Wiki Posts
Search

New Bath Amenities

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2012, 4:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Color me a fan of the PTR bath gel. I was surprised at how much I like it. And when you stay in a suite, they give you the large bottles. One of which has earned a place in my bathroom at home.
Old Apr 25, 2012, 6:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by stimpy
Color me a fan of the PTR bath gel. I was surprised at how much I like it. And when you stay in a suite, they give you the large bottles. One of which has earned a place in my bathroom at home.
^ I LOVE the shower gel. I normally don't like shower gel but love the smell of this stuff. Has a nice gender neutral scent. Most hotel gels have sore of a perfumy scent that are more for women. Love the beads also.

I have never been given a big bottle in a suite Not that it would do much good anyway since it probably wouldn't fit in my quart bag. PTR sells it for $17 for a big bottle. This is the only time I have gone out of my way to find a bath product I used in a hotel
Old Apr 25, 2012, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I realise there are three sizes for the bath gel. 27ml, 50ml and 80ml. 50 and 80ml seem to be only in some suites, 80ml always so but sometimes 50ml in the more generous hotels on the EL floor.
Old Apr 25, 2012, 10:07 am

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by DVMonthego
Do you good people really select the hotel you are going to stay in based on the bath amenities?
No, but I appreciate hotels that offer quality products. And I dislike when hotels try to save money under the guise of "being green" by installing large dispensers.

Do you not travel with a quart sized bag of your own amenities?
No. I travel with full size containers of toothpaste, contact lens solution, and other items that hotels usually don't provide. Because I can't be bothered with the TSA-mandated 3 oz. containers, I almost always check a bag. I rely on the hotel to provide everything else (shampoo, conditioner, soap, etc.).

Do you guys not ever just leave those bath amenities in place, leaving them for the next guest, knowing that in doing so, you are helping the environment????
No.

Travel on friends, but do so lightly, with minimal impact on the trail you leave behind! And no, I am not an environmental freak, just a guy trying to make less impact as I sojourn. Cheers.
Given the frequency of my air travel and my predilection for renting full-size or larger cars, I can safely say that modifying shampoo consumption habits won't much matter.
Old May 14, 2012, 4:09 am
Suspended

Does anyone remember what the brand was or the name was of the little blue bottles of shower gel you got in various Hilton's around the world? I remember looking at the website on-line, and for the life of me I can not remember the named brand....anyone help?
Old May 14, 2012, 4:12 am

Programs: LHSen UA1K VAGold QFSilv HHon Diamond ShangrilaJade Radisson Gold SPG Gold Marriott Gold Hertz Presi
hate roth toiletries! cheap and nasty and made in china if u read the small print - i like the crabtree and evelyn stuff in europe and also the ahava stuff at hilton tel aviv what a major downgrade!
the little blue bottles = sometimes large bottles in greece, germany = crabtree and evelyn
Old May 14, 2012, 7:45 am

Programs: AA PPro, Hilton Gold, Lindy Award Winner (2013)
Originally Posted by MS02113
I rely on the hotel to provide everything else (shampoo, conditioner, soap, etc.).
Not to judge BUT.....this sounds like a recipe for disaster if you ask me.
Old May 14, 2012, 8:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by cbourl
hate roth toiletries! cheap and nasty and made in china if u read the small print - i like the crabtree and evelyn stuff in europe and also the ahava stuff at hilton tel aviv what a major downgrade!
the little blue bottles = sometimes large bottles in greece, germany = crabtree and evelyn
For the shampoo, liked C&E a little better, but still like the PTR. As far as shower gel goes, I LOVE the PTR shower gel and in fact buy it now for use at home. Most hotel shower gels have sort of a perfumy smell to them. I like the beads in the PTR gel and also like that the scent is geared towards females like most hotel gels. It has a nice scent that is gender neutral
Old May 14, 2012, 8:55 am

Programs: IHG Gold,SPG Gold, HH Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Delta Kettle, AMEX Plat, DL AMEX Plat
I usually don't care at all what brand toiletries are at a hotel. Most are just commodity items re-branded with a name to attract attention. My problem is that I am very sensitive to scents. So, to help with that, I bring my own soap, shampoo and conditioner (look at Lush.com and their solid shampoos and conditioner - easy to travel with and NO TSA hassles). The one hotel branded toiletry package that I can deal with is the Bliss products offered at some *wood hotels.
Old May 14, 2012, 9:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Does anyone remember maybe 8 years ago the three bottles which were mounted on their own holder? The whole lot used to fall in the bath quite often IME! They were very long and narrow tubes of no particular brand. Those were weird!
Old May 14, 2012, 10:00 am

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by TR7_DFW
Not to judge BUT.....this sounds like a recipe for disaster if you ask me.
Really? How so? I've never once stayed at a hotel that didn't provide said amenities.
Old May 14, 2012, 1:05 pm

Programs: HH diamond
Really? How so? I've never once stayed at a hotel that didn't provide said amenities.
I do the same as MS02113. I don't bring my own bath amenities ex a little bar of soap. The hotel soap would get thrown out after minimal use. So, I take the unused soap for homeless shelters and overseas charities.

I travel as lightly as possible, almost always with only a carry-on. The less I have to bring the better. I'm not fussy, so it doesn't really matter to me what the shampoo/conditioner/bath gel is. I've stayed in little motels that had some pretty cheap stuff. If it's that bad, I just head down to a store to pick up something.
Old May 15, 2012, 12:42 am
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Same here. Call me naive, but for me the word hotel implies this. And I've stayed in some pretty crummy hotels, but they all have had at least a bar of soap and something that can be called shampoo.
Old May 15, 2012, 12:26 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by SPBanker
Same here. Call me naive, but for me the word hotel implies this. And I've stayed in some pretty crummy hotels, but they all have had at least a bar of soap and something that can be called shampoo.
I stayed at a hotel in Prague last year that provided one bottle of liquid marked "soap/shampoo". It was a little annoying.
Old Jun 17, 2012, 10:28 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold (*G), IHG Platinum & Hyatt Discoverist
Just had my first experience with the Peter Thomas Roth range at the Hilton Queenstown last week and they are excellent. Much prefer these to the Crabtree & Evelyn range previously used.

I usually use a combination of Dermalogica and Aesop at home so it was really refreshing to find quality bath products being provided. And the 50ML tubes/bottles are a plus for future trips too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.