Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Points and Money Rewards: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 7, 2016, 11:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
For detailed info on Points & Money Rewards™ award nights, see Making sense of Hilton reward options [UPDATED March 2015]

For the Hilton Honors Points & Money Rewards™ FAQ, please see here.
Print Wikipost

Points and Money Rewards: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2013, 2:00 pm

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
No.

Unless the systems are broken, which they frequently are. Some properties will allow points on incidentals but not on the whole amount.

If you don't get them, you can't complain so although YMMV, I'd always proceed on the basis that I wouldn't earn any points. However, I would expect full status benefits and stay credit.
Old Nov 21, 2013, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Even though the cash portion is subject to room tax, it's considered a "co-payment" rather than a (qualifying) room rate.
Old Nov 22, 2013, 2:25 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, VS Red, HH Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Basic, Alitalia Status Match
Free breakfast as a gold...

Thanks all!

Another quick question: If I'm HH Gold and staying in a room with my wife and children, who exactly would get the free breakfast? Would it be me only (as the Gold member) or all people on the booking staying in the same room as me?
Old Nov 22, 2013, 3:57 am

Programs: BA Blue, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by ankomonkey
Thanks all!

Another quick question: If I'm HH Gold and staying in a room with my wife and children, who exactly would get the free breakfast? Would it be me only (as the Gold member) or all people on the booking staying in the same room as me?
In a couple of Hilton properties we've all been given breakfast.
Old Nov 22, 2013, 4:15 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Again, it varies but the program benefit is the member + 1.

I tend to travel alone but I have had breakfast for all members in my party when traveling with my parents.
Old Nov 22, 2013, 9:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by ankomonkey
Thanks all!

Officially:
Conrad® Hotels & Resorts, Hilton Hotels & Resorts, DoubleTree by Hilton™
■Space-available upgrade to a preferred room
■1,000 HHonors Bonus Points per stay or a complimentary continental breakfast for you and up to one additional guest registered to the same room each day of your stay
http://hhonors3.hilton.com/en/explor...its/index.html
Unofficially, depending upon the property you may receive more.
Old Nov 22, 2013, 9:45 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, VS Red, HH Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Basic, Alitalia Status Match
Again, thanks all!
Old Jan 14, 2014, 10:52 pm

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat
Points/Miles Earned on Cash and Points Stays?s

Presumably I'd earn bonus MyWay points, at 5 per dollar on the cash portion of cash and points stays. But what if I changed my MyWay selection to airline miles so I qualify for a significant VS bonus? Will that kick in?

Thanks....
Old Jan 15, 2014, 12:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Explore
Presumably I'd earn bonus MyWay points, at 5 per dollar on the cash portion of cash and points stays. But what if I changed my MyWay selection to airline miles so I qualify for a significant VS bonus? Will that kick in?

Thanks....
No. You also do not earn points on the cash portion of points and money stays according to the terms and conditions.
From hiltonhonors.com:
WILL I EARN HHONORS POINTS FOR STANDARD ROOM REWARDS, POINTS & MONEY REWARDS, PREMIUM ROOM REWARDS AND ROOM UPGRADE REWARDS?
The money spent on the room rate portion of Points & Money Rewards will not be considered an eligible folio charge for which points will be issued. Determining all other incidental charges that count towards earning HHonors Points varies by brand and type of charge. Please see the HHonors Terms and Conditions for details.
See these threads (among many others):
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...ey+stay+credit
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...ey+stay+credit
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...cash-stay.html
Old Apr 16, 2014, 6:17 pm

Programs: AA, BA, HH
Point & Money Question

Hello all,

I'm looking at a Millennium Hilton NYC it should be $100 & 24K (P&M) or 60K (standard) yet some nights the price is $150 & 24k or 60K, What gives?

I'm looking at 3 people in a room and 2 double beds......

Did I miss something can the cash co-pay change even if the standard point room rate does not and this is not over a seasonal change period.....
Old Apr 16, 2014, 6:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by oneeye4u76
Hello all,

I'm looking at a Millennium Hilton NYC it should be $100 & 24K (P&M) or 60K (standard) yet some nights the price is $150 & 24k or 60K, What gives?

I'm looking at 3 people in a room and 2 double beds......

Did I miss something can the cash co-pay change even if the standard point room rate does not and this is not over a seasonal change period.....
Yes. It all depends upon how much demand they have the rooms and how much they want to charge. Other times the points and money rate won't even be offered. Typically it seems the P+M rate for Monday night is $150 (looking at the next month or so).
Old Apr 18, 2014, 10:26 am

Jerry is correct, it is dependent on room demand. They appear to have some consistency but pricing and points are dictated by additional factors.
Old Jul 1, 2014, 5:19 am

Programs: HH Gold, FB, Hertz Gold+, Omni Platinum
Hi guys,

Im a bit confused with "P+M" rate and hope you can help me,

Im trying to book Hilton Houston Southwest with "POINTS AND MONEY RWD"
when I'm searching on general Hilton website for Hilton Houston hotels with points, Hilton Houston Southwest seems to have this option available (P+M) but if I click on "Book a room" for this hotel this rate is not visible anymore only standard rates and points but not Money and Points options.
Whats wrong? Should I call them and ask or did I overlook something?
Thanks a lot!

Last edited by Effekt; Jul 1, 2014 at 8:30 am
Old Jul 1, 2014, 12:13 pm
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton

Programs: Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by Effekt
Hi guys,

when I'm searching on general Hilton website for Hilton Houston hotels with points, Hilton Houston Southwest seems to have this option available (P+M) but if I click on "Book a room" for this hotel this rate is not visible anymore only standard rates and points but not Money and Points options.
Thanks a lot!
Hi there, I just took a look myself and ran into the same issue. I tried other hotels and was able to book those Points and Money rates, so I'm guessing this could be a technical glitch. I recommend either calling or you can PM me your HHonors number, email, and name, as well as details of the stay you're hoping to book and I can work with my team to help you out!
Old Jul 1, 2014, 12:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Effekt
Hi guys,

Thanks a lot!
Originally Posted by HHonorsRepresentative
Hi there, I just took a look myself and ran into the same issue. I tried other hotels and was able to book those Points and Money rates, so I'm guessing this could be a technical glitch. I recommend either calling or you can PM me your HHonors number, email, and name, as well as details of the stay you're hoping to book and I can work with my team to help you out!
The only glitch is that the points and money rewards appear to be only available for accessible rooms. Effekt you can see the available rooms by clicking on "Show accessible rooms" on the left side of the page under Narrow your results.
To recap when starting your search click on Use Hilton Honors points and Flexible Travel Dates. Then click on View Available Dates for Hilton Houston Southwest. You can then select Points and Money Rewards on the next page then update. 1 King and 2 Double Accessible Rooms consistently show up for 8,000 points and $40.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.