Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hampton Inn Cheyenne {US-WY} (no longer Honors)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2011, 2:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium

Frankly, it's a rather cookie cutter affair - think "Hampton" and what you come up with will pretty much match the result. Located in the motel zone in the far SW corner of the city (the huge Hampton Sign is smack up against the Holiday Inn Express next door), distances are further than they look on the map. They have no shuttle (in spite of the airport announcement that they do), but I hadn't expected one. Had dinner at the Outback Steakhouse, two businesses away (there's a Home Depot between).

I didn't use their fitness area, nor the wifi. Business center has two computers, decent - if not lightning - speed. Breakfast hostess dressed in skirt and jacket, which threw me until I saw her employee badge. Technically an 11AM checkout property, but at check-in was told noon was no problem.
Old Oct 10, 2013, 8:22 pm

Thought I'd post a bit of an update.

The aforementioned breakfast attendant is still there, wearing (I suspect) the same jacket. Her perfume is overwhelming. I guess she got it on sale at the Dollar Store.

The property is old and tired and worn out. Beds are lumpy and squeaky. Walls are thin. The nightlight in the bathroom allows for a 2am urination bathed in full simulated moonlight. The bathroom fan provides an aircraft carrier jet roar experience. The tile floor in the bathroom appears to have been regrouted (over the existing grout) multiple times. The trains on the nearby railroad blast their horns constantly. The air conditioner is loud. The walls are thin. The housekeeping is spotty and not very good (dead insects in the room, for example--are the housekeepers blind or just careless?).

Cheyenne is no great shakes of a town, and hotel choices are limited. The Holiday Inn Express looks newer, but suffers from the same train noise I suspect. But the Hampton simply cannot be recommended if you are looking for a clean room in which to sleep comfortably.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 9:19 am

Programs: SPG, AA, B6. No longer "still CO to me" with account spent down. RIP CO.
Yep, still true

Originally Posted by uncertaintraveler
Thought I'd post a bit of an update.

The property is old and tired and worn out. Beds are lumpy and squeaky. Walls are thin. The nightlight in the bathroom allows for a 2am urination bathed in full simulated moonlight. The bathroom fan provides an aircraft carrier jet roar experience. The tile floor in the bathroom appears to have been regrouted (over the existing grout) multiple times. The trains on the nearby railroad blast their horns constantly.
The more things change...

This was the last in a stint of HI/Home2Suite stays over a holiday weekend and yuck. This property is exactly why I never used to like Hampton Inns. The furniture is dated, the "deluxe" microwave might have been such in 1980 (dials? seriously?!?) and the highway noise is wretched.

They're also the only hotel that I can recall where my return to the front desk for a new room was questioned. I was a solo female traveler, I did not want to be in a room on the ground floor with a path that led right to my window plus I25 noise. I was eventually moved, but after some degree of Q&A. Also no arrival offering of points vs. snack and when I questioned it in the morning at checkout the person said "oh that's not really a thing we do here".

The location of this property is just weird. It's in a cluster of similar level properties - Candlewood Suites was one that I can recall, a Home Depot and an Outback. It's near precisely nothing. It's about 10m drive to the mall that has every restaurant chain - and where I might have expected this hotel cluster to be too.

I was originally booked in the TRU but then this came way down in price. It was just a place to sleep on the last night of a road trip -- so I went with price. I think I got better sleep on a sub four hour red eye the next night.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 9:55 am

Programs: HH Diamond, HGVC, WN RR, National Exec, Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by travellingcari
The more things change...

This was the last in a stint of HI/Home2Suite stays over a holiday weekend and yuck. This property is exactly why I never used to like Hampton Inns. The furniture is dated, the "deluxe" microwave might have been such in 1980 (dials? seriously?!?) and the highway noise is wretched.

They're also the only hotel that I can recall where my return to the front desk for a new room was questioned. I was a solo female traveler, I did not want to be in a room on the ground floor with a path that led right to my window plus I25 noise. I was eventually moved, but after some degree of Q&A. Also no arrival offering of points vs. snack and when I questioned it in the morning at checkout the person said "oh that's not really a thing we do here".

The location of this property is just weird. It's in a cluster of similar level properties - Candlewood Suites was one that I can recall, a Home Depot and an Outback. It's near precisely nothing. It's about 10m drive to the mall that has every restaurant chain - and where I might have expected this hotel cluster to be too.

I was originally booked in the TRU but then this came way down in price. It was just a place to sleep on the last night of a road trip -- so I went with price. I think I got better sleep on a sub four hour red eye the next night.
I'm pretty loyal to Hilton, but when I planned a road trip in Feb through Cheyenne, I opted to make a reservation at the Best Western Frontier Inn based on some pretty bad reviews of the Hampton Inn. I80 ended up being closed by snow and ice, so I routed further south and cancelled the reservation at the BW.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.