Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Points and Money Rewards: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 7, 2016, 11:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
For detailed info on Points & Money Rewards™ award nights, see Making sense of Hilton reward options [UPDATED March 2015]

For the Hilton Honors Points & Money Rewards™ FAQ, please see here.
Print Wikipost

Points and Money Rewards: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2011, 10:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Regardless as long as this doesn't inflate points, I look at this at more options. Though with PC I never use pts + cash.
Old Apr 13, 2011, 2:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
I don't think this inflates points, although the requirements for premium room rewards certainly do.
Old Apr 13, 2011, 4:13 am

Originally Posted by bharv
any hotels that are actually offering " points and money "

so far i can't find any
+1

Has anyone found any?
Old Apr 19, 2011, 12:16 am

Tried NYC and Boston, but so far no luck for

any points and cash options, though the prompt exists and seems relatively easy to access...
Old Apr 20, 2011, 10:42 am

nope----have not had any luck in locating any " money and points " hotels
Old May 30, 2011, 8:46 pm

Programs: DL PM; Marriott Plat; Hilton Honors Gold
I just had an interesting experience booking a one night reward at the Millenium Hilton in New York. The standard rate was 50,000 but the rate for a premium room (King, City View) was only 33,166. Junior suits could be had for 39k. I am not complaining. The interesting thing is that you actually had to click through and look at all the rooms that are available to see the lower reward rate. The reward search screen that list all the area hotels said that rooms start at 50,000 points for this property.

To make things even more interesting, about 5 minutes after I booked I went back and did the exact same search again. Now King City View is now listed as 41,458 and junior suites are around 48k. I wonder if they are trying some sort of dynamic pricing model for premium reward stays like an airline would use for ticket prices. I would find it hard to believe that I would book a room 5 minutes before they raise redemption rates, though stranger things could happen.

Has anyone had a similar experience with other properties?
Old May 30, 2011, 10:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA MMGold, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by rcurry01

Has anyone had a similar experience with other properties?
Saw something similar, see below thread, post #8:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...standards.html

Thought it is a glitch, not sure how wide spread the problem is.
Old Jun 24, 2011, 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by bharv
any hotels that are actually offering " points and money "

so far i can't find any
I found one, Gallery ONE - A DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel, in Miami.

I hope they roll this out to my Feb 2012 trip to USA, I need a cheap room for one night.
Old Aug 7, 2011, 9:31 am

Programs: DL, BA, AA, UA, HHonors, PC
Where does this stand? Do we know when the 'official' full rollout of the program may occur?
Old Aug 7, 2011, 10:18 am

Originally Posted by boilers
Where does this stand? Do we know when the 'official' full rollout of the program may occur?
As noted in the HHonors reward FAQ, Hilton's website says this:
This is part of a pilot program with limited availability. With new Points & Money Rewards, you can redeem points more quickly than with our Standard Room Rewards. This is because if you don't have enough Hilton HHonors™ points to book a room using Standard Room Rewards, or simply if you prefer to use fewer points, then you can combine points with money to book a standard room. This is a great option if you need just a few hundred more points to achieve a reward stay. Availability of Points & Money Rewards varies by participating hotels and stay dates at time of booking.

These rewards are part of a pilot program with limited availability. We anticipate offering them more broadly by the end of September, 2011. The website reflects current availability of these products, which matches the same availability when calling Hilton Reservations and Customer Care.
Old Sep 7, 2011, 1:18 pm
Suspended

Can anyone suggest if this point and money award allows double dip (i.e., earning the pts for the money paid plus the airline miles as usual)? Thanks
Old Sep 7, 2011, 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by Freddy2010
Can anyone suggest if this point and money award allows double dip (i.e., earning the pts for the money paid plus the airline miles as usual)? Thanks
The HHonors T&C state that "Reward Stays" are not stays for purposes of points accrual, and elsewhere define "Reward Stays" to include Points & Money Rewards. On its face, that means no points/miles earned.
Old Sep 7, 2011, 4:16 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by beltway
More relevant:

Will I earn HHonors points for Standard Room Rewards, Points & Money Rewards, Premium Room Rewards, and Room Upgrade Rewards?

The money spent on the room rate portion of Points & Money Rewards will not be considered an eligible folio charge for which points will be issued. Determining all other incidental charges that count towards earning HHonors points varies by brand and type of charge. Please see the HHonors Terms and Conditions for details.
http://hhonors1.hilton.com/en_US/hh/...s_faq/index.do
Old Oct 5, 2011, 10:49 am

Programs: Affiliated with all, participate in some
Points & Money Rewards showed a published table in the Hilton HHonors Expanded FAQ when I published a Hilton HHonors Points & Money Analysis on my Loyalty Traveler blog two days ago. Within hours of my post all references to the Points & Money table and amounts were removed from the Hilton website. The Points & Money table had been around since April 2011.

Old FAQ:

11. I don't have enough points to book a room using Standard Room Rewards. Is purchasing points my only option?
Not having enough points shouldn't keep you from seeing the world. That's why HHonors members can use a combination of HHonors points and money to book a standard room. Availability of Points & Money Rewards varies by participating hotel and booking date. The chart below displays the number of points you'll need:

Points & Money Rewards Redemption Table

Hotel Category Points & Money Rewards
1 Unavailable
2 6,250 Pts + US$30
3 12,500 Pts + US$40
4 15,000 Pts + US$50
5 17,500 Pts + US$60
6 20,000 Pts + US$70
7 25,000 Pts + US$85
Waldorf Astoria® 30,000 Pts + US$100

12. How quickly can I earn an HHonors reward night?

Faster than you may think! Enjoy free nights for as few as 7,500 points per night with Standard Room Rewards. Or get to a reward night even faster with Points & Money Rewards for as few as 6,250 points + US$30 per night at participating hotels.

All references to the amounts shown in the Points & Money table were removed. In place of the table the HHonors Expanded Rewards FAQ page now reads:

The number of points required to redeem Points & Money Rewards varies by room, hotel, and booking date.
Old Oct 5, 2011, 11:50 am

Originally Posted by satori
Within hours of my post all references to the Points & Money table and amounts were removed from the Hilton website. The Points & Money table had been around since April 2011.

All references to the amounts shown in the Points & Money table were removed.
Great catch, Ric. Have you experimented at all to see how P&M bookings are pricing out now? I wonder if the new rates will, through sheer inertia, remain the same as in the chart for a while.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.