Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Milton Keynes {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Milton Keynes {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2014, 4:26 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G
Pictures of Suite in new bedroom area (Southern Goal area)

A few pictures and comments about my last stay here.

Booked basic twin bed for £ 89, used HHonors booking form to say room I wanted was unavailable (1 bed pref) and to also type note that asked to please not be put in a room with a connecting door. I arrived quite late 21:30 and was delighted to find that I had been upgraded to a suite on the 4th floor. (I thought all suites were directly in front of the elevators but I am happy to say I was wrong about this). My preference is to be away from elevators so guess this is why I received this suite really far away from the elevators!

Anyway, once you get to the bottom of the long corridor coming from the elevators, the hallway curves around to the South and there is a whole new area of rooms here with some smell of paint still in the air and very little traffic (in the hallway).

The room was 4058 and it was about centre of the hallway behind the goal (but facing the ASDA, not the pitch).

Lovely room, everything new. 3 TV’s !!! (I usually don’t watch TV in hotels but almost felt obliged to in this case)

Plenty of power points all over the room in useful locations ^

Bathrobe and slippers in room. Not the usual C & E bathroom amenities, some other brand ADA?

No welcome gift but the usual two bottles of water (and the cookie at check in of course).

The room was very large and had plenty of lighting options (took me a while to figure out what light switch worked which lights…

No separate room dividers in case one person wants to watch TV or read and the other sleep which would be my only criticism.

The wood is a darker, better looking shade (IMO) than in the other rooms.

The bathroom was also very large with dual sinks (under the counter, in contrast to the other rooms) and a whirlpool bath with a bathroom TV as well…

The TV remote for the two main TV’s was much more involved with a keypad for typing and the remote working like a mouse pointer so assume this is some new internet enabled TV.

Art in room:

[url=https://flic.kr/p/nmF361]

Anyway, I’ll let the pics do the rest of the talking. A great room, excellent staff and a good breakfast again (full English again with no up charge, which is appreciated, along with the ability to order special coffees at no extra charge).

Hope this is of use. Shame I missed you ab007, would have been good to share a drink and a quick chat with a fellow FTer.

Floor plan of West to East (Southern Goal) rooms on 4th floor:

View to Entrance:

Centre of room view to wardrobe area:

TV in Bedroom area now mounted on wooden backdrop:

Second TV viewing area:

Work Desk area:

Wardrobe contents:

Dual power points on each side of the bed: (as well as several other locations)

Newer HVAC controller:

Mini Fridge still in room:

Bathroom:

Whirlpool Bath and TV:

[url=https://flic.kr/p/nmCFZ4]

TV remote mounted on Bathroom wall:

Whirlpool Bath controls:

Dual Sinks:

ADA amenities:

Old Apr 26, 2014, 11:20 am

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Accor Gold, Flying Blue, Exec Club.
You are tempting me to try the hotel again!

I have avoided it for a while as my last stay was no upgrade, despite it seeming we were the only people there, a connecting door that did not lock (and they couldn't find the key and were quite awkward when I asked to move), exec lounge closed at weekends and in lieu a voucher for 1 non alcoholic drink- I asked for 2 and was told no! It left a bit of a couldn't care less taste, but from your reports either I was unlucky or its pulled things together quite a bit!
Agree though, breakfast is good!
Old Oct 29, 2014, 6:49 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond
It appears that the DT MK may be leaving Hilton end of year, nothing bookable from 1JAN15 onwards.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 3:13 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
I have a stay booked here in early December......will try and find out.
Old Nov 1, 2014, 12:58 am

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.
Originally Posted by treppenlaeufer
It appears that the DT MK may be leaving Hilton end of year, nothing bookable from 1JAN15 onwards.
I hope not. It is a very good hotel with some added quirks.

I also cannot book from 1 Jan 15 onwards.
Old Nov 5, 2014, 12:26 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond
2015 rates now loaded. Availability can be patchy though in certain weeks.
Old Nov 6, 2014, 2:46 pm

Originally Posted by treppenlaeufer
2015 rates now loaded. Availability can be patchy though in certain weeks.
that's good to know....I like this hotel! ^^^
Old Nov 29, 2014, 1:01 pm

What a story.......arrived 3-30pm , booked king corner room , pre upgraded to a suite and received this......got to room ( long walk) 4184 no electric!.....phoned down , no answer, walked back to front desk, qued, said " they will send someone up"........ Back to room wait and wait ( girlfriend is fuming as we need to do Xmas shopping!), back to reception I walk........RESULT!.....upgraded to presidential suite and 4 free beer chits......done shopping, had a bath ( huge ) and now off to the lounge.......will report back !
Old Nov 30, 2014, 10:05 am

Now home after a somewhat bizarre trip!.........I've concluded it's a lovely hotel but communication between staff is rubbish.......on check in was told exec lounge was not open due to private party, then whist popping outside to my car I was told it was?.
Went to lounge , no alcohol , no staff, plate of cheese out and some celery.....oh and no people in there.
Went to bar Refused entry due to private party and then off to chimichanga ( 2 min walk and excellent Mexican food!)....... When we got back I had a baileys for a nightcap in the bar and asked what time breakfast in the lounge was.......told it started at 6am.
Slept well and went to get a coffee from the lounge around 7-30am......whilst my card worked it clearly wasn't open for breakfast and coffee machine was off.......went to gym for a run ( don't bother gym is rubbish) .
Breakfast in restaurant to be fair was very tasty and hot however servic was terrible...... Waited ages to be asked tea or coffee and dirty plates everywhere ( it wasn't busy)......... Ending on a positive note hotel is spotless and clean and to be fair I only paid £68.

Last edited by wizla; Jan 28, 2015 at 1:54 am
Old Nov 30, 2014, 9:38 pm
formerly wunderpit

Programs: UA1K-HHDiamond
Originally Posted by wizla
went to gym for a run ( don't bother gym is rubbish).

Breakfast in restaurant to be fair was very tasty and hot however servic was terrible...... Waited ages to be asked tea or coffee and dirty plates everywhere .
Was there in September. Agreed on these two points. I think the soccer team must use the gym because it was hot and stunk, and cardio machines were jacked up.

The breakfast area was a mess, bad lighting and very poor serving trays. Very un-Hilton.
Old Dec 1, 2014, 1:11 am

Originally Posted by wunderpit
Was there in September. Agreed on these two points. I think the soccer team must use the gym because it was hot and stunk, and cardio machines were jacked up.

The breakfast area was a mess, bad lighting and very poor serving trays. Very un-Hilton.
Yep.....was the same in my case with the gym......dried grass all over the floor......running machines were terrible, first one malfunctioned second one I thought was gonna fall apart..........something else I failed to mention was in the bar the night before three of the MK dons football players were in there having a celebratory drink or two ( they won 6-0), really bad behaviour , loud, swearing ......didn't bother me but girlfriend wasn't too happy.......not good ambassadors for the club.
Old May 12, 2015, 2:23 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Doubletree Milton Keynes - nothing after NYE?

When would rooms for 2016 normally be added?

Doubletree Milton Keynes (UK) has nothing after the 31st December.

Seems a bit odd.

Anyone know why?
Old May 12, 2015, 3:07 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Rates won't be loaded, that's all. They were the same in past years as well. Usually they put them up when they know the the football fixtures for next season. So in the next month or so.
Old May 12, 2015, 3:39 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
okay, thanks.
Old May 12, 2015, 5:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
As noted above this isn't uncommon, have a look here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...nes-gbr-2.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.