Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Colorado, USA {US-CO}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Colorado, USA {US-CO}

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2006, 10:57 am

Programs: UA 1P, HH ◊
Question Hilton Affiliates Near Colorado Skiing??

Okay- I'm trying to find places to stay for Hilton that are near the ski areas in Colorado (Winter Park preferably). However, they say the closest ones are in DENVER or BOULDER which, if you're from the area, are NOT close.

So my question is this: does anyone know of a place that might be managed by Hilton (where I could use hhonors points) that is in the mountains? I have seen cases where not all locations are documented, and figured this was worth a shot.
Old Nov 16, 2006, 1:18 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, HGVC Elite, Flying Blue Gold
There's HGVC in Breckenridge which is highly recommended. They have studios, 1, 2 and 3 bedroom suites. It's walking distance to the restaurants. There's undercover parking at the HGVC. There are many ski runs, with one ski lift at the end of the road.

I was there with Mr GoodTimes in April last year and we'd booked a 1 bedroom Plus but was upgraded to a 3 bedroom Plus, with a fantastic view of the mountains.
Old Nov 16, 2006, 1:35 pm

...but other than the HGVC in Breck, there's nothing else in Summit County, and nothing in Grand County (Winter Park), Eagle County (Vail & Beaver Creek), or Pitkin County (Aspen/Snowmass). There is a Doubletree (and HI) in Durango, but I suspect you are not looking to ski there.
Old Nov 16, 2006, 2:17 pm

Programs: Free Agent
I've stayed at the ES DIA for the last 3 ski seasons. I'm getting a bit tired of the drive. I'm looking at the Valdoro lodge (HGVC) this season but from what I've read on this board, they're not (or not always) HH compliant. Does anybody have any updated info?
Old Nov 26, 2006, 5:07 pm

Well, that's a shame. I hope they get some more locations in the area soon. Thanks for your replies!
Old Nov 26, 2006, 6:13 pm

Well, there is the Hampton Inn at Steamboat Springs. Have never stayed at that hotel but have stayed/skiied Steamboat and really enjoyed it. We did the following:
- Flew into DEN in afternoon, drove through town on I 70 and stayed west of town. There are a couple of Hampton Inns on the outskirts of Denver-West
- Got up and drove to Winter Park and skiied there. I like Winter Park as well.
Finished skiing Winter park and drove the rest of the way to Steamboat.
- Skiied several days there and drove from Steamboat to Silverthorne. Pretty straight shot.... spent the night there in Silverthorne and...
- Skiied Keystone the next day and came back to DEN for a 6pm flight back.

A little adventurous.. but in any event, you can stay in Steamboat Springs at the Hampton Inn.
Old Nov 27, 2006, 8:07 am

Here's an excerpt from an old thread.

Had a stay last month st the Hampton Inn in Steamboat Springs. The property is only 2 year old and is nice and clean and new. We had a huge room with 2 king beds, and a queen pullout, plus a micro and a fridge, as well as 2 full baths. Got it for 185/night during Xmas week, which I thought was a great price--it was called a family suite. Beds very comfy--my daughter even thought the pullout was comfy!!
The staff was very helpful and friendly, and went out their way a few times for us.(jumping a rental that would not start--twice) The property has its own shuttle to the mountain, (which is about a mile or 2 away), and is also on the town bus line, so you could do without a car if you had too.
We used our car always since we had it.
The property is halfway between the town and the mountain--(Steamboat's town is about 2 miles away from the mountain base)
They have 3 outdoor hot tubs and an outdoor heated pool, small exercise room, and laundry facilities.
If you don't want to shell out the bucks for a condo on the mountain, I would highly recommend this place!
Old Nov 27, 2006, 10:05 am

Looks like there's no way to get the driving under 50 miles from a Hilton to Winter Park... not ideal if the weather's bad. Thanks again for the replies!
Old Nov 27, 2006, 5:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
There are quite a few Marriotts in the Vail area but they all cost a fortune. Welcome to the resort world.
Old Nov 27, 2006, 5:43 pm

Originally Posted by Boraxo
There are quite a few Marriotts in the Vail area but they all cost a fortune. Welcome to the resort world.
Definitely not a fan so far, and not a Marriotter yet.

Does anyone know of any Hilton projects in the ski areas of Colorado? I guess it wouldn't make much sense in the off-season, but maybe they'll get some eventually.
Old Oct 4, 2009, 6:04 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, WN RR
Bumping an old thread, BUT...

Just checked the Hilton Valdoro property @ Breckenridge. Holidays already booked up and you can only book in three day packages through Jan.
Drag. Will look into Steamboat.
Old Oct 5, 2009, 6:18 am

Programs: SWA - A-list, AA Gold, Hilton Gold
I know the OP is looking to use points, but I'd like to mention, as a side note, that I have had success the last few years getting steals on timeshare rentals at both Marriott and HGVC properties on timeshare rental sites.

Given the economy, a lot of people can't make it and are happy just getting their maintenance fees + a little extra. Winter skiing will make this a bit more expensive, but I've managed to snag week long 2-bedroom+common area timeshares for well under $1,000.
Old Oct 5, 2009, 8:06 am

Programs: AA PLT 2mm SPG Gold HH Diamond
I thought you cannot use points to stay at Valdor Mountain Lodge. I am wrong?
Old Oct 5, 2009, 1:33 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Delta Gold, HH Lifetime Diamond, Hyatt Plat, PC Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by sharklover
I thought you cannot use points to stay at Valdor Mountain Lodge. I am wrong?
I just called the Diamond Desk and they told me that that location does not accept points for stays. If someone has found a way to make that happen however I would be most interested to hear about it as I ski Breck 10-15 days a season and being able to use that property would help immensely.
Old Nov 25, 2009, 10:20 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, WN RR
Still making plans to ski, but thinking about January now, when prices are MUCH lower. Anybody know if HGVC *grants* points, particularly for those of us with Hilton Amex - which yields 6:1 for hotel stays?

Also, how's the drive to Steamboat from Denver? I'm still considering that one as well. No offense intended to anyone at all preferring to stay in a locally-owned property, but I'd like to score loyalty points if I'm going to spend $1000+ for a hotel stay.

ETA: Just checked avail at HGVC - looks like the odds are good that they *will* award points, since you can book from Hilton.com. However, rates start at $499 per night. Sigh.

Last edited by divemistressofthedark; Nov 25, 2009 at 10:27 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.