Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort {US-HI}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 22, 2014, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Canarsie
To jump to the year in which you would like to search, please click on one of the desired years shown below:

1999 | 2000 | 2001 | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014

Better yet, please feel free to add links to what you believe are portions of this discussion with important information about the Hilton Hawaiian Village® Beach Resort & Spa hotel property.

Please report any errors — such as broken links, for example — to the moderators of the Hilton | Hilton HHonors forum.

Thank you.
Print Wikipost

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort {US-HI}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2015, 1:07 am

Programs: United GS, MM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
I've stayed there twice for work and have gotten upgrades both times. First time was to a nice corner room in the rainbow tower. Second time was in the Ali'i tower. I don't remember specifics of the rooms, but I recall the rainbow tower room had a better view. Can't really remember much about the room in the Ali'i.

I'm going next week with the family, so hopefully I can score an upgrade when it counts!
Old Jun 13, 2015, 7:24 am

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by Chukiechz
I've stayed there twice for work and have gotten upgrades both times. First time was to a nice corner room in the rainbow tower. Second time was in the Ali'i tower. I don't remember specifics of the rooms, but I recall the rainbow tower room had a better view. Can't really remember much about the room in the Ali'i.

I'm going next week with the family, so hopefully I can score an upgrade when it counts!
Thats the problem when your with family the upgrades never seem to be the same. I take it your Diamond hence getting upgrades and good ones.

I just don't worry about it anymore., book the room I want on the front end with points/cash and status
Old Jun 13, 2015, 10:02 am

Programs: United GS, MM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by edgewood49
Thats the problem when your with family the upgrades never seem to be the same. I take it your Diamond hence getting upgrades and good ones.

I just don't worry about it anymore., book the room I want on the front end with points/cash and status
I always seem to get suites when I'm traveling solo, and get zilch when with the family. Only staying 2 nights, then headed to Aulani for 5. Won't be the end of the world if I don't get upgraded since we'll probably be out and about most of the time.
Old Jun 16, 2015, 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by edgewood49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eujeanie View Post
This is one property where I book exactly what I want (Ali'i tower, ocean view) because that is the only room I will be happy in.

X 2 ^^^^^
X3 ^^^^^

This was advice given to me before I'd stayed there, and it's the same advice I'd give to anyone after staying there...
Old Jul 5, 2015, 1:04 pm

Programs: BA Gold,VS Gold,Hilton Diamond
HHV general manager email

Does anyone have contact info for the GM at the Hilton Hawaiian Village.
Many thanks
Old Jul 5, 2015, 1:26 pm

Google is a pretty amazing thing...first couple hits provide the name and email, as well as a linkedin profile confirming.
Old Jul 5, 2015, 1:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
From google:
https://suppliercontent.starcite.com...ature=contacts
https://www.linkedin.com/pub/tracy-walker/13/469/926

Hilton email addresses are usually in the form:
[email protected]
Old Jul 6, 2015, 3:58 am

Programs: BA Gold,VS Gold,Hilton Diamond
Thanks
Didn't even think of google!!
Old Aug 12, 2015, 5:30 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH Gold, Accor Gold, Club Carlson Silver
I was wondering if anyone had booked/stayed in the Ali'i tower recently?

I would be interested in getting feedback, as I have made a booking for later this year.

Also, as a Gold member I was hoping I would get an upgrade within the tower. Any experiences?
Old Aug 12, 2015, 8:51 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
We stayed in the Ali'i Tower last October, and have reservations there for this November.

Both those times, and those before it, I have booked exactly the category I've wanted - Ocean View (not Ocean Front). And almost every time we have stayed there, it has been full.

I would never take the chance on a upgrade there (unless I didn't really care about the room type).

If you are happy with whatever you plan to book, and just want to take a chance on something better, sure why not. Not for me.

We are also Gold.
Old Aug 12, 2015, 9:12 am

Programs: AA, B6, UA, HH, WoH
Originally Posted by Docklandsguy

I would be interested in getting feedback, as I have made a booking for later this year.

Also, as a Gold member I was hoping I would get an upgrade within the tower. Any experiences?
I have stayed in Ali'i Tower twice recently, in February, once in Resort View, once in Oceanfront. Both times, no upgrade. Both time Check-in said sold out.
Old Aug 12, 2015, 10:13 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH Gold, Accor Gold, Club Carlson Silver
Thank you both.
I'm perfectly happy with my choice of room, so no problem if I end-up staying in the room type I have booked.
I was wondering what your experience was in general with the resort, as I have seen many bad comments and also re Upgrades.
Old Aug 12, 2015, 10:55 am

Programs: AA, B6, UA, HH, WoH
Thank you both.
I'm perfectly happy with my choice of room, so no problem if I end-up staying in the room type I have booked.
I was wondering what your experience was in general with the resort, as I have seen many bad comments and also re Upgrades.
Yes, a lot of people complain about HHV. The same people complain about Waikiki in general. It's worth experiencing once, and then you can judge for yourself for future visits. Kids love both. Waikiki and HHV can each be crowded and boisterous, which can be fun or not, depending on your outlook. Within HHV, the Ali'i does offer a bit of a sanctuary, with dedicated check-in and, especially, the private beachside pool for Ali'i guests only.
We usually spend 2-3 nights at Hilton Hawaiian Village, then go to one of the outer islands for the remainder of our trip. Without kids, would probably go straight to Big Island, Maui or Kauai.
Old Aug 13, 2015, 10:51 pm

Programs: QF P1 + LTG VA Plat, AA nothing, HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond

I stayed there in June. Booked partial ocean view and upgraded to ocean view (BIB Diamond). Really nice block and the private pool is great.
To be honest though the single biggest advantage of Ali'i Tower is arriving in a taxi, seeing all of humanity in the regular check-in lines and skipping round to the right to the Ali'i check-in. Same on departure.
Old Aug 14, 2015, 7:18 am

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by Princess fiona
I stayed there in June. Booked partial ocean view and upgraded to ocean view (BIB Diamond). Really nice block and the private pool is great.
To be honest though the single biggest advantage of Ali'i Tower is arriving in a taxi, seeing all of humanity in the regular check-in lines and skipping round to the right to the Ali'i check-in. Same on departure.
AND the private pool! In the "old " days the "girls" served continental breakfast there as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.