Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton New York Fashion District {US-NY}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton New York Fashion District {US-NY}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2018, 12:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by runningformqm
considering a stay here, is it possible for 1 person to use 2 $20 vouchers at once? (ie by saying 2 people in the room)
No first hand experience but highly unlikely.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 5:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
I've stayed at this hotel many times. Seems like the breakfast benefit changing every time I stay here.

I received an email this afternoon about my upcoming stay and from the front desk manager:

It states:
Please note that for our valued Gold and Diamond Members, we are also pleased to offer you the choice of the following benefits:

1. Daily breakfast credit up to $20 per guest, per room for a maximum of 2 guests

OR

2. 2,000 Additional Hilton Honors Points per night

In Room Dining operates on the same hours as Rare Bar & Grill

So looks like they are changing it once again. I've never been offered bonus points for skipping breakfast. Seeing how cheap they are with the breakfast benefits now (they used to be very generous to diamonds) I may just go for the points and eat at brooklyn bagel.
Old May 16, 2019, 1:17 am

How generous are they with diamond's late check out policy here?

Breakfast is still $20x2 right?
Old May 16, 2019, 4:48 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by anchor79

stayed last November and breakfast was 20*2 but we went slighty above it and they did not charged extra
Old May 16, 2019, 12:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by anchor79

It's been $20 * 2 for a while and last time I was there they were pretty strict on charging for anything over. One thing to keep in mind is that when you get your bill a tip was already added.

I stay in this hotel at least five times a year and have been staying there since they've been a Hilton and they're usually sticklers about not giving a check out past 2 if you are on an AARP rate and 1 if it's any other rate (for some reason they will give a non-status on an AARP rate a 2 p.m. check out over a diamond on a non AARP rate) but a couple times I have had good luck in getting 3 p.m. but I always ask a staff member that remembers me as a regular guest. I was there in February with a friend who is diamond and they wouldn't give him past 1:30 which was ok, he just stored his stuff in my room.

If you get a late checkout make sure to ask for a physical key that is coded for the late checkout time. The digital key won't work past noon.
flockavelliFT likes this.
Old Apr 22, 2021, 11:43 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Any recent stays here? Considering a stay as a Diamond due to the price point (sub $100) and location.
Old Apr 23, 2021, 8:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Is it closed until May 26? I'm showing no availablilty until then.
Old Apr 23, 2021, 8:12 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
Is it closed until May 26? I'm showing no availablilty until then.
Most likely yes - the stay would be in early June. So I guess that answers my question since they’re closed.
Old Apr 23, 2021, 9:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Matt4200
Most likely yes - the stay would be in early June. So I guess that answers my question since they’re closed.
Must be the opening dates for a lot of Hiltons, the Palmer house in chicago isn't opening until around then.

I'm in NYC next weekend and maybe the weekend of May 14 and the same hotels are showing no availability those same weekends.
Old Jul 30, 2022, 9:17 am

Programs: Wyndham Diamond
Any recent stay experience to share for an elite (Diamond)? I don't care too much about breakfast while in NY but it's super important to my sister with whom I am traveling with. I want her to start the day off happy.
Old Jul 31, 2022, 12:48 am

Originally Posted by happychic
Any recent stay experience to share for an elite (Diamond)? I don't care too much about breakfast while in NY but it's super important to my sister with whom I am traveling with. I want her to start the day off happy.
Stayed last February with Mr m4l. Our 4th/5th stay at this property but we may not return because some of the rooms are really small.

Upgrading was to an upper floor and the view was nice.

The daily allowance b/fast was almost enough(IIRC did not cover the full tip) for a meet/egg dish that was quite good, but without any coffee/juices.
We consider american coffee too light so we were happy to go somewhere else for alternatives.
happychic likes this.
Old Jul 31, 2022, 5:28 am

Programs: Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by more4less
Stayed last February with Mr m4l. Our 4th/5th stay at this property but we may not return because some of the rooms are really small.

Upgrading was to an upper floor and the view was nice.

The daily allowance b/fast was almost enough(IIRC did not cover the full tip) for a meet/egg dish that was quite good, but without any coffee/juices.
We consider american coffee too light so we were happy to go somewhere else for alternatives.
Thank you. Was it $10x2 credit to be used only at breakfast?

Any issue with slow elevators?
Old Jul 31, 2022, 10:03 am

Originally Posted by happychic
Thank you. Was it $10x2 credit to be used only at breakfast?

Any issue with slow elevators?
Hi,

IIRC it was $18x2 credit but no idea if it was only for b/fast, sorry.

Regarding the elevators it was an issue at around 9am and at noon, but not really bad.
happychic likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2024, 6:33 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, ITA Elite+, Cathay S, Singapore S, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Deciding between the Hilton Fashion District and the Renaissance Chelsea around the corner.
Have Hilton Gold status and Marriott Platinum. Price is alomst exactly the same for the nights I am staying.

Either preferred over the other?
Old Mar 31, 2024, 7:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by thomas199023
Deciding between the Hilton Fashion District and the Renaissance Chelsea around the corner.
Have Hilton Gold status and Marriott Platinum. Price is alomst exactly the same for the nights I am staying.

Either preferred over the other?
Never stayed at the REnassance, but if a late check out is important, you'll get a guaranteed 4 p.m. checkout as a marriott platinum. I've stayed at the fashion district many times, and as a diamond, I'm lucky to get a 1 p.m. checkout.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.