Hilton Mexico City Airport {MEX}

Old Jan 27, 1999, 5:54 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Arrow Hilton Mexico City Airport {MEX}

Canadian flight 108 from Toronto to MEX arrives at 2am (Canadian = loosers... how inconvenient!!!). Instead of going to my friend's house at 3am, I usually stay over at the Airport Marriott and catch a taxi to his home the next day. The rates for the hotel have been systematically rising and, at this time, the cheapest available is $250 a night. Taking into consideration all the aspects of the property, it would be fair to say that 250 is just too much (this is not the Marquis...). The rates for the Hilton at the airports are significantly lower and the rates for the Fiesta Americana Aeropuerto, in turn, are more affordable than the Hilton rates.

Has anyone ever stayed at either of the 2?? How was your stay?
Old Feb 3, 1999, 2:28 am
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
In 1998 I have stayed in both, but always paid weekend-rates (Friday to Sunday): Marriott US$125 and Hilton US$117. Both are very (airport) convenient (Hilton being in the airport, Marriott over the short bridge), Marriott has the better fitness installations (swimming pool), Hilton just a few machines in a small room.

I often don't take a taxi, but the metro, which is, even compared with western standards, clean, efficient, and very cheap. And, if I believe the statistics, less crime than with taxis.

In general the new part of MEX airport has improved a lot and matches now many modern (N-) western counterparts.
Old Feb 3, 1999, 2:32 am
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
If I would arrive at 2AM, on workdays, with the high hotel-rates, I would profit from the good traffic-situation and take a taxi to a luxury hotel (my choice would be either the Marquis, the Four Seasons or the $Camino Real = the former headquarters of the Olympic Committee during the games, and the prices are not higher than at the airport).
Old Apr 21, 2003, 4:46 pm

Hilton - Mexico City Airport

Has anyone stayed in the Hilton at the Mexico City Airport? Is it a good place? How is the lunge? How do they treat HH Gold members?
Old Apr 21, 2003, 6:13 pm

Location: Only Delta Silver I'm trying to stay at home more :) Hilton Diamond, Starwood Gold
It’s located right in the MEX airport so you don’t have to go outside or take a cab. The rooms were OK but nothing special. I'm a Diamond and every time I’ve had to debate with them to give me a breakfast coupon. I’ve stayed there 4 or 5 times as it is very convenient for my business when in Mexico City. The bell men will set up a safe cab or car service for the day which I use. The restaurant is pretty good and the service excellent. They don't have a lounge (that I know of) but they do have a good lobby bar!

------------------
Old Apr 22, 2003, 9:23 am

Been there multiple times! Tremendously convenient. Service was always good. Rooms spacious and nice. Never had to ask for breakfast coupon --always provided.
No Lounge, but a Lobby Bar. They have a Business Center and a "health Club".

Diamond VIP
Old Aug 18, 2003, 1:41 pm

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
I'm in it right now. It is convenient, but I don't like it at all as far as the hotel is concerned. The cheapest room costs about $ 165 incl. tax. They have no lounge ("this hotel is too small for that"). The room was somewhat dirty when I came in (used McDonald's napkin in the drawer). The room they gave me (I'm HH Gold) is supposedly on the "executive floor". However, it faces a busy part of the airport terminal and there is a lot of noise from the outside. The room itself is standard, not good or bad (bathtub).

Well, they have high-speed Internet connections in the rooms. Unfortunately it didn't work when I checked in and it took about 2 hours and several visits from the (friendly) guy from the reception (I think he is the concierge at the same time or something) to get it to work. Oh, and I had to buy a cable for $ 10 - first time I have seen that in a Hilton hotel. And the price for 24 hours? A whopping 350 pesos which is about $ 35.

I feel that charging people $ 45 for Internet access when they already pay $ 165 for the room is a ripoff.

Well, maybe I am just cranky because I just have a night of bad experiences with Mexicana and without sleep behind me .
Old Aug 19, 2003, 12:11 am

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
Just to expand on my experience here - the minibar is locked. The bathtub doesn't hold the water. I just tried to order something from the room service (it says they have late-night service) and nobody picked up the phone. So I called the front desk and got told that "they are closed, they are washing the dishes now because nobody ordered something".
Old Aug 19, 2003, 1:26 am

Just went down to the airport terminal to have a snack. They are doing some works or something there and using some chemicals - debilitating smell...coming all the way up to the room, too...I won't stay here again. Does anyone have any recommendations for boutique hotels near the center?
Old Aug 19, 2003, 5:58 am

Attorney,

it's too bad you're having such a terrible experience at the Mexico City Airport Hilton. I did stay there for one night in May and didn't have a bad experience. My room was fine though it had no view. It also didn't have a high speed internet connection. But the front desk let me use their computers in a small business centre just off the lobby and they waived the charge for use. The staff were very pleasant. As a Gold HH I wasn't given a free breakfast coupon but I slept in and then just went down the escalator to get a quick breakfast from Starbucks so I wasn't concerned. My room was comfortable, clean and very acceptable. I would stay there again if I was arriving late at night and leaving by lunchtime the next day which was my schedule in May. Sounds like you've had a really bad experience....I would take it up with the manager or Hilton headuqarters.
Old Jun 4, 2004, 1:31 pm

Do any rooms at Hilton Mexico City Airport have runway views?

Last few times I stayed at the Hilton Mexico City Airport, a have been given either an interior view room or room with no view at all.

Do any of the rooms have runway views?

If so, do you know what type/category they are?

Thanks.
Old Jun 5, 2004, 12:10 pm

Yes when you check in and walk the hall that leads to the bar all those rooms on the right are runway views. Because of the glass in those windows the view is limited, if you want to see flights stay at the Marriott across the street and you can really see the airport from some rooms, great view from the workout room and the conceriege lounge.
Old Jun 5, 2004, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There was great viewing of the runways from the roof of the airport parking garage across from the Marriott. Not sure if this is still available post 9/11.
Old Jun 6, 2004, 7:02 am

Programs: UA 1MM, MR Platinum
I don't think that's a Marriott any more. I believe it's the Camino Real.
Old Jul 17, 2004, 2:54 am

Mexico City Airport Hotels Hilton vs. CR (Marriott)

Hi, I am a HH Gold and am debating which hotel to stay at. I arrive about 6 pm and leave the next day around 1pm.
I have read the reviews and the verdict seems to be "nothing special."
The Hilton would cost about $30 more.
I don't really feel like going into town just for the one night.
Any comments?
Thanks in advance.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.