Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort {US-HI}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 22, 2014, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Canarsie
To jump to the year in which you would like to search, please click on one of the desired years shown below:

1999 | 2000 | 2001 | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014

Better yet, please feel free to add links to what you believe are portions of this discussion with important information about the Hilton Hawaiian Village® Beach Resort & Spa hotel property.

Please report any errors — such as broken links, for example — to the moderators of the Hilton | Hilton HHonors forum.

Thank you.
Print Wikipost

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort {US-HI}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2001, 1:43 pm

Programs: Many
Hilton Hawaiian Village on ALON award report

Just returned from a trip to Hawaii where I stayed six nights at HHV on an ALON award, 3 nights at the HWV on a paid stay, and 3 nights at the Orchid Mauna Lani (Starwood).

For the HHV ALON, I was upgraded to a one bedroom suite in the Tapa Tower, which gave a great view of the fireworks at Ala Moana Beach Park on July 4, flawed as they were.

All HHV would give me for breakfast coupons was one per day for myself. As has been reported by others in previous stays, no lounge or fitness access provided. My understanding is that the lounge at Kalia Tower is not open yet.

The AC in the hallways was non-existent, but the room's was fine. They stay was otherwise adequate.
Old Jul 16, 2001, 7:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I was there at the same time and got the breakfast coupons for my wife. She is a Gold VIP as well (Thanks to a certain promotion). Although I must say that they did not ask me for her hhonors number.
Old Jul 16, 2001, 7:58 pm

Programs: UA1k;HH Gold;MR Gold
I must be lucky- the few times I have had family memebers with me I have always gotten either bkfst coupons or loung access for all in the party
Old Jul 18, 2001, 7:50 am

Programs: FL, AA, DL
High-speed Internet at HHV?

Anyone have any experience with the high-speed Internet access at HHV? According to their web site...

"High-speed Internet access in over 200 Tapa Tower guest rooms and in all Kalia Tower guest rooms (scheduled to open May 2001)"

If I travel there at a standard rate as a gold VIP member, where would I typically get put? In one of those Towers with high-speed Internet access? Is this something you have to ask about in advance? Is it a standard $10/night charge? Seems like only a small subset of their rooms have the access.
Old Jul 19, 2001, 2:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The access I experienced was a Web TV type of connection that was not very fast $10 pd.
Old Jul 20, 2001, 12:28 am

I booked in the Vacation suites and was upgraded to Rainbow 701. Then booked in the Rainbow tower and was upgraded to same room. This room did have a great corner view, but no H.S. access only slow connection web tv for $10 p/dy and was kind of useless.
Old Jul 27, 2001, 10:50 am

executive lounge in the new tower in the HHV

Anyone been to the executive lounge in the new tower in the HHV? What's it like?
Old Jul 30, 2001, 12:04 am
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K 3MM
Look at my review of the Kalia Tower here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum81/HTML/001860.html
Old Jul 30, 2001, 5:16 am

Thanks, I read it awhile back, but I was hoping for a more updated review. Anyway, I just got back. The executive lounge in the new tower in the HHV is good for its view. The food was so-so. The last change in food that night probably gave me horrible indigestion that night. The morning was full. Had to fight for seating. I was wondering if everyone in the tower gets entry to the executive lounge? On the bright side is the spectacular view all around the lounge, but if you are lucky, you may already have the view from any number of hotel rooms.
Old Jul 30, 2001, 11:08 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, AA-PlatPro, B6-Mosaic
HHV prices

Hi, Everyone,

I would like to stay at the HHV next April, but the lowest price I can find is $220. Does anyone know where I can find better prices? Has anyone ever had luck booking HHV through Priceline, and would you earn HHonors points for the stay?

Thanks!
Aussiemate
Old Jul 31, 2001, 10:53 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA 2MM, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond
The July Best Fares magazine shows a rate of $209 with an automatic upgrade to ocean view category and continental breakfast for two using rate code PW. You can also use the United Airlines 50% off rack rate hotel certificates (you can find them in the Coupon Connection forum) but you won't get HHonors credit with them and you may find you're quoted 50% off an outrageous rack rate. The hotel often is listed in the weekend rates of www.travelweb.com and I've seen rates as low as $159. You will get HHonors credit if you use Travelweb but not Priceline.

------------------
Biggest Little 1K (in The Biggest Little City) In The World
Old Jul 31, 2001, 11:42 am

I have just booked a stay in Jan at the Hilton Vacation part for 135.00 a night(a studio) . Even cheaper if you have aarp or aaa.
Old Jul 31, 2001, 6:06 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, AA-PlatPro, B6-Mosaic
Thanks very much! I'll look into the $209 rate for the great view and breakfast. Then I can check last minute specials and travelweb a few weeks before I go. What great tips!
Aussiemate
Old Jul 31, 2001, 8:32 pm

For a Monday-Friday stay last March and for a Sunday-Friday stay upcoming in September, paid/paying $179/night. As a HH Gold, was upgraded to Ocean View last time and hopefully upcoming as well.

CS
Old Jul 31, 2001, 9:01 pm
Suspended

Try for AAA or Senior Citizen rates they never ask to see your card, or better still modify your stay dates if possible the 2 weeks before Easter, Easter week and possibly the week after are probably the busiest time of the year to visit Waikiki.
Mike

[This message has been edited by MIKESILV (edited 07-31-2001).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.