Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Instant Gold membership for Visa Signature cardholders

Instant Gold membership for Visa Signature cardholders

Old Jul 17, 11, 11:03 pm

Programs: UA Gold
Would it be possible to book a quick $100 meeting to obtain the "nights?" Has anyone thought about this or anything? Also, how many nights do you receive from booking a $100.00 meeting?
Old Jul 18, 11, 9:34 am

Programs: AA Plat, SPG/Marriot Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Expl
Is there anywhere on hhonors.com or elsewhere to monitor your progress towards the Gold status extension thru 2/2012? I know it's just three stays, but it would be nice to see them "register" somewhere. As it is now, I don't even see anywhere to double-check if I'm registered (which I know I am), similar to Delta's page where you can track what promos you've registered for.
Old Jul 18, 11, 10:45 am

Originally Posted by akcae View Post
Is there anywhere on hhonors.com or elsewhere to monitor your progress towards the Gold status extension thru 2/2012? I know it's just three stays, but it would be nice to see them "register" somewhere. As it is now, I don't even see anywhere to double-check if I'm registered (which I know I am), similar to Delta's page where you can track what promos you've registered for.
I don't think I've ever seen any type of progress bar when you're enrolled in promotions. You just have to follow the normal stay/night counter on the left hand nav and trust that you are enrolled.

For what it's worth, I haven't had any issues with my challenges or promotions being fulfilled once I completed the required stays/nights.
Old Jul 20, 11, 2:27 am

Programs: AA
I registered for this promotion and have already had one stay at the LV Hilton. I have an upcoming reservation for four nights at the Bethesda Doubletree. If I pay for the first and last nights with a Visa signature and the middle two nights with a Hilton Amex, would that count as two eligible stays with regards to the promotion? Or does it require that I check out sometime between the two VS nights? It'd be nice to get it over with.

Or, does anyone know if it's possible to make separate reservations but then have them be "merged" once I arrive and check in and not have to switch rooms each time but count as separate stays?
Old Jul 20, 11, 4:37 pm

Programs: WN CP & A+, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, National EE, Delta Gold
Going to give this a try - currently (and have been for years) a Hyatt Diamond Member!
Old Jul 20, 11, 7:05 pm

Programs: DL, UA, AA (airline status-free leisure traveler), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by peajc View Post
I registered for this promotion and have already had one stay at the LV Hilton. I have an upcoming reservation for four nights at the Bethesda Doubletree. If I pay for the first and last nights with a Visa signature and the middle two nights with a Hilton Amex, would that count as two eligible stays with regards to the promotion? Or does it require that I check out sometime between the two VS nights? It'd be nice to get it over with.

Or, does anyone know if it's possible to make separate reservations but then have them be "merged" once I arrive and check in and not have to switch rooms each time but count as separate stays?
No. Yes. No. Welcome to FT!!
Old Jul 20, 11, 9:23 pm

Ay yi! I guess I'll have to go to Vegas again then or keep an eye out on local rooms. Too bad San Diego is such a tourist destination in the summer. Thanks for the welcome!
Old Jul 21, 11, 8:32 am

Programs: DL, UA, AA (airline status-free leisure traveler), HH Diamond
HGI in Bethesda

Ay yi! I guess I'll have to go to Vegas again then or keep an eye out on local rooms. Too bad San Diego is such a tourist destination in the summer. Thanks for the welcome!
Hilton.com shows a Hilton Garden Inn .6 miles from the Bethesda Doubletree. How about bouncing back and forth between those two hotels each night? I know that it may sound like a funky process at first, but the more time that you spend on FT the more that you realize that it is a pretty common practice around here.
Old Jul 22, 11, 8:49 am

I stayed 3 times with my VISA signature card (AA citi credit card), and I want to confirm whether Hilton will extend my gold status to 2013. Right now, they did not extend my gold, I don't know when they will do that. I used email to contact with Hilton, the first response told me only two of the three stays were paid with VISA , actually all the three were paid with VISA. I relpied with my statement, and the second reply told me all the three were paid with VISA, but the promotionis between July 15 to Oct 31. I replied to them with the right terms and conditions of VISA signature. The third response told me if I did not get my gold extended to 2013, I have to contact VISA myself. This is Hilton?
Old Jul 22, 11, 9:12 am

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by xybsh View Post
I stayed 3 times with my VISA signature card (AA citi credit card), and I want to confirm whether Hilton will extend my gold status to 2013. Right now, they did not extend my gold, I don't know when they will do that. I used email to contact with Hilton, the first response told me only two of the three stays were paid with VISA , actually all the three were paid with VISA. I relpied with my statement, and the second reply told me all the three were paid with VISA, but the promotionis between July 15 to Oct 31. I replied to them with the right terms and conditions of VISA signature. The third response told me if I did not get my gold extended to 2013, I have to contact VISA myself. This is Hilton?
I suggest to be patient and take this up w/ HH if your HH Gold turns out NOT to have been extended next year. There is no reason to take this up in advance and to get frustrated w/ different answers - you will most likely not be able to get anything confirmed by now. If you are sure you have met the qualifying conditions, then relax and forget about it until March 2012.
Old Jul 22, 11, 6:00 pm

Programs: UA, AA, SPG
Originally Posted by SK AAR View Post
Maybe this had been answered before, but are Point Stretcher stays considered "qualifying stays" if you pay for incidentals with yr Visa Signt. card?
I have a similar question -- whether points & cash stays would count for this promo. Would appreciate if anyone has first-hand knowledge...
Old Jul 22, 11, 11:22 pm

Originally Posted by loomis View Post
Hilton.com shows a Hilton Garden Inn .6 miles from the Bethesda Doubletree. How about bouncing back and forth between those two hotels each night? I know that it may sound like a funky process at first, but the more time that you spend on FT the more that you realize that it is a pretty common practice around here.
I would definitely do this if I was alone or with my boyfriend but the friends I'm traveling with would almost certainly not want to do this. In fact, when we were booking the trip they balked at the price of airfare and I asked them if they had any miles they could use. One makes regular flights to japan and the other had just taken a trip to Turkey. They both said they didn't do miles programs which made me They don't think like we do! Thank you for the suggestion though!
Old Jul 22, 11, 11:31 pm

for anyone that forgot to charge their stay on the correct visa card, you can call the hotel and have them charge it to the proper card later (probably easier to do sooner after the stay than later)
Old Jul 23, 11, 9:23 am

Programs: Anything CC gives me
I would definitely do this if I was alone or with my boyfriend but the friends I'm traveling with would almost certainly not want to do this. In fact, when we were booking the trip they balked at the price of airfare and I asked them if they had any miles they could use. One makes regular flights to japan and the other had just taken a trip to Turkey. They both said they didn't do miles programs which made me They don't think like we do! Thank you for the suggestion though!
Per Gary: http://boardingarea.com/blogs/viewfr...-are-worth-it/
Old Jul 23, 11, 9:47 am

Programs: UA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Am Hilton Gold on the first year of the AMEX card. I registered, had three stays (two MVP rates, one senior rate), all paid with the Visa Signature card. I called this morning because I couldn't figure out where to find my expiration. I was extended to March 31, 2013 as of today. Yes!

I love FT! I would have never known about MVP or this promo without you.
(I'm saving my points for the Maldives and wouldn't have known about AXON awards without you. Of course, I'm hoping they will let me book either two AXON back to back or AXON and gold rewards. Just another 100k to go!)

Search this Thread
Search Engine: