Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Instant Gold membership for Visa Signature cardholders

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Instant Gold membership for Visa Signature cardholders

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2011, 5:04 pm

Originally Posted by msp2msy
Anyone else having problems with the page:

www.hhonors.com/visasignature

Right below the "Your Visa Card" where I presumably enter the card #, it says "Unexpected error occurred while processing your" and the remainder is clipped.

I've tried Chrome, IE, and Firefox on a PC. And Firefox on a mac.

Was about to sign up and start booking my 3 stays...

To receive Gold benefits, the T&C indicate I must register first so I'm kind of held up!

I guess it's down again because all I see is a picture of a Visa card where I guess you enter you card number.
Old Aug 7, 2011, 3:23 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus Gold
Want To extend gold HH

I got gold through new visa card and am struggling to complete the 16 stays or other options by end of 2011 . Will this offer do it for me?
Old Aug 7, 2011, 4:11 pm

Programs: AA (1MM), Marriott (LT Gold)
Can anyone with an award stay who paid incidentals with their Visa
Signature credit card confirm whether or not the stay was treated as a qualifying stay under this promo?

I saw one report that a CSR had claimed that award stays did not qualify for this promo, but I'm interested in how the promo is actually being applied.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 11:42 am

Programs: AA (1MM), Marriott (LT Gold)
Originally Posted by ExitRowAisle
Can anyone with an award stay who paid incidentals with their Visa
Signature credit card confirm whether or not the stay was treated as a qualifying stay under this promo?

I saw one report that a CSR had claimed that award stays did not qualify for this promo, but I'm interested in how the promo is actually being applied.
Anyone?
Old Aug 11, 2011, 12:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
No one really knows...

It appears to common ground in this thread that award stays do not qualify regardless whether or not incidentals have been incurred and paid for by Visa Sign. card
Old Aug 11, 2011, 6:39 pm

Programs: AA, DL, UA, IHG, HHonors
Originally Posted by ExitRowAisle
Anyone?
I should know in 10 days, after 2 paid stays and 1 incidental-only...
Old Aug 11, 2011, 8:09 pm

Programs: AA PLAT (2.8MM), DL Diamond, UA*S, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTE, Hilton DIAMOND, IHG PLT
Made 3 stays in july... got my new 'gold' card... with an expiration of this month... called HHonors and was told that was a mistake and I was gold through 2013... I should get a new card soon.

Anyone else get another 'gold' card expiring at the end of this one (I got one a few months ago).
Old Aug 11, 2011, 8:12 pm

Originally Posted by utpharmdoc
Made 3 stays in july... got my new 'gold' card... with an expiration of this month... called HHonors and was told that was a mistake and I was gold through 2013... I should get a new card soon.

Anyone else get another 'gold' card expiring at the end of this one (I got one a few months ago).
Did you pay for your stay with a registered Visa Signature Card?
Old Aug 13, 2011, 7:06 pm

Programs: AA PLAT (2.8MM), DL Diamond, UA*S, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTE, Hilton DIAMOND, IHG PLT
Yes I did... all 3 of them
Old Aug 18, 2011, 7:54 am

Anyone else not get their 5000 points? I signed the wife and myself up a week ago Saturday and still no points.
Old Aug 18, 2011, 12:44 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Do we have to use the same VISA Signature card that we used for registration on this promotion? I registered with the AA Citi but would like to use my Chase Sapphire Preferred for my upcoming stays at a Hampton Inn.
Old Aug 18, 2011, 12:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AA Novice
Anyone else not get their 5000 points? I signed the wife and myself up a week ago Saturday and still no points.
Yes, received 5000 points the same day I signed up.

When you signed up, did the webpage tell that you would get 5000 points? Pls note that you will not get the points unless you have already qualified to have your status extended to 3/2013.
Old Aug 18, 2011, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Jimgotkp
Do we have to use the same VISA Signature card that we used for registration on this promotion? I registered with the AA Citi but would like to use my Chase Sapphire Preferred for my upcoming stays at a Hampton Inn.
No. Any VISA Sign. card will do the trick...
Old Aug 18, 2011, 9:40 pm

i accidentally paid with a non-visa card and then got it changed later to be charged on a visa...anyone have thoughts on whether this will be okay? a bit concerned as my online folio still shows it being charged to a non-visa (although my actual charge is on a visa)
Old Aug 19, 2011, 8:45 am

Programs: Hilton/Marriott Gold
Oh crap. I just realized that I need to pay with my Visa Signature card. Anyone have any luck with obtaining the extended till 2013 status without paying with the Visa Signature? I'm a big traveler with my job and am about to complete 3 stays in 2 weeks and will qualify, will have a lot more coming up. I am forced to pay with AMEX though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.