Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Istanbul - Old Town {TUR}

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Istanbul - Old Town {TUR}

Old Jan 25, 2016, 11:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by arlflyer
A minority viewpoint could also be to suggest considering some time at the DT in Kadikoy. I rather like it over there myself.
I'm a fan of the DT Moda in Kadikoy, having stayed there at least 3 times. A quick cab ride from the DT Old Town to Yenikapi and you can catch the boat to Kadikoy which leaves you a few hundred meters walk from the DT Moda.

Although similar to the European side, the Asian side certainly has a different feel to it. There's lots to do around the Kadikoy area, as well as countless options a short trip away via either taxi or the various public transport. It's also relatively easy to make your way from there to the Taksim area via visa/funicular.
Old Apr 16, 2016, 8:43 pm

Programs: AC*SE100K , HH DIAMOND, MARRIOTT PLATINUM
Looking to stay here in October single occupancy rooms are 81$ under the HH rate but 100$ for two occupants, as diamond aren't I entitled two my second guest free ?
Old Apr 16, 2016, 10:20 pm

Programs: UA MM, Hilton-Dia
Originally Posted by Klove007
Looking to stay here in October single occupancy rooms are 81$ under the HH rate but 100$ for two occupants, as diamond aren't I entitled two my second guest free ?
Yes.

Stayed here in the last few weeks - renovation on lower floors going on and could be heard during the day - hopefully it ends by your stay. Great location but breakfast not great - it was the same offerings every day, had no sausage/bacon - in comparison, the Hilton near Taksim had a non halal corner.

Hotel was very quiet given recent events - very few other guests observed during breakfast - not sure if this might have been reason to limit breakfast item choices.
Old Apr 17, 2016, 3:30 am

Programs: AC*SE100K , HH DIAMOND, MARRIOTT PLATINUM
Thanks for the update hopefully renovations will be over by October we are only staying 36 hours in town and the central location is ideal for us - I'm going to rebook using 1 person and call into desk and add the second person to see if that changes the rate
Old Apr 17, 2016, 6:05 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, OZ Dia, HH Dia, SPG Plat25, MR Plat, Hertz PC, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by tide
Yes.

Stayed here in the last few weeks - renovation on lower floors going on and could be heard during the day - hopefully it ends by your stay. Great location but breakfast not great - it was the same offerings every day, had no sausage/bacon - in comparison, the Hilton near Taksim had a non halal corner.

Hotel was very quiet given recent events - very few other guests observed during breakfast - not sure if this might have been reason to limit breakfast item choices.
Recently cancelled a stay coming up in 2 weeks time because of the renovations. It seems a lot of the rooms have been taken off the inventory. Judging from your report, seems a cancellation was wise!

It will be interesting to see how this property comes up against the new Doubletree at Sirkeci when it opens:
http://doubletree3.hilton.com/en/hot...IDI/index.html

Been wanting to book at the Sirkeci instead of Old Town, but they keep pushing back their opening date. Booked the Gezi Design Hotel to take advantage of the SPG promo... Although the Old Town location looks solid.
Old Jun 24, 2016, 7:19 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro 2MM, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Bonvoy Gold
Solid choice near Istanbul\'s Old Town

Doubletree By Hilton Istanbul Old Town

Map| 1 Review | 100% Recommended

Ordu Cad No:31, Beyazit Istanbul, TR 34130

Solid choice near Istanbul's Old Town (6 Photos)

I arrived at IST from CDG on a Wednesday afternoon, and decided to take public transportation to the hotel. After a short metro ride to Zeytinburnu, I did the easy transfer and took the tram the Laleli-Üniversite stop. The tram was crowded, but someone offered me his seat. I guess I looked like a tired traveler. All in all, the trip took less than an hour and (because I had an Istanbulkart) cost 4TL.

Check In

Check in was quick and friendly. Ibrahim welcomed me and took my credit card and passport. He thanked me for being a HH Diamond member and told me that I had been upgraded to a suite. He gave me a voucher for breakfast along with coupons for discounts in the restaurant, bar, and spa and bonus points for eating at the restaurant. He wrote his name on a card with his extension and told me to contact him if I needed anything. Finally, he handed me my room keys and cookie.

Room

Room 210 faced Divan Yolu and had an entry hall, living area, bedroom, and two bathrooms... one off the entry hall and the other off the bedroom. There was a welcome letter along with a plate of fruit.

Even though the room fronted a busy street, I never noticed any noise from people walking or driving by or the tram. The room was a little warm when I walked in, but I adjusted the thermostats in the living area and bedroom to cool everything down pretty quickly.

I'll let the pictures do the talking:

Full bath off the entry

IMG_1322.jpg

Living area

IMG_1320.jpg

Bedroom

IMG_1321.jpg

Full bath off the bedroom

IMG_1323.jpg

View of Divan Yolu

IMG_1324.jpg

Service

The only issue I encountered during my stay was a hiccup with the wifi. I called Ibrahim who checked into it with the IT person. After a restart, everything was fine. Speeds weren't blazing, but they did get as fast as 2Mbps on a couple of occasions.

I had no other issues that required attention during my stay.

Dining

The only meal I had at the hotel was breakfast, which was served on the 5th floor. I would consider it the average Turkish breakfast hotel... not up to the standards of a five-star hotel but certainly better than one would find at a typical Doubletree in the US. There was a nice variety of fruits, pastries, cold meats and cheeses, along with Turkish breakfast staples like olives, tomatoes, cucumbers, and pickles. Waiters brought beverages, and cooked items like eggs and omelets were also available upon request.

The location is one of the hotel's best features. It is a ten-minute walk (or one tram stop) to the Grand Bazaar, and about 15-20 minutes to the Hippodrome, Blue Mosque, and Aya Sofia. Having a stop on Istanbul's T1 tram line makes it easy to get to many of Istanbul's attractions. In addition, the hotel is about a five-minute walk to Vezneciler metro station, which is just three stops away from Taksim Square on the M2 line (a much faster alternative to taking the tram to KabataÅŸ and funicular to Taksim). One could also get to the hotel from the airport by taking the M1a metro line to Yanikapi and tranferring to the M2 and taking it one stop to Yenikapi... though the walk to the hotel from there would be a little longer.

There are quite a few shops in the immediate area as well as small restaurants. The more touristy areas are to the east of the hotel, while walking (or taking the tram) to the west gets you to more authentic (and much less expensive) restaurants.

Overall

As someone else mentioned, part of the hotel is being renovated. Only the first and second floors were available for occupancy. Tourism in Istanbul, and all of Turkey, for that matter, has taken a huge hit due to security concerns and tension with Russia. At times I felt like the only guest. This photo was taken at about 5 p.m.:

IMG_1326.jpg

The only time I saw more than one other guest was at breakfast, where only three other tables were occupied.

This hotel is an excellent option for anyone who wants to stay near the Old Town. I purchased my room during Hilton's Winter Sale and was able to get it for €72.90 including taxes. I would not hesitate to return.

Solid choice near Istanbul's Old Town

Would you like to write a review on the Doubletree By Hilton Istanbul Old Town?

No, thank you.
Yes
alextl likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2024, 1:44 am
Used to be 'Travelergcp'

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
I’m here now. Everything is as reported. I got upgraded to a nice corner room. Good location for touring the historic sites.. Good breakfast spread. Pretty cheap rate.
Old Mar 20, 2024, 3:09 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by TravelerMSY
Im here now. Everything is as reported. I got upgraded to a nice corner room. Good location for touring the historic sites.. Good breakfast spread. Pretty cheap rate.

Timely post for me, thanks. Any other beneficial info would be appreciated via DM.

Anyone know what their policy is for room upgrades and free breakfast for a third party booking (BA booked flight hotel city break) . I know I wont earn HH points but keen to know if this Doubletree will provide the other HH benefits. Any info would be appreciated

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.