Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Instant Gold membership for Visa Signature cardholders

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Instant Gold membership for Visa Signature cardholders

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2011, 10:26 pm

Programs: UA Silv; Hyatt Plat, Priority Club, SPG G, HHonors G, Marriott S; Hertz 5*; AA, WN, Pan Am!
Originally Posted by Onewhoknows
I had the same issue.
Sent Email to CS. Mail came back from Supervisor.
"regained" Gold status till 2013 as sign of "customer appreciation".
Happy.
Just heard back on my CS email: First email came back "In reviewing your account we show that your stays were paid with a Mastercard and not the signature Visa. To qualify for this offer your stays had to be paid with your Visa signature."

Followed up asking where in the T&C (which I had attached to the original email) that stipulation existed, since I actually read the T&C to see if that was a requirement. That elicited the "service gesture" upgrade to meet the original offer. I guess that gets them out of re-bonusing the stays I've had since they knocked me back down to Silver.

My Rez in MSY when I checked in yesterday showed, but my invoice under my door this morning showed Gold.
Old Nov 16, 2011, 8:48 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA 1k.
Originally Posted by Onewhoknows
I had the same issue.
Sent Email to CS. Mail came back from Supervisor.
"regained" Gold status till 2013 as sign of "customer appreciation".
Happy.
You guys must be lucky. I've had terrible experience with Honors CS (or the lack thereof).

I emailed the supervisor I spoke with at the end of Oct twice (she asked for a copy of T&C), she never replied.

I then spoke again today with a CS, she went on and on how T&C says to use Visa. Even after I emailed her a copy of T&C. Finally, she transferred me to a supervisor's voice mail.

I've tried to be patient but am at this point getting really frustrated with their poor customer service and all the run-arounds. If it does not get resolved soon I'll go to small claims to get the money back I spent on those three Hilton stays.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.