Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Instant Gold membership for Visa Signature cardholders

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Instant Gold membership for Visa Signature cardholders

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2011, 8:00 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Are the rules posted by bangkokiscool above the rules for this promotion or the general terms and conditions for a stay that earns points?

There's actually a Hilton in my hometown that is charging $43 "all in" for prepaid stays this summer. So I guess if I fall short on stays I could check in there once or twice.
Old Jun 9, 2011, 8:23 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by jphripjah
Are the rules posted by bangkokiscool above the rules for this promotion or the general terms and conditions for a stay that earns points?

There's actually a Hilton in my hometown that is charging $43 "all in" for prepaid stays this summer. So I guess if I fall short on stays I could check in there once or twice.
The post in question is just the general rules defining a stay. Post # 29 has the T&C for the promotion.
Old Jun 9, 2011, 9:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by BonusLover
Did your bonus 5,000 post immediately?
I signed up last night and the bonus hasn't hit yet but it's only been 24 hours. I am sure it will be in my account by midweek next week. Hilton is pretty good about posting points on promos quickly.
Old Jun 9, 2011, 10:44 pm

Programs: AC E, Priority Club Plat, Hyatt Plat
Thanks

Thanks OP. Work with my Canadian Avion Infinite Visa ^
Old Jun 10, 2011, 2:38 am

Programs: IC Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, HH Diamond
I can't find anything about having to pay with the Visa Signature for the stays in the T&C on the sign-up page:

"Hilton HHonors Member must register by August 31, 2011 with their valid U.S.-issued Visa Signature card at www.hhonors.com/visasignature. Hilton HHonors Members with Blue or Silver status or Gold members not currently participating in another fast track offer will receive HHonors Gold Elite status at the time of registration valid through August 31, 2011. By completing three qualifying stays at any participating hotel and resort in the Hilton Worldwide portfolio by August 31, 2011, Member will retain HHonors Gold Elite status through March 31, 2013. Thereafter, standard requirements must be met to maintain HHonors Gold Elite status. If Member does not complete three qualifying stays prior to August 31, 2011, Member will return to their former HHonors tier status after August 31, 2011, and standard tier requirements again apply. Offer available only to valid U.S.-issued Visa Signature cardholders and is not transferable. Full details of HHonors Gold Elite Membership will be mailed to Member after completing three qualified stays prior to August 31, 2011, or click here to HHonors Gold Elite benefits are subject to availability and may vary at each hotel. This offer may be terminated without notice.

Hilton HHonors™ membership, earning of Points & Miles™, and redemption of Points are subject to HHonors Terms and Conditions.

©2011 Hilton Worldwide"
Old Jun 10, 2011, 4:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Originally Posted by Mora
I can't find anything about having to pay with the Visa Signature for the stays in the T&C on the sign-up page:

"Hilton HHonors Member must register by August 31, 2011 with their valid U.S.-issued Visa Signature card at www.hhonors.com/visasignature. Hilton HHonors Members with Blue or Silver status or Gold members not currently participating in another fast track offer will receive HHonors Gold Elite status at the time of registration valid through August 31, 2011. By completing three qualifying stays at any participating hotel and resort in the Hilton Worldwide portfolio by August 31, 2011, Member will retain HHonors Gold Elite status through March 31, 2013. Thereafter, standard requirements must be met to maintain HHonors Gold Elite status. If Member does not complete three qualifying stays prior to August 31, 2011, Member will return to their former HHonors tier status after August 31, 2011, and standard tier requirements again apply. Offer available only to valid U.S.-issued Visa Signature cardholders and is not transferable. Full details of HHonors Gold Elite Membership will be mailed to Member after completing three qualified stays prior to August 31, 2011, or click here to HHonors Gold Elite benefits are subject to availability and may vary at each hotel. This offer may be terminated without notice.

Hilton HHonors™ membership, earning of Points & Miles™, and redemption of Points are subject to HHonors Terms and Conditions.

©2011 Hilton Worldwide"
But, the requirement IS posted at least two other places, including the FAQ page and the signup confirmation page. On the latter, it states:

Congratulations!

You now have HHonors Gold membership through August 31, 2011. You can immediately take advantage of Gold benefits at any of the 3,700 hotels and resorts in the Hilton Worldwide portfolio. To extend your Gold membership through March 31, 2013, simply complete three stays using your Visa Signature card by August 31, 2011.
(Bolding mine)

The first thing I did after I registered and got my Gold back (had dropped down to Silver and was hoping for an offer like this to come along, i.e., something better than the "regular" Fast Track back to Gold deals such as the MVP offer ) was to edit my HHonors profile and add my Visa Sig card as my preferred credit card. @:-)
Old Jun 10, 2011, 5:09 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by KathyWdrf
But, the requirement IS posted at least two other places, including the FAQ page and the signup confirmation page. On the latter, it states:

(Bolding mine)

The first thing I did after I registered and got my Gold back (had dropped down to Silver and was hoping for an offer like this to come along, i.e., something better than the "regular" Fast Track back to Gold deals such as the MVP offer ) was to edit my HHonors profile and add my Visa Sig card as my preferred credit card. @:-)
Same boat, did same thing. And if i stay out of the country will use it -- inside, likely will use b/c the loss in points from HHonors AMEX (which I basically use to pay Internet and Celluar) is more than compensated by renewal of status.
Old Jun 10, 2011, 6:53 am

Programs: UA Plat, SPG Gold, HH Gold, Priority Club Platinum, Hertz #1 Gold Club
It worked with my United Signiture Visa but didnt say anything about getting 5000 points if your already gold
Old Jun 10, 2011, 8:21 am

Programs: *Gold+Silver HHGold CCGold IHGPlatAmb
Thank you OP!
Needed some detouring to get registered, finally worked though! Plus 5k points would be superb.
Made my vacation in Canada golden as my breakfast is for free now.^
Old Jun 10, 2011, 9:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: WN CP, SPG Gold, National Exec
I sent an email to HHonors asking if we were required to use the Visa Signature for the 3 stays. Here is the relevant info from the reply:

You must use the Visa Signature card or the stays wont register to Visa.
Old Jun 10, 2011, 10:56 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by no0neelse
I sent an email to HHonors asking if we were required to use the Visa Signature for the 3 stays. Here is the relevant info from the reply:
Yup, that's true.

You must use the Visa Signature card or the stays wont register to Visa.
You must use your Visa Signature Card or you won't get a bill for the charges from Visa.

Response states nothing but the obvious.
Old Jun 10, 2011, 12:12 pm

Programs: SPG, HH, Avis, United
I wish we could get the same number of people angry when the U.S. dollar gets debased.
Old Jun 10, 2011, 1:11 pm

Location: Since the BoSox and ChiSox won it, now it is the Cubs turn to take the Series. Go Cubs Go!
Originally Posted by askjeffro
I wish we could get the same number of people angry when the U.S. dollar gets debased.
As a loyal Hilton HHonors member, I think this promo is designed to attract new customers to Hilton, so I understand the reasoning for it. Debasement of the US dollar is outrageous, and it has no real benefits for Americans except to make us poorer relative to other nations and peoples.
Old Jun 10, 2011, 1:39 pm

Location: Since the BoSox and ChiSox won it, now it is the Cubs turn to take the Series. Go Cubs Go!
I assume all rates booked on the Hilton site, such as AAA, pre-paid, AARP, Team Advantage, etc. qualify for this promo as long as they are paid for with a Visa Signature card?
Old Jun 10, 2011, 3:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by askjeffro
Why? I can earn points&perks on the cheap here and get a great value redeeming outside US. I like "debased" dollar.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.