Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

ES Manager Reception Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ES Manager Reception Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2011, 12:18 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
California:
Oxnard - Standard reception but the bartenders are very strict and will check a book to confirm you are staying there and the number of people in your room. Liquor provided is well swill.

South Lake Tahoe - Standard reception but golds and diamonds are invited to the hotel bar for a better drink selection and escape from the hordes at the main one.

La Quinta - Standard reception
Old Jun 8, 2011, 3:46 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, Avis Preferred
I love Embassy because you know what you are gonna get.
Sometimes though, the MR can surprise you, not just with what they offer as treats and drinks, but also with the quality of the reception... which is the whole reason right? To commune with others before retiring...

Best: ES in Irvine, Ca: simply a party. nice snacks and bartenders that "get it"

Honorable Mention:
Covington, Ky (great view of cincy and river)
King of Prussia, Pa (generally a warm crowd)
Minneapolis, Mn (its way too cold outside so everybody is in a good mood)
Salt Lake City, Ut (though snacks are boring, the guests are FUN)
Lynwood, Wa (nice touch with veggie snacks)
Arcadia, Ca (great attitude by service staff)

Never again:
Secaucus, NJ (as I remember, its not only 1 drink, but its beer or wine only)
Old Jun 8, 2011, 4:08 pm

Programs: SQ PPS SOLITAIRE, AA ,HHONOR GOLD, BONVOY GOLD, IHG PLAT
I have stayed at the ES in Milpitas. One of the worst MR ever. 1 drink per person, in a small plastic glass. Lots of kids running around in their swim suits. I won't stay there again. Breakfast was a zoo as well.

Does anyone have info on the ES in Brea, CA ?
Old Jun 8, 2011, 7:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by CommittedLurker
I have stayed at the ES in Milpitas. One of the worst MR ever. 1 drink per person, in a small plastic glass. Lots of kids running around in their swim suits. I won't stay there again. Breakfast was a zoo as well.

Does anyone have info on the ES in Brea, CA ?
ES in general is always a zoo with lots of kids. I tend to look at ES properties as simply how MUCH of a zoo is it...
Old Jun 8, 2011, 9:53 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Adding information for the ES at Santa Clara, CA.

I have literally staid at this property almost 50 times over the last five years and the managers reception has more or less remained consistent over that time. Recently there have been some changes though. Two of the four beers on tap have been changed out, arguably for lower cost items (Sierra Nevada and a seasonal Sam Adams have been removed in favor of a Hef and Marzen). The food, however, has been upgraded somewhat. On several nights I have seen vegetable and dip plates, cheese plates, and cold cuts (turkey, ham, etc). Other nights there are simpler offerings like party mix, etc. As stated, you can order from the menu, even when sitting at the bar. The menu has recently changed to become more "fancy", which is unfortunate because my two favorite items were remove. However, they did add a resonably priced, supposedly, kobe burger.

However, the thing that keeps me coming back though is the staff, at the front desk and at the bar/restaurant during the reception. Anyone who stays there, say hello to Romero, the bartender. He's the best.
Old Jun 9, 2011, 5:32 am

Programs: HH Diamond (The Hard Way) Braniff Platinum, Eastern Airlines Gold, Piedmont Airlines Rubix Level
ES-Atlanta Buckhead, full bar, unlimited drinks, but chips and salsa every night does drive you nuts after a while.
Old Jun 9, 2011, 12:12 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
That's been my experience, and a nice one it is!

Originally Posted by skunker
California:

...South Lake Tahoe - Standard reception but golds and diamonds are invited to the hotel bar for a better drink selection and escape from the hordes at the main one...
Old Jun 9, 2011, 6:47 pm

Programs: SWA A-List Preferred & CP, Delta Diamond, HH Diamond Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Companycar
ES-Atlanta Buckhead, full bar, unlimited drinks, but chips and salsa every night does drive you nuts after a while.

Stayed at ES Hoover/Birgmingham, AL.. Great new property and GREAT bar service for the Mgr's reception. But alas, I was there a full week, and EVERY night they had chips and sausage-laden queso that was luke warm at best. It got old, but hey it was free.
Old Jun 24, 2011, 3:22 pm

Programs: UA MP HH LTD
Denver Downtown- Only one drink at a time. Standard food offerings on weekends, a little more variety weekdays- vegetables, cheese, etc.

Pretty new hotel. Very modern.
Old Jun 24, 2011, 5:05 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA Executive Platinum, National Executive Elite, Avis First
Little Rock, AR

This is my first manager's reception, so I can't say if it's normal or not. State law prohibits providing free alcohol, so they are required to charge for drinks. Drinks of any type are $1.00 each and can be billed to the room. They are served in 8oz goblets.

For food they have a variety of Chex Mix type products and chips with salsa.

They have Budweiser and Miller Lite on tap. They appear to have the basic liquors like tequila, rum and vodka. They also have some wine.
Old Jun 24, 2011, 6:44 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Sounds just fine to me
Old Sep 10, 2011, 10:40 am

Programs: AC SE*MM/S100K; HHonors Diamond; a bunch of others at various levels!
Hampton Roads, VA

VIRGINIA
Hampton Roads
Regular Managers Reception
Unlimited Drink Quantities: Beer - Bud, Bud Light, and Miller Lite on draft; Wine - house wines only; Mixed drinks - house liquors; Two premixed "specials" each day - margarita, daquiri, or similar.
Food: below average, a couple of different snack choices, tortilla chips with bland salsa, cut veggies.

Full service bar and restaurant are available in separate areas of the hotel from the manager's reception (which is held in the breakfast area).
Old Sep 10, 2011, 12:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by GJS - yow
VIRGINIA
Hampton Roads
Regular Managers Reception
Unlimited Drink Quantities: Beer - Bud, Bud Light, and Miller Lite on draft; Wine - house wines only; Mixed drinks - house liquors; Two premixed "specials" each day - margarita, daquiri, or similar.
Food: below average, a couple of different snack choices, tortilla chips with bland salsa, cut veggies.

Full service bar and restaurant are available in separate areas of the hotel from the manager's reception (which is held in the breakfast area).
Thanks for your post, but this goes to my suggestion that we need a thread for Hampton's as this is the ES thread.
Old Sep 10, 2011, 12:50 pm

Originally Posted by mnredfox
Thanks for your post, but this goes to my suggestion that we need a thread for Hampton's as this is the ES thread.
Perhaps it would be helpful if you read the post before commenting on its inappropriateness for this thread. The post refers to the Embassy Suites in Hampton Roads, VA.
Old Sep 11, 2011, 10:06 am

Programs: AC SE*MM/S100K; HHonors Diamond; a bunch of others at various levels!
Originally Posted by mnredfox
Originally Posted by smmrfld
Perhaps it would be helpful if you read the post before commenting on its inappropriateness for this thread. The post refers to the Embassy Suites in Hampton Roads, VA.
Thanks Smmrfld. There can't be too many places that create this kind of confusion (Embassy Suites in Hampton Roads, Hampton Inn in Hilton Head, any others?).

As noted, the post indeed does belong in this thread.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.