Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Frankfurt Airport, Germany {DEU}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Frankfurt Airport, Germany {DEU}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2011, 11:50 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
In that case I might get to stay there for the FRA Advent DO after all. I've completed an enquiry form on their website but it ended up with the UK customer services. Let's see what they'll have to say.

p.s. Thanks for the photos. ^ Still looks like a building site.
Old Oct 11, 2011, 12:59 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

I filled out an enquiry form on hilton.com and received the following reply.

"Thank you for contacting the Hilton Internet Contact Center. It is my pleasure to assist you today with your Hotel opening date inquiry. The hotel to which you are referring is currently scheduled to open on December 01, 2011."

Sorry, servus! Not that I didn't believe what you said but it's good to hear it from the horse's mouth as well.
Old Oct 11, 2011, 3:49 am

Programs: DL DM, HH diamond
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
I filled out an enquiry form on hilton.com and received the following reply.

"Thank you for contacting the Hilton Internet Contact Center. It is my pleasure to assist you today with your Hotel opening date inquiry. The hotel to which you are referring is currently scheduled to open on December 01, 2011."

Sorry, servus! Not that I didn't believe what you said but it's good to hear it from the horse's mouth as well.

Great news! It's been so long that I had nearly given up all hope.

Off to the HH website to see if I can book some dates for a Dec trip....
Old Oct 11, 2011, 6:32 am

Originally Posted by AK-business-traveler
Great news! It's been so long that I had nearly given up all hope.

Off to the HH website to see if I can book some dates for a Dec trip....
Good luck! But it looks like they are only accepting online bookings from February 1st onwards.
Old Oct 11, 2011, 1:52 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH diamond
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Good luck! But it looks like they are only accepting online bookings from February 1st onwards.
Thanks - yes, I was sadly disappointed. I wonder how one will be able to reserve for Dec / Jan if they really do open on time. Guess I'll keep checking.
Old Oct 19, 2011, 9:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

As of yesterday, it appeared construction is still going on- however it could be conceivable for a December opening?? I guess it depends on how finished the inside is- as others have mentioned, the Sheraton is frequently fully booked (especially if you also need a meeting room or two) so it will be excellent to have some more capacity at the Airport.
Old Oct 19, 2011, 11:14 am

They will be finish! Because they HAVE TO!
Old Oct 25, 2011, 5:35 am
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
As of yesterday, it appeared construction is still going on- however it could be conceivable for a December opening?? I guess it depends on how finished the inside is- as others have mentioned, the Sheraton is frequently fully booked (especially if you also need a meeting room or two) so it will be excellent to have some more capacity at the Airport.
Now they are accepting reservations from Jan 15, 2012, onwards. I really could use a good airport hotel at FRA on Dec 4...
Old Oct 27, 2011, 4:08 pm

We are in FRA for less than 24 hours as part of our RTW trip... Booked 1 night at the Hilton Frankfurt Airport in early April - looks like a great hotel, and easy to get to downtown if/when we feel like it...
Old Oct 28, 2011, 9:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by slaman
We are in FRA for less than 24 hours as part of our RTW trip... Booked 1 night at the Hilton Frankfurt Airport in early April - looks like a great hotel, and easy to get to downtown if/when we feel like it...
The buidling from the outside resembles a cruise ship.

Inside- who knows- it is still not open.
Old Oct 31, 2011, 1:42 am

Just received an email that the opening would be delayed beyond the date of my reservation in December and offering to transfer the booking to the Hilton in the city. I guess I'll have to reluctantly accept the change provided they honour the pre-paid non-refundable rate at the HGI from the January sale!
Old Nov 14, 2011, 12:13 pm
alc

They had update the date again:

This hotel will soon be joining the Hilton Worldwide Portfolio of Brands and is presently accepting reservations for arrival January 15, 2012 and beyond.

Now I just need to be think if I should cancel my Sheraton FRA and stay here in stead for my March 1-night stopover.... since I do not have any status with SPG any more.
Old Nov 14, 2011, 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
The buidling from the outside resembles a cruise ship.

Inside- who knows- it is still not open.
Does the Hilton Frankfurt have a lot of stuff that you can walk to? I'm assuming that we'll want to walk to the nearest restaurant without having to jump on a train.. we'll stay at the downtown location if there is stuff within walking distance...
Old Nov 14, 2011, 4:10 pm
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by slaman
Does the Hilton Frankfurt have a lot of stuff that you can walk to? I'm assuming that we'll want to walk to the nearest restaurant without having to jump on a train...
Yes, plenty of shops and restaurants within easy walking distance. Everything from Starbucks to Michelin-starred dining.
Old Nov 15, 2011, 7:21 am

Programs: DL,AC,HH,PC
Originally Posted by alc
Now I just need to be think if I should cancel my Sheraton FRA and stay here in stead for my March 1-night stopover.... since I do not have any status with SPG any more.
You don't need to cancel 2 months in advance. See if the Hilton does in fact open 1/15.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.