Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Lounge Status at Hilton Family Properties -

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 20, 2013, 4:21 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Sisosig
Wikipost instructions: signed in members can minimize or maximize Wikipost by clicking on [-] or [+] box upper right of post, and edit this Wikipost to update.

DIAMOND members are entitled to Lounge access on stays at properties with Executive Lounges, Signia by Hilton excluded.

GOLD members are entitled to Executive Lounge access IF they are staying on / upgraded to an Executive Floor.

Print Wikipost

Lounge Status at Hilton Family Properties -

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2022, 2:17 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
Hilton Rotterdam : lounge open

Does:
evening (alcoholic) drinks + nibbles
no hot food in the evening
breakfast with 2 hot dishes (eggs + bacon)

Hilton Rotterdam

operating hours: 27th June 2022
Old Jul 15, 2022, 8:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Originally Posted by CMK10
You quoted my post from 21 months ago to complain that someone in sweltering Bangkok is wearing shorts at breakfast?
I guess I randomly came across your post and that was what stuck out for me. I tend to follow the written rules (and occasionally the unwritten ones) and it always bothers me when others flaunt them. And here I am a year later randomly responding. 😁 Show the same picture to 10 people and I’m sure we all see something different.

I have been looking at Hiltons in Florida for a points stay without a long drive this year. I haven’t come across a single property where the lounge is open. Are Executive lounges a thing of the past in the US? Multiple changes have devalued my Diamond status to the point where I can’t see much value in it anymore.
GentleGiant likes this.
Old Jul 15, 2022, 10:33 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Originally Posted by BamaVol
Nice to see that smart casual includes shorts.
Nothing wrong with shorts as smart casual.
SPN Lifer and ryandelmundo like this.
Old Jul 16, 2022, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Originally Posted by GentleGiant
Nothing wrong with shorts as smart casual.
Unless the sign specifically prohibits them.

I’ve seen worse when dining out, particularly in cruise ship dining rooms. There’s always one guy in a sleeveless shirt and wearing a ball cap to go with his shorts.
Old Jul 31, 2022, 8:20 am

Anyone stayed at the Hilton Zurich Airport recently and used the lounge? Debating whether to stay there.
Old Jul 31, 2022, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Had my first stay at a Hilton with a lounge post covid last weekend at the Waldorf in London. Very disappointed. They have a lounge staff and they should just put them in other areas of the hotel and close the lounge and provide vouchers for the bar.

Breakfast offerings are a lot better in the restaurant. They use to have afternoon finger sandwiches with Clotted cream and scones in the afternoon during tea time and now all they have is bagged chips.

For happy hour they removed the cheese and fruit board and the hot appetizers they have and now they bring you a little dish with nuts and olives and a dish wish a couple hot canapes on it. I use to enjoy going there for a drink and a snack beffore a show. They downgraded their liquor selection. They no longer have Bailey's and the abosul has been replaced with Stovia. I use to enjoy either a coffee and baileys or a screwdriver and they don't even have oranage juice anymore and the one day they were out of coke and coke zero.
Old Oct 7, 2022, 11:07 pm

Programs: AA GLD 1.xMM, MAR SLV, HH DMND, IHG PLT
Hilton Seattle lounge is open

Post covid in USA, I found Hilton Seattle executive lounge to be open.

It's small, no windows but has limited breakfast selection. Only thing is they open at 7am so doesn't help for early start to the office.

​​​​​​Closes at 7pm sharp. Was only there during weekdays so can't speak for weekend hours.
Old Oct 8, 2022, 9:44 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Hilton Toronto lounge is open

I am inexperienced, but I found both the evening and morning food offerings to be fully satisfactory.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Oct 17, 2022, 10:18 pm

Programs: UAL, AA, Hilton, Marriott, and Northwest
I am posting way late but when I was in columbus ohio for a conference, I stay at hyatt across street from convention hilton. They had a cheap rate for one night during my stay so I booked a room to see how it stacked up. When I was checking in a manager was on duty and I was asking about lounge and some other things. She told me all USA hiltons are closing their lounges. The lounge in columbus was closed and they were supposed to start remodeling it into 2 rooms. They gave a small cash credit for diamond's but it would not buy a coke and burger.

My biggest issue is the lounge is just great for relaxation and getting a usually nice view of area. Even before covid the selections varied widely between various properties but does anyone else know if what the manager claimed is true?? I just wondered how they could keep competing if they drop this. I will really need to think about switching stays to marriott to increase from gold and let hilton drop down.
Old Oct 18, 2022, 9:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by robvberg
I am posting way late but when I was in columbus ohio for a conference, I stay at hyatt across street from convention hilton. They had a cheap rate for one night during my stay so I booked a room to see how it stacked up. When I was checking in a manager was on duty and I was asking about lounge and some other things. She told me all USA hiltons are closing their lounges. The lounge in columbus was closed and they were supposed to start remodeling it into 2 rooms. They gave a small cash credit for diamond's but it would not buy a coke and burger.

My biggest issue is the lounge is just great for relaxation and getting a usually nice view of area. Even before covid the selections varied widely between various properties but does anyone else know if what the manager claimed is true?? I just wondered how they could keep competing if they drop this. I will really need to think about switching stays to marriott to increase from gold and let hilton drop down.
By Hyatt Diamond, I assume you mean globalist. Hyatt's policy is if there is no lounge globalists are to receive a full, hot breakfast for two each day. If you like to use your F&B credit on brerakfast than Hyatt's policy is more generous and if you would rather use it later in the day on dinner or drinks, then Hilton's policy is better. I like Hyatt due to their guaranteed 4 p.m. check out and guaranteed suite upgrades

It wouldn't surprise me if Hyatt closes all their lounges in the US seeing Hilton is closing most of theirs and wouldn't surprise me if Marriott does as well. Caesars closed all their vegas lounges.

I don't understand why it's the US lounges only they are closing.
Old Nov 16, 2022, 10:41 am
Zip

Programs: UA-MM; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by robvberg
I am posting way late but when I was in columbus ohio for a conference, I stay at hyatt across street from convention hilton. They had a cheap rate for one night during my stay so I booked a room to see how it stacked up. When I was checking in a manager was on duty and I was asking about lounge and some other things. She told me all USA hiltons are closing their lounges. The lounge in columbus was closed and they were supposed to start remodeling it into 2 rooms. They gave a small cash credit for diamond's but it would not buy a coke and burger..
Recently had two different stays at the Columbus Polaris Hilton, N end of the city. Their recently-reopened executive lounge on ground floor was quite nice. Good breakfast and evening amenities. Staff told me lounge was "quite popular, and management was happy." Non-alcohol drinks available during day. Wine and beer for sale at night. Don't know about the hard stuff.
Old Nov 20, 2022, 12:04 pm

Programs: Delta KM/PM/MM, Nexus, CLEAR, Sharriott Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Hilton Munich airport--yes
Washington Hilton--lounge closed, no plans to reopen--$20 "resort" fee offset by $20 F&B credit
Old Nov 20, 2022, 9:12 pm

Originally Posted by AKC6
Hilton Munich airport--yes
Washington Hilton--lounge closed, no plans to reopen--$20 "resort" fee offset by $20 F&B credit
glad I saw this as I’m due to stay in DC mid Dec. now I need to determine which hotel to stay in which has a lounge open.
Old Nov 21, 2022, 1:57 pm

Programs: HH Silver IHG Platinum
Chicago Palmer House
Louge Service Discontinued-Louge Closed
Old Nov 28, 2022, 12:26 am

Programs: PC(QR), IB, CX Marco Polo, SAA Voyager
Would anyone know if the Frankfurt Airport Hilton Executive Lounge has reopened?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.