Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Helsinki Kalastajatorppa {FIN}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Helsinki Kalastajatorppa {FIN}

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2011, 8:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by Timelord
Read the reviews on Trip Advisor thought it was going to be a really good hotel. After reviewing my credit card statements they double charged me on my meals. I emailed them to correct this and they wouldn't respond. I have a Chase Presidential card from Continental and I called them to dispute the charge.. Wow, the next day I got an email from this hotel stating they double charged and would credit me back. No apology or anything. Was not impressed, but very impressed with Chase!
They were probably just replying to your email. CC chargebacks take several days to go through to the property level. Nothing happens in a day.

You probably should have escalated this through Hilton first - very easy to do by email. That might have got you some extra points.
Old Sep 13, 2011, 9:02 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Premier PLT, Hilton Honors, Diamond, Priority Club - Platinum, SPG Platinum
Emailed

Originally Posted by holtju2
They were probably just replying to your email. CC chargebacks take several days to go through to the property level. Nothing happens in a day.

You probably should have escalated this through Hilton first - very easy to do by email. That might have got you some extra points.
I actually waited for a week for the property to respond.. Next time I will try and escalate through Hilton first. Thx for the advice..
Old Mar 26, 2015, 10:24 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
I was surprised to only find this old thread after digging quite a while. "Kalastatorppa" did not produce any hits on FT search.

It is many years I have stayed here and I had bad impression from those times. Now I felt my room was newly renovated and the lobby was nice, breakfast too. I am not sure if you got some sort of upgrade as Silver. Corner room on 6th floor with sea view (partial view, trees blocking)
Old May 30, 2016, 10:11 am

Programs: AA PLAT (2.8MM), DL Diamond, UA*S, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTE, Hilton DIAMOND, IHG PLT
anyone been to this property recently?
Old Dec 6, 2016, 6:05 am

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Bonvoy Gold, HH Diamond, PriorityPass, AX Plat
Yet another stay at Kalastajatorppa completed today as a HHonors Diamond. As a family (2 adults and 1 child) the only online bookable room is Family Room (basic room with twin beds), and at earlier visits we have been upgraded to King Deluxe Seaview rooms, the only difference being a better view and a slightly more modern room. I haven't bothered to ask for a better upgrade though these upgrades haven't been anything special.

This time the hotel was extremely empty, but no love given at the front desk. I had checked-in online for a Family Room (no other alternatives given), and Family Room was what we were given (not even a King Deluxe Seaview as before). After I asked if we were really not going to be given a Diamond upgrade, the agent acted surprised, and gave us a Junior Suite instead. As the hotel doesn't have a lounge there were two bottles of Veen water and a small bottle of Sangre de Toro red wine in the room as an amenity.

As usual, we had a good dinner at the restaurant Meritorppa, service was excellent and food tasty. We enjoyed a morning swim in the pool and a good breakfast at an almost empty restaurant Oceania (they make an ok Eggs Benedict).

Hardware-wise, the rooms in the main building show their age and need an upgrade asap. Service is friendly, but the elite benefits (upgrade) should not need to be asked for. I like the location of the hotel, and at attractive rates it is a nice place for a staycation a few times of the year (we live about 5kms from the hotel).
Old Dec 6, 2016, 11:40 am

Programs: AY, BT, DY and SK. Scandic, Radisson, Marriott and HHonors. ClubONE
Originally Posted by vulle
Yet another stay at Kalastajatorppa completed today as a HHonors Diamond. As a family (2 adults and 1 child) the only online bookable room is Family Room (basic room with twin beds), and at earlier visits we have been upgraded to King Deluxe Seaview rooms, the only difference being a better view and a slightly more modern room. I haven't bothered to ask for a better upgrade though these upgrades haven't been anything special.

This time the hotel was extremely empty, but no love given at the front desk. I had checked-in online for a Family Room (no other alternatives given), and Family Room was what we were given (not even a King Deluxe Seaview as before). After I asked if we were really not going to be given a Diamond upgrade, the agent acted surprised, and gave us a Junior Suite instead. As the hotel doesn't have a lounge there were two bottles of Veen water and a small bottle of Sangre de Toro red wine in the room as an amenity.

As usual, we had a good dinner at the restaurant Meritorppa, service was excellent and food tasty. We enjoyed a morning swim in the pool and a good breakfast at an almost empty restaurant Oceania (they make an ok Eggs Benedict).

Hardware-wise, the rooms in the main building show their age and need an upgrade asap. Service is friendly, but the elite benefits (upgrade) should not need to be asked for. I like the location of the hotel, and at attractive rates it is a nice place for a staycation a few times of the year (we live about 5kms from the hotel).
Do they again make eggs to order without extra charge?
Old Dec 6, 2016, 12:19 pm

I have stayed there a few times (usually on weekends to break up a longer stay at the Strand in Helsinki. vulle is right, the Front Desk at this hotel is completely apathetic to Hilton Diamonds and the reception staff are quite cold and impersonal.

I have always been upgraded to the sea view rooms but once had a room just under the restaurant and it was awfully noisy at night with kids running around and waiters banging crockery until late at night.

As far as I recall, my made to order egg-white omelette did not incur any extra charge.
Old Dec 6, 2016, 1:48 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Bonvoy Gold, HH Diamond, PriorityPass, AX Plat
Originally Posted by tsastor
Do they again make eggs to order without extra charge?
We've never paid extra for eggs ordered.
Old Dec 7, 2016, 10:15 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
While no great recognition as Diamond, and the rooms showing their age, I have been always given seaview room and I have started to like this property staying there increasingly more often. Just for the surroundings and feel of it. No lounge though, so Strand is an option and just renovated. Hilton airport I use only for pyjama-landings/departures
Old Feb 12, 2017, 1:11 pm

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
Stayed here and was upgraded from standard to seaview room as diamond. In the room was two bottles of water, a small bottle red wine and a pätkis-bar. The diamond amenity felt very cheap (like they had an intern go to the store to buy something quickly) but apart from that was pleased with the stay - breakfast was very good.
Old Feb 12, 2017, 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by Gnopps
The diamond amenity felt very cheap (like they had an intern go to the store to buy something quickly)....
At least you got something, but I do not recall getting anything at all. Ditto for the airport Hilton.
Old May 22, 2017, 2:18 pm
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
Originally Posted by Gnopps
Stayed here and was upgraded from standard to seaview room as diamond. In the room was two bottles of water, a small bottle red wine and a pätkis-bar. . . . breakfast was very good.
Agreed-also upgraded to a seaview room which seem to be modern/updated enough. Grounds are pleasant. Location was ok for what I needed. I would go back again, especially for 111 Euro weekend rate I was on.
Old May 24, 2017, 4:19 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Originally Posted by ksen22
At least you got something, but I do not recall getting anything at all. Ditto for the airport Hilton.
Originally Posted by BlondeBomber
Agreed-also upgraded to a seaview room which seem to be modern/updated enough. Grounds are pleasant. Location was ok for what I needed. I would go back again, especially for 111 Euro weekend rate I was on.
Same here - used old points&money 12,000 HH + 45 euros, sadly no more

I got a more substantial chocolate bar than the previous poster too

Breakfast was excellent, and the lake (which was frozen at the time) was beautiful
Old May 24, 2017, 10:28 am

Programs: AY, BT, DY and SK. Scandic, Radisson, Marriott and HHonors. ClubONE
Originally Posted by :D!
Breakfast was excellent, and the lake (which was frozen at the time) was beautiful
I know most people couldn't care less but it is a bay of the Baltic Sea, not a lake.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 5:03 am

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
Really enjoyed my stay here. Upgraded to a lake view room, which had a beautiful view.

Property showing it's age, but well maintained, has a relaxing resort-style feeling. Rooms are large, facilities are clean, nice sauna though it could've been hotter. Pool is pretty small. Breakfast was excellent! Seriously one of the best I've had at a Hilton. A varied buffet with tons of options. The surrounding area around the hotel is really nice to walk around. Feels like the countryside, not the city.

It's about 30 minutes from the center of Helsinki by tram, the stop is a 5-minute walk from the hotel.
BlondeBomber and tsastor like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.