Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Mexico City Airport {MEX}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2022, 5:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Did anyone stay at this hotel recently? Is it as bad as what flyerCO says it is?
Old Jul 8, 2022, 5:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by lsquare
Did anyone stay at this hotel recently? Is it as bad as what flyerCO says it is?
It's a tired, aging hotel that offers exactly what you want of it - a clean room and comfortable bed, in a very convenient location for late arrivals / early departures.
Old Jul 8, 2022, 5:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by craigthemif
It's a tired, aging hotel that offers exactly what you want of it - a clean room and comfortable bed, in a very convenient location for late arrivals / early departures.
I think it was reported the bed wasn't comfortable. Although the comment was from many years ago, I don't know how relevant it is today. I will have a 5:40 AM flight out of MEX so this hotel is definitely on my radar.
Old Jul 9, 2022, 1:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I will have a 5:40 AM flight out of MEX so this hotel is definitely on my radar.
Make sure you check the airline and terminal, since this hotel is in T1 and getting from T1 to T2 is one of those no bueno type of situations. If you're flying out of T2, the NH is a likely to be a much more painless situation. I've never stayed at this particular Hilton for that reason. It's also usually pretty expensive relative to hotels in the city.

That said, I've had some early AM flights out of MEX and one of the only benefits is that there is no traffic at that time of day, so you can easily get from Polanco, Roma Norte, etc. to the airport in a flash.
DeltaGoldLass likes this.
Old Jul 9, 2022, 6:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by krazykanuck
Make sure you check the airline and terminal, since this hotel is in T1 and getting from T1 to T2 is one of those no bueno type of situations. If you're flying out of T2, the NH is a likely to be a much more painless situation. I've never stayed at this particular Hilton for that reason. It's also usually pretty expensive relative to hotels in the city.

That said, I've had some early AM flights out of MEX and one of the only benefits is that there is no traffic at that time of day, so you can easily get from Polanco, Roma Norte, etc. to the airport in a flash.
Why?
Old Jul 9, 2022, 7:21 am

Programs: *A Gold, OW Sapphire, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Accor Plat
Transport between T1 & T2 is easily done by the airport air tram, which is for exclusive use of passengers and airport workers, departs from the inside of T1 & T2.

Fully second the point of view that early in the AM ground transport from CDMX downtown to airport is a breeze as traffic runs in the opposite direction.
Old Jul 9, 2022, 8:04 am

Programs: Sixt Platinum, Avis Preferred Plus, Hertz President's Circle, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by pb9997
Transport between T1 & T2 is easily done by the airport air tram, which is for exclusive use of passengers and airport workers, departs from the inside of T1 & T2.

Fully second the point of view that early in the AM ground transport from CDMX downtown to airport is a breeze as traffic runs in the opposite direction.
I once showed my hotel reservation across the street from T1 and the security at Aerotrén in T2 accepted it.
Old Jul 9, 2022, 1:38 pm

Been there in Dec. 2020 and fully agree: aging hotel, nothing special, no upgrade provided (diamond) and quite expensive for Mexico City. The only benefit was that it is in the airport.

lsquare likes this.
Old Jul 9, 2022, 3:00 pm

Programs: Sixt Platinum, Avis Preferred Plus, Hertz President's Circle, Hilton Diamond
Hilton Reforma's price has gone up quite a bit lately so Hilton at the Airport might be cheaper. I used to see $90 a night at Reforma and $140 at the airport, now it's been $130-$150 at Reforma.
lsquare and GaJaDreams like this.
Old Jul 9, 2022, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Wiggums
Hilton Reforma's price has gone up quite a bit lately so Hilton at the Airport might be cheaper. I used to see $90 a night at Reforma and $140 at the airport, now it's been $130-$150 at Reforma.
I'm seeing the same prices that you're seeing. I had no idea it was below $100 at one point. Is it normal for the Hilton app to display the prices in USD? Strangely, I don't see it in pesos.
GaJaDreams likes this.
Old Jul 9, 2022, 6:31 pm

I'm seeing the same prices that you're seeing. I had no idea it was below $100 at one point. Is it normal for the Hilton app to display the prices in USD? Strangely, I don't see it in pesos.
Always been in USD. I've seen it fluctuate a little bit depending on the exchange rate, but it's still displayed in USD. For some reason, American chains do that in Mexico. I was down in MEX last year, $94 was what I paid.
lsquare likes this.
Old Jul 9, 2022, 6:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Wiggums
Always been in USD. I've seen it fluctuate a little bit depending on the exchange rate, but it's still displayed in USD. For some reason, American chains do that in Mexico. I was down in MEX last year, $94 was what I paid.
I find it strange because when I was in France, Hilton displayed the prices in Euros.
Old Jul 10, 2022, 12:25 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
I find it strange because when I was in France, Hilton displayed the prices in Euros.
Could be that you have the rates set to the local currency of where you are in that moment? From instance when I search in GF from abroad, I always get the fares of the local currency, independently if the origin and destination have to do nothing with it.

From Spain I always get the prices for hotels in Mex in USD.
Old Jul 10, 2022, 12:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by more4less
Could be that you have the rates set to the local currency of where you are in that moment? From instance when I search in GF from abroad, I always get the fares of the local currency, independently if the origin and destination have to do nothing with it.

From Spain I always get the prices for hotels in Mex in USD.
I want to be charged in the local currency in case there's a markup to USD. My CC doesn't have an FX conversion fee.
Old Jul 10, 2022, 2:39 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
I want to be charged in the local currency in case there's a markup to USD. My CC doesn't have an FX conversion fee.
Many hotels in Mex charge a distorted exchange rate USD-MXN. If your are from an euro country, like it is my case, you can end up paying 8/9% more.
I stayed there a few weeks ago and in 2 of the hotels the exchange rate USD-MXN was OK but in one it was ridiculous, and I told them that no way I would accept it.
At the end they allowed me to pay in USD but not in my Amex(Spain), it had to be a on a Visa or MasterCard.
lsquare likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.