Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Instant Gold membership for Visa Signature cardholders

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Instant Gold membership for Visa Signature cardholders

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2011, 10:10 pm

I called in twice to confirm the March 2013 Expiration. The first time the agent could not find any expiration information. The second agent went through a series of questions and asked if I was on a special promotion. She found the promotion and saw the three stays, and said I was Gold thorugh into 2012. I said it was March 2013. She then said the expiration was March or April of 2013. I wonder if they actually see the expiration date in the account, or have to calculate it by looking at the promotion, and then compare the stays.

Let see if we all show Gold on September 1.
Old Aug 31, 2011, 10:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP 4MM, Piper Dakota, Admirals Club, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Gold, Wyndham Diamond
3 Stays, got gold through 3/2013. Thank you OP^
Old Sep 1, 2011, 8:19 am

Programs: UA 1K MM
Showing gold on Sept 1. And I didn't even have to call...
Old Sep 1, 2011, 8:32 am

Originally Posted by mander
I called, but I don't think it mattered. With my two agents it appeared that they could not actually see a date. The second agent reviewed a few items, saw the promotion and rattled off a 2012 expiration. When I said it goes to March 2013, she then said my expiration is either March or April of 2013.
Old Sep 1, 2011, 10:11 am

Programs: AA, DL, UA, IHG, HHonors
I don't think they've done the downgrading yet, as I didn't stay 3x but my bf did.. and both of us still show Gold, when mine shouldn't..
Old Sep 1, 2011, 12:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Mine still shows Gold, I am hoping it lasts through the end of the year as I have some stays planned down the road. If not, no harm, no foul.
Old Sep 1, 2011, 12:46 pm

Programs: AA, SWA, CO, UA, PC Plat, HH Gold, SPG
I wouldn't get too excited - I've never stayed at a Hilton and I still show gold today.
Old Sep 1, 2011, 5:28 pm

Programs: AA LifeTime PLT (2.982 MM, But 3MM+ Total), HHonors GOLD, IHG AMB
Originally Posted by bj2757
I wouldn't get too excited - I've never stayed at a Hilton and I still show gold today.
So you're saying all we had to do was stay at an IC, but cancel it, become a Platinum through PC anyway, and then we would still be Gold at Hilton by doing nuttin', huh? Gee, wish I knew that trick. @:-)

Spock Seat

Last edited by Spock Seat; Sep 1, 2011 at 5:34 pm
Old Sep 1, 2011, 9:26 pm

Originally Posted by bj2757
They seem to have an antiquated system. Maybe they do a sweep once a week or a few times a month. When I spoke on the phone it seemed that they were reading through the details of the promotion and looking at my actual stays, and mentally calculating rather than an automated process showing or calculating the expiration date.
Old Sep 2, 2011, 11:26 am

Programs: IC Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, HH Diamond
Hush....sshhh...you all surely don't want to wake up the Hilton IT guys, right
Old Sep 5, 2011, 1:14 am

Programs: Bonvoyed LT Platinum, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by took
Registered, did the three stays, and FORGOT to pay with Sig Visa! Aaaagh. Now I'll have to get 8 more stays this year. I feel so silly.
I thought I'd made the same mistake, but then I checked the T&C's and there is no mention of mandatory use of the Visa Sig card, only the stay requirements. Promos with other chains I've participated in clearly state the requirement to use a specific card.
Old Sep 6, 2011, 6:15 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, IHG PA, Hilton Sucks, Hyatt Discoverist
I didn't do the 3 stays in time, but I still show gold, so yesterday I called.

Apparently, according to the CSR I spoke to, after I failed to make 3 stays in time, my status turned into a kind of MVP fast-track. So I now have 90 days from my August 9th registration to accumulate 4 (not 3) stays to get gold. But throughout this 90-day period, I retain this complimentary gold status. Thus, I have gold until November 9th.

Which is cool, seeing that my only foreseeable Hilton stay coming up is in mid-October.

Maybe somebody else wants to call in and confirm...
Old Sep 6, 2011, 9:29 am

Programs: AA LifeTime PLT (2.982 MM, But 3MM+ Total), HHonors GOLD, IHG AMB
So.....If none of us call, everyone is Gold but won't know when their expiration date is because it's not on the website....

But now, some have 'til November too....'cuz they forgot to use the card?

My ears.....they are pointing up and I can't get them to go down.

Spock Seat. :-:
Old Sep 6, 2011, 10:57 am

Originally Posted by Mora
Hush....sshhh...you all surely don't want to wake up the Hilton IT guys guy, right
Fixed it for you.

I have 0 stays, but my Ghetto Gold status is still showing online.
Old Sep 6, 2011, 1:22 pm

It is a well known fact that Hilton IT is handled by a lone marmot, and he's currently on vacation. Maybe he'll get to it before hibernation season ...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.