New Bath Amenities

Old Jul 24, 2011, 2:33 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Another vote for the PeterThomasRoth brand - the Crabtree & Evelyn, if anything, were always too fragrant for me.
Old Jul 24, 2011, 2:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by Frayed_Yak
Another vote for the PeterThomasRoth brand - the Crabtree & Evelyn, if anything, were always too fragrant for me.
I like the smell better as well. And I like the PTR bath soap has the massage bumps
Old Jul 25, 2011, 1:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
Does anyone see peter thomas roth's body wash and mouthwash in any hilton yet ? I just stayed at hilton ORD Rosemont, they didn't have neither of those. I am not sure if I was just unlucky. I did try to see the maid's cart in the morning, but then I saw the old packaging C&E La Source body wash.
Still hit or miss, seems like they're trying to go through old inventory too.
Old Sep 5, 2011, 4:56 pm

Found the new products last night at the Hilton SFO Airport. Ill take it over the stuff Hyatt
gives out .
Old Sep 5, 2011, 7:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Why does Hilton provide distinctly smaller containers of PTR conditioner than shampoo?
Old Sep 5, 2011, 9:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Why does Hilton provide distinctly smaller containers of PTR conditioner than shampoo?
Good question, I was wondering the same thing too. The only thing I can guess is normally people just use shampoo but not conditioner. Or if they use it, not every single time they would use the conditioner.

Btw, I still find PTR bodywash and mouthwash only exist in exec.floor rooms. If the hotel only has Hilton Honors floor but not exec. floor, then basically forget about it.

It seems ES and DT are more consistent with their new C&E line. I just stayed at one ES, it had C&E Naturals line everything including bodywash and mouthwash, + the usual shower cap, shoe mitt, wardrobe repair kit, and grooming kit. I wasn't even on the Hilton Honors floor or if that property ever have one. ^

Last edited by ORDnHKG; Sep 5, 2011 at 9:33 pm
Old Sep 6, 2011, 9:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
For the record, there are two different Crabtree & Evelyn offerings:

Doubletree provides a yellow-tinted Citron shampoo (with honey and coriander) in a clear bottle.

At Embassy Suites guests encounter a white-ish avocado, olive and basil combo in non-transparent brown bottles.
Old Sep 6, 2011, 7:59 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Silver Medallion, Avis First
I haven't found the mouthwash to be consistent even with executive floor rooms. In the last 4 executive floor rooms I have had, only 1 provided the mouthwash. Have never seen the bodywash......

Overall, I definitely like the change though.
Old Sep 7, 2011, 9:31 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by EyeTraveler
I haven't found the mouthwash to be consistent even with executive floor rooms. In the last 4 executive floor rooms I have had, only 1 provided the mouthwash. Have never seen the bodywash...
Isn't that annoying? Since Hilton is supposed to be one of the company's higher end brands, shouldn't the corporate office dictate that properties supply the full collection of bath amenities—mouthwash and bodywash included—every time? Consistency is one of a hotel chain's biggest attractions over independently managed properties, and yet Hilton fails in this regard.
Old Sep 7, 2011, 11:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
For the record, there are two different Crabtree & Evelyn offerings:

Doubletree provides a yellow-tinted Citron shampoo (with honey and coriander) in a clear bottle.

At Embassy Suites guests encounter a white-ish avocado, olive and basil combo in non-transparent brown bottles.
I like the DT stuff better than the new Peter whatever at the Hiltons...
Old Sep 10, 2011, 9:08 am

Programs: HH D, IHG G, SPG G
I have stayed in a few properties since they started rolling out the PTR range - personally I prefer the older C&E range but in the hospitality industry you'll never please everyone. I don't dislike the PTR stuff and the soap is good.

I did not even know they produced body wash and mouthwash though - since they rolled out this range, I have not seen either product despite getting upgraded everytime - I assumed they simply had stopped providing them.
Old Sep 10, 2011, 11:27 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
I like the PTR lotion and I really really like the massage bar soap. Not a big fan of the shampoo/conditioner, though. I didn't like the LaSource shampoo/conditioner, either, though, so overall its an improvement to me.
Old Sep 11, 2011, 4:11 am

Programs: AA-EXP (1.7MM), BA-Slvr, HH-Diamond
Originally Posted by HilFly
I don't like the Peter Thomas Roth toiletries at all. I much prefer the previous Crabtree & Evelyn.
I agree completely. A big to the PTR products.

Thanks for the downgrade Hilton.
Old Sep 12, 2011, 5:57 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat, SPG Plat, HH Gold
I had PTR toiletries at Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines and Hilton San Diego Harbor Island this last week - not sure about where the mouthwash and body wash should appear, though. It wasn't there at Torrey Pines the first day, then the second day it was there. The fourth day, they replenished the mouthwash, but not the body wash. Neither appeared at the Harbor property.

I prefer the PTR to the C&E - I agree with a previous post that it was a little too fragrant.
Old Sep 15, 2011, 4:45 am

Programs: AA-EXP (1.7MM), BA-Slvr, HH-Diamond
Was the LaSource mouthwash made specifically for Hilton?

I'm having trouble finding it anywhere online?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.