Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort {US-HI}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 22, 2014, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Canarsie
To jump to the year in which you would like to search, please click on one of the desired years shown below:

1999 | 2000 | 2001 | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014

Better yet, please feel free to add links to what you believe are portions of this discussion with important information about the Hilton Hawaiian Village® Beach Resort & Spa hotel property.

Please report any errors — such as broken links, for example — to the moderators of the Hilton | Hilton HHonors forum.

Thank you.
Print Wikipost

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort {US-HI}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2002, 5:48 pm

Programs: AA LT Platinum, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium
I was also told upgrades in the lagoon tower which is called Hilton Grand Vacations Club are not allowed.

I switched my res to the regular HHV and truly enjoed the Rainbow Tower (the two balconies view each facing a different direction towards the ocean helped!).
Old Jun 8, 2002, 10:58 pm

I couldn't have room upgrade at HGVC Lagoon tower,as a Gold VIP
I had made a reservation for studio room($169 each night),and they didn't allow me upgrade.
Then they told me"if you wish room upgrade,you should pay another $20 for each night".
I stayed HGVC for 2days only,so I didn't pay additional fee.

However,they gave me breakfast coupon for each morning.

I will stay at HHV next time,not HGVC!
Old Jun 16, 2002, 10:52 am

I got back and have posted a trip report. Even though I did not get an upgrade, it is still a great tower to stay in with a family. The staff was SUPER and the location on the property is fine. A two bedroom condo was big enough to live in and was furnished nicely. My only comment (not complaint) was that Hilton said this tower is in fact part of the Hilton chain and upgrades SHOULD have been given (if available) and they should get the story co-ordinated between themselves.

Here is the report link:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum81/HTML/002868.html

[This message has been edited by fscher (edited 06-20-2002).]
Old Jun 24, 2002, 3:33 pm

HHV....what were your favorite things to do?

I enjoyed reading the posts for the Hilton Waikoloa Village, that I thought there should be one for the HHV.

Off to Hawaii soon after saving FF miles for +15 years.

scott
Old Jun 24, 2002, 4:10 pm
Senior Moderator; Moderator, Eco-Conscious Travel, United and Flyertalk Cares

Programs: UA 1.7 MM;; Accor & Marriott Pt; Hyatt Globalist
Riding the outrigger canoes down at the crowded end of the beach is a blast.

I also hang around the marina by the hotel on race nights and try to get a crew spot on one of the boats.

Beachwise, I usually drive to some of the empty beaches on other parts of the island. There are lots of nice, uncrowded beaches.

fscher just did a trip report and mentioned a big outdoor movie screen - free! - an dbeach volleyball down at the other end too. I've seen the volleyball, but not the movies before. Sounds fun.
Old Jun 24, 2002, 6:57 pm

There wasn't anything that I did not like about the HHV, but my favorite thing was laying on a float in the beach (the water, not the sand) just watching and listening and getting rocked around. This could also go for sitting on the lanai in the morning with everyone else still asleep. Doing nothing can be a good thing!

My kid's favorite was going for Lappert's Ice Cream EVERY night to top off the day's activities, no matter where or what we had done. They have one of these right on the HHV grounds.

One of the best (not a "favorite") features is that almost all tours, buses and trolleys have direct pick up at the Tapa Tower. Due to the quantity of people staying at the HHV, everyone schedules a pick up here and it makes getting around SUPER easy.
Old Jun 25, 2002, 12:44 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Lots of food suggestions in

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum57/HTML/003762.html
Old Jun 25, 2002, 7:16 am

Programs: Delta Gold, HH Gold
I think my favorite time at the hotel was sitting on the beach for the fireworks. We were in the Diamond Head tower, so could take the "back" (east) exit, then walk to the beach without dealing with the throngs of people around the Super Pool (which, by the way, is not nearly as Super as the pool at HWV!). We planted ourselves near the pier, and it felt like the fireworks were actually going off over our heads! It only lasted about 5 minutes, but was very cool...
Old Jun 25, 2002, 12:51 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA Plat MM
Thanks for all the tips. Going in September!
Old Jun 25, 2002, 3:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">HHV....what were your favorite things to do?</font>
FlyerTalk's TOS prevents me from posting what my favorite thing to do is.

However, I can show you what my second favorite thing to do is.

And that's enjoying my view!
Old Jun 26, 2002, 9:20 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by PremEx:
FlyerTalk's TOS prevents me from posting what my favorite thing to do is.

However, I can show you what my second favorite thing to do is.

And that's enjoying my view!
</font>
It appears that you are/were having fun. Don't forget to turn so you don't burn.
Old Jun 26, 2002, 11:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Back from HHV

We got back from our 2 week stay in Hawaii this weekend. It was wonderful.

We had 8 magnificent nights in one of the coveted 01 room! What a view!

6 of the nights were on ALON! I had sent a fax 1 week in advance indicating that we would love an 01 room as an upgrade if it were available.

Check in was seamless - and we received 2 breakfast coupons for a continental breakfast at tropics each day. We did not upgrade to the full breakfast, as I'm not a big breakfast person.

The HHV was sold out for the weekends & pretty full the rest of the time. We were not able to get a late checkout, nor could we pay for a room. They were THAT full.

Took the timeshare tour. This wasn't low pressure - it was NO pressure & a very quick 30k points. Too bad we didn't do it in Nov.

I'm going to try to write a trip report this week....

Mary
Old Jun 26, 2002, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks Maximus, but that's not me in the photo.

That's my view!

This is me, being forced to accept one of those fruity umberella drinks.

Seriously, I do have two favorite things I try to do at least once each trip to Oahu:

One is to do one of those $10 catamaran rides from Waikiki that just goes out and back. For me, it's always exciting to approach a tropical island by boat as it really gives a unique perspective to the environment.

I also I enjoy sunset pupus, drinks and the great entertainment (especially Kanoe Miller) at The House Without A Key at the Halekulani hotel. An oasis of true charm and tranquility in the madhouse of Waikiki.

Just wish I could afford to stay there, too (Although the HHV is pretty darn nice itself)!

[This message has been edited by PremEx (edited 06-26-2002).]
Old Jun 27, 2002, 9:41 am

[QUOTE]Originally posted by PremEx:
[B]Thanks Maximus, but that's not me in the photo.

That's my view!

Ok,

Thanks for the input.

scott
Old Jun 27, 2002, 10:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by PremEx:
[B]
However, I can show you what my second favorite thing to do is.B]</font>
Looks like you too nabbed the 01 room! It was nicer in my room (the cross ventilation from the 2 lanais is great) than sitting downstairs!

Mary

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.