Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Acheiving the impossible- Hilton Website gets WORSE!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2011, 11:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Platinum; Southwest A-list; BW Diamond; Hilton Gold; CO Silver; Hertz President's circle

I honestly couldn't think of many ways that the Hilton Website could become WORSE but they have somehow managed to pull it off.

I now cannot access my account information AT ALL using Chrome.

What I can do is search for a hotel, pick the room and rate and THEN sign in to book it (pitifully enough, this is a backdoor I used to use to sneak into my account), but all I can do from that stage is book the room in question- when I click on 'my account' then I just get caught up in the Hilton login tornado of doom until it tells me I've been booted for a period of inactivity.

It is truly amazing to me just how bad this website is, and for how long it has been this way- do they literally just not care?

As it happens, I'm not even angry about this- more just amused and baffled!

Cheers,

Paul.

Last edited by squeakr; Apr 7, 2011 at 12:48 pm Reason: expletive deleted by moderator
Old Apr 7, 2011, 12:02 pm

I typed up a lengthy comment regarding a recent stay. Even though the form was prepopulated with confirmation number, hotel name, etc., after submitting it, I was prompted to log in and was then returned to a blank feedback form. I'm assuming my comments never made it through, and I didn't bother retyping them. I can't remember if I was using IE on a PC or Safari on a Mac.
Old Apr 7, 2011, 12:30 pm

Programs: Platinum
Wow, you're not kidding. I tried a dummy search, and the page keeps refreshing itself. The website is totally useless with Chrome. BTW, I'm using Chrome on Ubuntu. Firefox (3.6.16) seems to work though.
Old Apr 7, 2011, 1:19 pm

Programs: HH Gold, GP Diamond, ICH Plat, SPG Gold, WN A List, National Exec
Using Chrome(Windows XP) I'm not having any issues.

Opened new tab, hilton.com

Logged in

On right hand search bar did a city search

selected hotel

selected rate

booked

No re-login required.
Old Apr 7, 2011, 3:04 pm

Programs: FB Gold, M&M Senator, MR Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by CALimey
I honestly couldn't think of many ways that the Hilton Website could become WORSE but they have somehow managed to pull it off.

I now cannot access my account information AT ALL using Chrome.

What I can do is search for a hotel, pick the room and rate and THEN sign in to book it (pitifully enough, this is a backdoor I used to use to sneak into my account), but all I can do from that stage is book the room in question- when I click on 'my account' then I just get caught up in the Hilton login tornado of doom until it tells me I've been booted for a period of inactivity.

It is truly amazing to me just how bad this website is, and for how long it has been this way- do they literally just not care?

As it happens, I'm not even angry about this- more just amused and baffled!

Cheers,

Paul.
Same problem for me. Had to delete the cookies
Old Apr 7, 2011, 3:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Platinum; Southwest A-list; BW Diamond; Hilton Gold; CO Silver; Hertz President's circle
Originally Posted by Bagehot
Same problem for me. Had to delete the cookies
Deleting the cookies did nothing for me :-(
Old Apr 7, 2011, 8:32 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Using Chrome 10.0.648.204 with XP, Windows 7 or Vista, no problems on three systems.

Last edited by JDiver; Apr 9, 2011 at 2:05 pm Reason: insert version
Old Apr 8, 2011, 6:44 am

Programs: Newly minted AA EXP Plat., disatisfied UA 1K, Marriott Silver & Hilton Gold
Time to outsource their IT. They have no clue how to create/maintained basic functionality, let alone anything complicated. It's too much for them and they need to realize it. The rewards issue (i.e. no availability due to a system change on April 1) and website ridiculousness are causing me to quickly re-evaluate my move away from Marriott. It's a one year trial for me that I was hoping to complete before I made that decision. I'll see if I can stick to that or if they force me back with poor internal management issues.
Old Apr 9, 2011, 12:20 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JDiver
Using Chrome with XP, Windows 7 or Vista, no problems on three systems.
Interesting. I'm using 11.0.696.34 beta Chrome with Vista. This could possibly be my fault for using a beta, although I found the Hilton Website to be an unwieldy piece of crap even using the last release.

Thanks for the feedback,

Paul.
Old Apr 9, 2011, 10:45 am
dll

Programs: AA Gold (prev. Ex Plat for 10 years); DL Plat; UA Gold; Hilton Diamond
Same for me. I use Safari and Chrome on a Mac and have been stuck in the login loop from hell every time I try to access my account. I also have upcoming stays that have gone missing or are inaccessible now using the confirmation number.

This week I cancelled an award booking for December. I was unable to access the booking on the website so I called the Gold desk. Took them 20 minutes to cancel it (...?) and the points have still not cleared back into my account. I'm giving them another few days then I will call back.

Their IT is a joke and one of the things that I dislike most about HHonors. That and the horrible La Source bath products but that's a whole separate thread and topic!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.