Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Frankfurt Airport, Germany {DEU}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Frankfurt Airport, Germany {DEU}

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2018, 11:15 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
@NewbieRunner...Thanks! I know the Squire was delayed way beyond it's anticipated opening due to construction issues. I guess I will chance the booking and would hope that if the opening of the Hampton is delayed that they would accommodate people with bookings at either the Hilton or HGI FRA.

Last edited by christianj; Nov 19, 2018 at 11:23 am
Old Dec 6, 2018, 11:35 am

My Mom is flying into Frankfurt from Vienna on Lufthansa on Saturday and will be staying overnight at the HGI. How long is the walk from baggage claim (I'm assuming in Terminal 1) to the HGI? She has a heart condition and can't walk really long distances. Would it be possible for her to get a taxi from outside baggage claim to take her to the hotel? I know it would seem silly and costly, but she doesn't want to risk any health issues.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 3:38 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by crashvt2003
My Mom is flying into Frankfurt from Vienna on Lufthansa on Saturday and will be staying overnight at the HGI. How long is the walk from baggage claim (I'm assuming in Terminal 1) to the HGI? She has a heart condition and can't walk really long distances. Would it be possible for her to get a taxi from outside baggage claim to take her to the hotel? I know it would seem silly and costly, but she doesn't want to risk any health issues.
A taxi would take way too long, from the departure hall B you go up a level then it is moving side walks almost the entire way. If she has a wheelchair, they might be able to bring her the entire way.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 4:20 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by crashvt2003
You mother may have to walk longer from her arrival gate to the taxi stand than from baggage claim to the HGI. If you are seriously concerned about the distance she will have to walk I suggest you arrange assistance from FRAcare Services via the airline. They should at least be able to take her to the taxi stand. Unfortunately it may be too late to arrange assistance since it will have to be booked 48 hours in advance.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 8:11 pm

Originally Posted by N104UA
A taxi would take way too long, from the departure hall B you go up a level then it is moving side walks almost the entire way. If she has a wheelchair, they might be able to bring her the entire way.
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
You mother may have to walk longer from her arrival gate to the taxi stand than from baggage claim to the HGI. If you are seriously concerned about the distance she will have to walk I suggest you arrange assistance from FRAcare Services via the airline. They should at least be able to take her to the taxi stand. Unfortunately it may be too late to arrange assistance since it will have to be booked 48 hours in advance.
Thank you both for your reply. I've passed along the message and I think she will just take it really slow and rest along the way if needed.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 3:01 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
I stayed several times in the FRA Hilton over the last 4 years and for the first time I had a bad stay there. The main issue was that at 7:15am they had run of warm water in the entire hotel. Maintenance was alerted but the situation was the same after my workout at 10am. Probably not the hotel fault entirely but nevertheless it ruined the stay.
Old May 23, 2019, 2:13 pm

FRA Hilton Diamond Upgrades

I am a relatively new Diamond, I had stayed at Hilton Frankfurt Airport many times as a Gold and was always upgraded to an Executive Room. How generous is this hotel at upgrading Diamonds to suites and which suites do they normally upgrade to? I know they have a few, and while I would love an upgrade to the Presidential Suite, I won't hold my breath.
Old Jan 17, 2020, 5:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Chase Ultimate Rewards 2MM, Diner Club points
I stayed at the hilton on new years eve, was upgraded to executive floor. The room I was in did not have a working deadbolt. I called maintenance and they said it was just how the hotel was designed (!), that room on every floor does not have a deadbolt . My suspicion is that room was originally not meant to be a guestroom and they later decided to make it a guestroom and whatever reason weren't able to put a deadbolt.

It is the room very close to the lounge, and across the hall from ice machine.
Old Jan 18, 2020, 1:19 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliα & HH & Marriott Gold
How generous is this hotel at upgrading Diamonds to suites and which suites do they normally upgrade to?
There are a couple of reports in this thread of suite upgrades. I also had at least one upgrade to a suite ("king deluxe" IIRC) when I was Diamond, not previously reported here.

My impression is that the property policy is to upgrade when they can, but of course much depends on the individual staff members who deal with your booking and/or check in. Dreaming of presidential suites is probably unwise.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 11:03 am

Programs: BAEC, Flying Club, HHonors, Gold Passport, IHG Rewards, Le Club Accor, Club Carlson
I am torn between the Hilton and the Hampton. Can anyone give me the pros and cons of each? There is about a €50 price difference atm. My main areas of interest are:

Location to the airport
What the lounge is like in the Hilton
Fitness facilities

As ever, TIA for any help!
Old Feb 11, 2020, 11:08 am
Accor 10+ BadgeHilton 10+ Badge

Location to the airport : HILTON win by far for T1 (attached to the terminal) and it is a tie for T2 (walkable from Hampton, bus shuttle from T1 for Hilton). Also there are restaurants and a supermarket in the immediate vicinity of Hilton, there is nothing at the Hampton.
Lounge in Hilton is nice but nothing to write home about. The evening service is not enough for a meal but nice for an aperitif.
Fitness : Hilton big winner: plenty of strengthening machine, cardio machine with apron and runway views, stretcher, more free weights. The Hampton has a more standard fitness room (few dumbbells, cardio, a multipurpose strengthening machine).
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 5:59 am

Programs: BAEC, Flying Club, HHonors, Gold Passport, IHG Rewards, Le Club Accor, Club Carlson
Originally Posted by fransknorge
Location to the airport : HILTON win by far for T1 (attached to the terminal) and it is a tie for T2 (walkable from Hampton, bus shuttle from T1 for Hilton). Also there are restaurants and a supermarket in the immediate vicinity of Hilton, there is nothing at the Hampton.
Lounge in Hilton is nice but nothing to write home about. The evening service is not enough for a meal but nice for an aperitif.
Fitness : Hilton big winner: plenty of strengthening machine, cardio machine with apron and runway views, stretcher, more free weights. The Hampton has a more standard fitness room (few dumbbells, cardio, a multipurpose strengthening machine).
Thanks for the review.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 5:35 pm

Originally Posted by TheWiseOne
I am torn between the Hilton and the Hampton. Can anyone give me the pros and cons of each? There is about a €50 price difference atm. My main areas of interest are:

Location to the airport
What the lounge is like in the Hilton
Fitness facilities

As ever, TIA for any help!
50€ is about my threshold for differences between HGI and Hampton (for reference my threshold from HGI to Hilton is about 20€). The convenience of the HGI/Hilton is hard to beat, add in the Paulaner Restaurant in the same building, if more rooms had runway views it would be the perfect airport hotel (IMO). However at more than 50€ it is worth a cab ride from the Hampton.

I will also mention the Hilton Mainz City/Hilton Mainz are good choices too (especially if the FRA Hilton is super expensive). Mainz City is close to the train station and and ICE is 13€ each way and 15min (often quicker than the Hampton shuttle), both are well located for restaurants and exploring Mainz which is a nice city.
Old Feb 13, 2020, 12:58 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliα & HH & Marriott Gold
Mainz City is close to the train station and and ICE is 13€ each way and 15min
Only slightly OT: The ICE is an option if you're already at the airport's mainline station (Fernbahnhof). But for someone arriving by plane just going downstairs to the local network station and getting a train to Mainz for 5 EUR will usually be faster (the journey takes approx. 26 minutes).

Back on topic: The fact that the Hilton and HGI, along with the two Marriott options, don't involve taxis, trains or shuttles means that I can predict with a high degree of accuracy how long I will need to reach the terminal. I don't have to allow extra time to buy tickets or worry about my train being delayed. This always makes a 'proper' airport hotel my first choice, unless the prices are silly.
Old Jun 23, 2020, 12:48 pm
Accor 10+ BadgeHilton 10+ Badge

The Hilton FRA is taking advantage of the COVID rules to charge for more: breakfast is in the room via room service, cold items only. Hot items are for extra charge for Gold/Diamond. This hotel was always offering the full buffet to elites, and actually the executive lounge had eggs and warm items for breakfast. I clearly express my displeasure at the desk and they will give me eggs tomorrow as a “courtesy “.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.