting enraged over the completely fubar new boarding order and changed it back to the original system (zones instead of rows).
Old Jun 23, 2011, 9:12 pm

Well, I just wrote my inquiry letter to the Diamond Desk. I want to hear it from them before I start berating them on this change. This is the email:

I have recently heard quite a disturbing rumor that I would like to get clarification on. I have heard that with the introduction of Premium Room Rewards, the Diamond Desk will no longer be able to submit Diamond Special Arrangements for standard room rewards at hotels with no standard rooms available if there are Premium Rooms available for redemption with HHonors Points.

For example, if the Waldorf Astoria Rome Cavalieri had no standard rooms available for points redemption but did have an Imperial Room available for a higher than standard amount of points, the Diamond Desk could not submit a Diamond Special Request for a standard room.

Is this rumor true?
Old Jun 23, 2011, 11:28 pm

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat
Outrageous...I'll be outta here when Premium Room Rewards are rolled out everywhere.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.