Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort {US-HI}

Old Mar 22, 2014, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Canarsie
To jump to the year in which you would like to search, please click on one of the desired years shown below:

1999 | 2000 | 2001 | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014

Better yet, please feel free to add links to what you believe are portions of this discussion with important information about the Hilton Hawaiian Village® Beach Resort & Spa hotel property.

Please report any errors — such as broken links, for example — to the moderators of the Hilton | Hilton HHonors forum.

Thank you.
Print Wikipost

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort {US-HI}

Old Feb 1, 2000, 1:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Oh, please don't get me wrong. It is a nice property. I've stayed over a dozen times over the years. I'd give it 3 stars, from my experiences here. And at the PIP lot's of us got upgraded and were treated very well. Some of us were not.

My point in relating the story above was to point out this property is far from perfect and that I think the policies and front desk staff should come under some review. Reception is the first experience with a hotel. It's called the Hospitality Industry because it's supposed to be just that.

Just a warning that this property, IMHO is very inconsistent. If you get great service you'll have a great stay. If you should be one of the unlucky ones to get bad service, it could ruin your vacation if you are the type that will let it. The question is do you want to risk that?

I know that at almost any hotel you can run the risk of a bad experience, and that alone shouldn't be the sole reason for passing on a property. Just pointing out that based on my first hand experience, IMHO the HHV has a bit more chance of dissapointing you than the average.
Old Nov 29, 2000, 11:24 am

Location: Southern California - UA1K, Delta GM, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold, AA Platinum
Gold Upgrades on Award Travel?? Help...

I am traveling to Hawaii and will be staying at the Honolulu Hilton Hawaiian Village on an ALON award. I was wondering if they upgrade award travel.. and if so, is there a way to better the chances of getting an upgrade. I know this does not matter, but it is a second anniversary, does that help? Or is it mostly for PAID stays to get upgrades.

And the missing information is that I am a Hilton HHonors Gold... thanks in advance!!
Old Jan 23, 2001, 7:31 pm

If you just don't feel like going out for dinner, the best room service value at the Hawaiian Village: the honey-dipped fried chicken at $13.25. You get three pieces of amazingly-not-overbreaded white-meat chicken, including a breast; french fries; cole slaw; baked potato or rice pilaf; grilled vegetables, and dinner rolls, plus fixins. Tasty, and plenty of food for two meals.
Old Jan 25, 2001, 6:53 pm

switching towers at Haw hilton village??

I cannot make my mind up if I want to stay at ali tower or rainbow--since I will be there for 11 days--if i switched checked out of ali and into rainbow would that qualify as 2 stays???
Old Jan 25, 2001, 10:24 pm

bfllover -

Don't know the answer to your question regards "two stays". But I have stayed in both the Ali and the Rainbow and I would "vote" for the Rainbow. My reasoning is -
The "west" side of the Ali gives you a view of the Rainbow and the rest of the HHV property. The "west" side of the Rainbow has an unrestricted view towards HNL and the ocean, which is the reason we go to Hawaii in the first place.

dAAvid -
Old Jan 25, 2001, 11:30 pm

I just returned from the Hilton Hawaiian Village two days ago. I stayed in the Tapa Tower. The guy in the suite next to me (we were talking over our balconies) told me that he had checked into the Rainbow Tower first, but asked to be moved because the Rainbow Tower had ants.

NO problems in the Tapa Tower, and you still get a great view. I was in a corner suite on the west side.
Old Jan 26, 2001, 9:09 am

Programs: UA Gold Million Miler, HH Gold, Marriott Gold
Considering what a rowdy bunch descended on the front desk during the start of the PIP, I would say Hilton did us up brown with upgrades (such a competitive bunch!!) for a group almost entirely on Pointsavers! Some of us were not even Gold!

If you tire of the bustle of Waikiki, you could toddle on over to the other side of Oahu and stay at Turtle Bay. I hear it is still not spiffed up but the best beaches are nearby and the area reminds me of old Hawaii more than any of the out islands anymore.
Old Jan 26, 2001, 5:57 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AS Lounge
I haven't stayed in the Rainbow Tower, but spent a week in the Ali'i Tower a year ago. We had a gorgeous tenth floor view of Diamond Head and each morning I'd get up at sunrise to take pictures off the lanai and just ooh and ahh to myself.

The service was top notch. They had a separate check-in desk and wonderful breakfast buffet with seating overlooking the ocean. The wait staff at breakfast remembered our names from day to day and even remembered our preferences (like my passion for fresh strawberries). We were very impressed.

I don't know about whether moving from one tower to another would qualify as 2 stays, but my guess is no.
Old Jan 27, 2001, 11:16 am
T Q

Programs: HHonors/Marriott/Starwood/SWA Rapid Rewards
Hi..Our family stayed in an ocean (Diamondhead) facing room in Feb 2000 on about 7th floor of Rainbow. It was great. The view was fantastic! We had no ants. The Alii looked really posh but since I wasn't staying in that building, I wasn't allowed to snoop around. There were doormen everywhere in the lobby. The oceanfront room is always our top priority in Hawaii.

Originally posted by bfllover:
I cannot make my mind up if I want to stay at ali tower or rainbow--since I will be there for 11 days--if i switched checked out of ali and into rainbow would that qualify as 2 stays???
Old Feb 1, 2001, 5:12 pm

Programs: AA 1MM (Back to GLD for now)
Originally posted by Westcoaster:
I haven't stayed in the Rainbow Tower, but spent a week in the Ali'i Tower a year ago. We had a gorgeous tenth floor view of Diamond Head and each morning I'd get up at sunrise to take pictures off the lanai and just ooh and ahh to myself.

The service was top notch. They had a separate check-in desk and wonderful breakfast buffet with seating overlooking the ocean. The wait staff at breakfast remembered our names from day to day and even remembered our preferences (like my passion for fresh strawberries). We were very impressed.
Stayed in Room 1801 of the Rainbow tower a few years back. This was on a 35,000 3-night point stretcher (ahh, the olden days!!). This room was on the corner, and has two balconies, one facing Diamond Head, the other out to sea. The front desk made a point of recognizing my HHGold status, and even gave us until 8PM for checkout (flight to SFO left at 10:30 or so). Service was beyond excellent the entire stay. I wrote a letter of commendation to the GM of the property (something I haven't done for ANY propery before or since then).

[This message has been edited by PlatAAagain (edited 02-01-2001).]
Old Feb 2, 2001, 6:38 pm

Programs: AA/EXP/LT PLAT
My wife and I had room 1801 in the Rainbow Tower this past September. Probably the best room we've ever had. I agree the customer service is excellent at HHV.
We did the time share presentation but the view from the TS suite could not compare with 1801.

[This message has been edited by huuuuuman (edited 02-02-2001).]
Old Feb 3, 2001, 5:57 am

Stayed in the Rainbow tower last summer ... I thought it was a dump and moved the family (at great expense - we had two rooms) to the Alii tower. Much nicer! If you can get it, take that instead.

-David

Old Feb 3, 2001, 8:50 am

bfllover, I believe your room change would be just that and not count as a new stay. Hilton Hawaiian Village is a great property.
Old Feb 3, 2001, 3:08 pm

The Alii tower actually is considered a separate 5-star hotel within the Hawaiian Village, so, who knows, if you switch between the two properties, they might consider it a separate stay.
Old Feb 5, 2001, 12:25 pm

Location: UAL IK, Starwood Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Which tower at the Hilton Waikiki do you like best?

Hi,

Would appreciate any comments. What have you guys found as the disadvantages and advantages of the various towers at the Hilton in Honolulu? Lounge access, room quality, noise, proximity to hotel services, etc...

THANK YOU!!!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.