Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort {US-HI}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 22, 2014, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Canarsie
To jump to the year in which you would like to search, please click on one of the desired years shown below:

1999 | 2000 | 2001 | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014

Better yet, please feel free to add links to what you believe are portions of this discussion with important information about the Hilton Hawaiian Village® Beach Resort & Spa hotel property.

Please report any errors — such as broken links, for example — to the moderators of the Hilton | Hilton HHonors forum.

Thank you.
Print Wikipost

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort {US-HI}

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2008, 5:30 am

Programs: QF (WP), Krisflyer Gold, UA PremExec, HH Diamond, SPG Plat, IC PC Gold Amb
Originally Posted by Andriyko
I understand there is no sure way to figure out which tower/room we'll be assigned on an award stay as Diamond members? And reading all these posts leads me to believe that contacting someone at the property is a must in order to secure a good room. Am I correct?
Any info re how to contact the General Manager would be appreciated.
We'll be staying at the property for the first time on GLON award, and I'd like to get an opcean view room which tower is teh best one for those?).
Thanks.

I stayed there back in June on a GLON and got upgraded to the Kalia tower. The room was high up and had a fantastic ocean view. I didn't pre-arrange anything although I was early for check-in. Don't be too early though as the good rooms may not have been vacated yet.
Old Nov 10, 2008, 5:57 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by Yohans
I stayed there back in June on a GLON and got upgraded to the Kalia tower. The room was high up and had a fantastic ocean view. I didn't pre-arrange anything although I was early for check-in. Don't be too early though as the good rooms may not have been vacated yet.
Thanks for the tip.^
So, what are non upgraded rooms?

One more question: is the hotel beach a public one? If we choose to stay at the Doubletree can we visit the HHW for teh beach/attractions?

Last edited by Andriyko; Nov 10, 2008 at 6:12 am
Old Nov 10, 2008, 6:20 am

Programs: UA Million Miler (Gold), Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
One more question: is the hotel beach a public one? If we choose to stay at the Doubletree can we visit the HHW for teh beach/attractions?
The beach is public, and you can rent (for a high price) chairs, umbrellas, etc.
Old Nov 10, 2008, 7:21 am

Originally Posted by linsj
The beach is public, and you can rent (for a high price) chairs, umbrellas, etc.
Thank you.
Old Nov 10, 2008, 8:57 am

Thanks for the tip.^
So, what are non upgraded rooms?
The non-upgraded rooms at HHV will probably be garden view in either the Tapa or Kalia Towers. However, many garden view rooms have partial ocean views.

nonutrix
Old Nov 11, 2008, 8:10 am

So many people contacted some one at teh hotel to request upgrades and no one can share the contact info?
Old Nov 11, 2008, 9:49 am

So many people contacted some one at teh hotel to request upgrades and no one can share the contact info?
In several stays a year at HHV over the last 8-10 years, I've never contacted the hotel in advance regarding an upgrade. So I can't help you with a contact name or number.

Sorry,

nonutrix
Old Nov 11, 2008, 11:11 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Also --

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showp...postcount=1427
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showp...postcount=1312
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showp...postcount=1242
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...t=#post7426187
Old Nov 11, 2008, 11:52 am

Originally Posted by nonutrix
In several stays a year at HHV over the last 8-10 years, I've never contacted the hotel in advance regarding an upgrade. So I can't help you with a contact name or number.

Sorry,

nonutrix
Was not referring to you specifically. I'm sorry.

Thank you!

P.S. Noel Trainor resigned about 6 or 7 months ago. The hotel has a new GM now.

Last edited by Andriyko; Nov 11, 2008 at 12:00 pm
Old Nov 12, 2008, 5:26 am

I was upgraded two summers ago to a Rainbow suite. However, I'm not a fan of the resort, as I prefer smaller properties. A parking garage is not what one visions when thinking of Hawaii. The place is just too much of a factory for me.
Old Nov 12, 2008, 6:59 pm

Programs: UA 1K, CO Platinum, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5 *
I'm about to PM you a very good contact. Since I don't know you, I have to request the following: please don't ever make his name public, be very respectful, and if you get an upgrade, tip him generously (I would suggest $15/night for a suite). I was told that starting in Sept, it was the HHV policy to no longer give upgrades to award stays. So I can't promise anything. But this person hooked me up twice in a very nice suite (one on a GLON). If it works out and he doesn't seem spooked, I will PM his info to others that ask. Let us know what happens.

edit - an established FTer just requested the contact too. I gave it to him. I want to hear back on their experiences before giving it out to anyone else. I'll edit this post when/if I can send it out to someone else.

Last edited by MayorMcKnife; Nov 12, 2008 at 8:28 pm Reason: no requests temporarily, please
Old Nov 12, 2008, 9:03 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler (Gold), Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by MayorMcKnife
I was told that starting in Sept, it was the HHV policy to no longer give upgrades to award stays.
Either that's wrong or the policy didn't start in September since I got an upgrade on an award stay then.
Old Dec 11, 2008, 8:23 am

Would really appreciate any help with the following specific room assignments:

Choosing between a corner oceanfront room in the Rainbow tower and an oceanfront room in the Alii tower - which one to choose?

Thanks.
Old Dec 11, 2008, 10:04 am

Would really appreciate any help with the following specific room assignments:

Choosing between a corner oceanfront room in the Rainbow tower and an oceanfront room in the Alii tower - which one to choose?

Thanks.
The rooms or views will not be that different in the two buildings you mention. If everything else is equal, I would go with the Alii Tower. It has a lounge with snacks and drinks all day. Also, its own private pool and check-in desk.

However, if you will be there on a Friday night, I would give the Rainbow Tower a slight edge for the fireworks viewing.

As for specific requests, I would ask for the Rainbow Tower corner room closest to Diamond Head. This would give you the best views over-all, as well as the fireworks and luau show, if you are there on Friday night. For the Alii Tower, I would ask for an ocean front room closest to the superpool.

Hope this helps!

nonutrix

Last edited by nonutrix; Dec 11, 2008 at 10:09 am
Old Dec 11, 2008, 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by nonutrix
Hope this helps!

nonutrix
this does help a lot! Thanks^

We will not be there on a Friday night. The corner rooms look so good (they have two balconies, don't they). But the special amenities of the Alii Tower are enticing too. Thank you for the advice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.